[Closed] How to Recognize Dial Tones, via the PC's Microphone?

Zohar

Hi

Assume this configuration:

A computer with Windows XP,

A Microphone,

and AutoIt of course.

I need to recognize Dialtones(0..9, *, #) coming via the Microphone.

How can I do it?

Thank you

Zohar

Edited by Zohar

hmm well i never had an a phone-call to my skype pc, i am guessing this means when it happens skypes plays the dail tone of the caller?

In any case its a cool idea ;)

The only suggestion i can give is a third-party speech recognition software, u could add in 12 custom recognitions "1-9, *, #" to run 12 autoit complied exes that send messages to ur main script.

So when the software picks up 1, to runs the 1 .exe that sends a message to ur main script 1 has been detected.

Thats how i would go about it if i was doing it, maybe others in this forum have a better way :)

P.S sry if this is not much help but its all i could come up with

P.S I do think its really cool though ;) i lock the pc, i am away from home but a family member needs to use the pc. So i ring my pc and it self-unlocks ^^ oh the wonders of technology lol

Edited by IanN1990

The way I am currently doing this. I have a macro that will login to my email account and check messages. The macro can respond to pixel data and text allowing it to gather information from the email and respond with macro commands,

list of macro commands here:

$macrocommand_keysstrokes

$macrocommand_hold_release_key

$macrocommand_pause_macro

$macrocommand_macro_run

$macrocommand_program_run

$macrocommand_activate_window

$macrocommand_move_mouse

$macrocommand_mouse_click

$macrocommand_move_and_click

$macrocommand_hold_release_mouse

$macrocommand_mouse_wheel_scroll

$macrocommand_gotocommand

$macrocommand_breakgoto

$macrocommand_callfunction

$macrocommand_screenshot;out file, rect=0 full screen

$macrocommand_setudv_arithmitic

$macrocommand_setudv_getmouse_xy

$macrocommand_setudv_getpixel

$macrocommand_setudv_getfileline

$macrocommand_setudv_getfilelines

$macrocommand_setudv_random

$macrocommand_condition_compare

$macrocommand_condition_keypressed

$macrocommand_computervoice

$macrocommand_condition_findrect

$macrocommand_move_window

$macrocommand_setudv_concatnate

$macrocommand_setudv_clipboard

$macrocommand_setudv_systemvolume

$macrocommand_set_systemvolume

$macrocommand_condition_endif

$macrocommand_condition_isrunning

$macrocommand_mouse_controlclick

$macrocommand_controlsend

$macrocommand_hotkeyfunction

Each command has access to over 10 data members, like what keys to send how fast to send them, the window title and control id to click ext...

so basically it can run programs, read files, send keys, click controls, talk with any computer voice installed, udv stands for user defined value or variable, react to pixel conditions, programs running, or udv values.

That means you could text your email account from your cell phone, have your computer call your buddy standing next to you whereever you are, and have it say a custom message, play a file, or output the contents of a file with microsoft sam, or anna, whoever. That means you could play a song, or sing the lyrics with a computer voice. I'll make a post offering this program soon, but for now just giving you some ideas how I accomplish what it sounds like you are trying to do. Unfortunately I do not know how to unlock a computer with macros yet, as macros triggered by hotkeys don't seem to get triggered when the computer is locked. Haven't thoroughly tested that yet either but so far it hasn't worked.

Edited by Xandy

Instead of listening for dial tone, I have the macro check the pixel data in the phone dialog of gmail call phone to see if someone has answered the phone, the limitation is that the script doesn't know if a person or answering machine answered.

i dont think you can unlock the pc via autoit when its locked but instead you could make a custom lock ? Something that disables the mouse/keyboard and blacks out the screen "or displays a image of the lock screen so it appears locked". Then you could easily disable that instead

Edited by IanN1990

Hi IanN1990 and Xandy

Very nice ideas :)

My point, was to enable me communication with my PC, even when I am with a phone that does not have any internet..

For that reason, email will not be good here(tho it's a great idea).

I will check a way to do Speech Recognition.

Anyone has here a simple and short implementation for Speech Recognition?

Something like a small program that simply hears a Word, and Outputs it to a MsgBox?

I searched the forum but found many long and complicated examples..

Edit:

For a very short example of Speech Recognition using AutoIt, please see this:

Edited by Zohar

My phone can send a text to my email as a regular text message. I do not have internet on my phone it is not required I recommend testing if you can send a text to an email address.

Edited by Xandy

Speech recognition will probably not work. What you need is something like a frequency analyzer. Each of the sounds produced by the buttons on a phone is actually two frequencies played at the same time. Depending on which two frequencies are being played translates to the corresponding button press. See here for more information on DTMF.

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

• 3 years later...

I have an amazing idea if you have a aux cable you could connect the computers microphone jack with a mobiles earphone output  then go to sounds in control panel and adjust microphone to the incoming microphone jack connection then when you are far away from the computer just call to your  mobile and talk then output from the mobile will go to your computers microphone jack, The computer will hear it as speech but a problem is that you have to filter it or seperate noice from the incoming sound if you have a better quality mobile with a good network connection  it wont be any trouble. then write a program in autoit to handle the incoming speech commands,thats all if you need to simplify speech recognition in autoit you could use my UDF Utter.au3 link here:https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/175719-utter-utilizing-more-of-sapi/ hope i helped you. Thank you!  

Edited by Surya

No matter whatever the challenge maybe control on the outcome its on you its always have been.

MY UDF: Transpond UDF (Sent vriables to Programs) , Utter UDF (Speech Recognition)