Here is a task manager script written in pure autoit.

lots'a code, taken from many people.

Credits: Manko, Trancexx, Yashid, monoceres

Prog@ndy, Engine, UEZ, MrCreatoR, Beege

The Kandie Man, Smoke_N, Larry, mrRevoked

JScript, FredAI, Mobius, Zohran, rasim

No special order in credit line.. and yeah, that many peoples code ;)

Posted Image

Features

• List Processes
  • Manage dlls in a process
  • Manage process threads
  • Detects some compressed files
  • Has several termination options
  • Ability to verify 3rd party signed exes
  • Unlock directories and files
  • Take ownership of pesky Access denied files
Download - 2+ Mb

Many things improved, still buggy as hell.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

I ran as per your warning (jn a VirtualMachine) and all I got was an annoying popup box saying 844 and some weird float number in the titlebar.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The names of the processes do not show up in the first column. I tested and they are in $event but I can't seem to chase this down bug.

I noticed, this seems to happen on certain pcs and not all of them, can you try it now? when I posted the first source I had forgot to remove the damn little message box.

I ran as per your warning (jn a VirtualMachine) and all I got was an annoying popup box saying 844 and some weird float number in the titlebar.

Yeah, sorry about that, I forgot to remove that and comment that specific part of the code out, it seems to be causing a perpetual loop.

I'm not clear on the warning, please clarify.

Is this script likely to smash my computer, or damage its windows installation?

Sorry about that, updated the first post, the reason for the warning is because I don't want to be liable for some one crashing their PC while messing with it, if you notice, I still haven't finished it and the service part of it still doesn't work, which are things taken from mankos ProDLLer script.

Same deal. WIndows 7 x64

Well, I haven't tested this on a 64bit system, I'll try it now and see if I can figure this out, but can you be a little more clear on what exactly is happening?

Oops, I said, "I tested and they are in $event but I can't seem to chase this down bug." in my first post. I meant $entry.

Oh, then this is most defiantly a problem with _WinAPI_ThreadnProcess() that populates the variable, this is most likely something I messed up while suiting it to my needs, the function was taken from a post by manko that is supposed to help me also detect suspended applications, I'll look into this, thanks.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

In the first column titled "Process Name", all of the rows are blank. I looked at the avriable $entry (line 795), that shows that the process names are there. It's just when you try to put them into the listview something happens. I tried it with x64 and running at as x86. Also, with beta and production.

Edited by LaCastiglione

In the first column titled "Process Name", all of the rows are blank. I looked at the avriable $entry (line 795), that shows that the process names are there. It's just when you try to put them into the listview something happens. I tried it with x64 and running at as x86. Also, with beta and production.

The problem seemed to be due to a style value used, which I forgot why it was even there in the first place, it should work now, thank you for the help. :)

Sweet! Second problem is when I click on Active Services:

"C:UsersMatthewDesktopTaskMgr.au3" (853) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$ListCTRL2[$y] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($Entry, $ServiceList)
^ ERROR

Sweet! Second problem is when I click on Active Services:

"C:UsersMatthewDesktopTaskMgr.au3" (853) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$ListCTRL2[$y] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($Entry, $ServiceList)
^ ERROR

Damn, I got that error as well when testing on a 64bit vista, I had forgotten to increase the array size when editing the version on my 32bit XP.

updated first post.

Seems to work well best I can tell. Feature request: make the columns sortable please.

Done, but a feature that I really want in this is process updating without having to populate the entire list view again, I'm trying to just insert the newly initiated process into its correct place without having to go through the whole process of creating a new list view entry for every single process, I'll see how this works out.

Done, but a feature that I really want in this is process updating without having to populate the entire list view again, I'm trying to just insert the newly initiated process into its correct place without having to go through the whole process of creating a new list view entry for every single process, I'll see how this works out.

Yeah, and I didn't notice it wasn't even working correctly...

Anyway, I've made quite a few improvements and changed the gui a little, both files are in the original 1st post. :)

Definately a better gui. UNder the active processes tab, no processes are listed. The entire control is blank except for when I check List Services.

I tried figuring that out, tested on several systems 64bit and failed to duplicate this bug :)

Any way, thanks for the help, I'm still working on this and I've updated the initial post with a more featured version with better error checking and more miscellaneous options. Also made some of the features work when running from scite, hopefully I can catch that bug though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...