Autotravel Move for WoW

Stumpii

The Autotravel Move script removes some of the tedium of continually clicking a button to turn when using the Autotravel Resurrection Addon for the World of Warcraft game.

Note that you need Autotravel Resurrection for this script to work. The regular Autotravel will not work.

I have now also included the script 'AT Randomiser' to randomly change the exe filename of the AT Move program to stop those snooping Blizz people :) . For the randomiser to work, the AT Move program must be compiled.

To use:

1) Run the script either before or after running WoW.

2) Configure using the UI.

4) Click 'Start'.

5) The script will quit after you exit the game.

To configure Autotravel Resurrection:

1) In WoW, press ESC, then click 'Key Bindings'

2) Find Autotravel and the 'Move!' keybinding.

3) Set the key for 'Move!' to be the same as the 'Mash Key' in the Autotravel Move script GUI.

I have updated it based on a number of good changes that others have posted. Thanks to everyone that has provided input!

To try and keep track of the changes, I have added a version number to it. I will try and keep this first post up to date as it will save everyone searching through all the posts.

Autotravel Mover Revision History:

v1.3 - 27 July 05

1) Added support for single character keys (A-Z, 0-9 etc.). Thanks h8no1.

AT Randomiser Revision History:

v1.0 - 9 Aug 05

1) First release.

For the AutoIt newbies:

1) Download the latest AutoIt from this site (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/). There is a download link.

2) Download the script attached to this post.

3) To run the script, just double click it and the script will the do the rest.

4) If you want to compile the script, locate the script in Win Explorer, right click on it and select 'Compile'. The compiled file will be created in the same folder. Run by double clicking the exe file.

Autotravel_Mover_v1.3.au3

AT_Randomiser_v1.0.au3

Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omg, this is the most awesomest script EVER!  :)

//end sarcasm

-UberMonkey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I know its not really rocket science, but for the guys using AT for WoW, it is a real finger saver!

I will expand it some when I get time. :evil:

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Stumpii, Please look at this and post comments here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13767

I have also created a compiled exe version, this way AutoIT.exe is NEVER running and therefore, just change the name of the exe every so often and it is untraceable. Please contact me about this.

EDIT: Link no longer needed and is outdated. Use download at top of page

Edited by Cpc197c

I have tried to encapsulate the changes that have been made by everyone into a single version and I have updated the first post accordingly. The version is 1.0

Guest Ziggyke

I have tried to encapsulate the changes that have been made by everyone into a single version and I have updated the first post accordingly. The version is 1.0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WoW!! :) Great improvements! Couldn't do it better :evil:

The code behind this file is huge, but complete!

Stumpii, Please look at this and post comments here

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13767

I have also created a compiled exe version, this way AutoIT.exe is NEVER running and therefore, just change the name of the exe every so often and it is untraceable.  Please contact me about this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Name of exe doesn't matter, blizzard can't disallow you from using AutoIt :)

They have no idea how it's being used.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Nice touch with the autostart, might scare some ppl off though but its their problem :)

But the path to the wow.exe shouldn't be static, make it so the user can change it or if we want to scare some more ppl look in the registry for where its installed :evil:

Something like this should work...

$WoWPath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft", "GamePath")

Oh another thing.

Might want to use @ScriptDir for saving and reading to the INI file, usually its not a problem, but sometimes the default dir isn't the right one...

IniWrite (@ScriptDir & "\Autotravel Move.ini", "General Settings", "MashKey", $keybutton)

Nice touch with the autostart, might scare some ppl off though but its their problem  :)

But the path to the wow.exe shouldn't be static, make it so the user can change it or if we want to scare some more ppl look in the registry for where its installed :evil:

Something like this should work...

$WoWPath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft", "GamePath")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh another thing.

Might want to use @ScriptDir for saving and reading to the INI file, usually its not a problem, but sometimes the default dir isn't the right one...

IniWrite (@ScriptDir & "\Autotravel Move.ini", "General Settings", "MashKey", $keybutton)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right of course! I have updated the file to v1.1 with these changes. Give it a try. Have attached the file to the first post. Edited by Stumpii

you got a typo on line 86

GUICtrhlSetData(-1,$Title)

should be GUICtrlSetData(-1,$Title)

other then that it seems to be working nicely :evil:

I can't really try it untill I get home since I don't have WoW at work :)

you got a typo on line 86

GUICtrhlSetData(-1,$Title)

should be GUICtrlSetData(-1,$Title)

other then that it seems to be working nicely :evil:

I can't really try it untill I get home since I don't have WoW at work  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what you get when you put in a deliberate mistake to check that the syntax checker works, then forget to take it out!

v1.2 posted with the fix.

Guest Ziggyke

great improvement to get AT back to work

the only sad thing about this script is that i can't chat in game and walk at the same time :)

the only sad thing about this script is that i can't chat in game and walk at the same time  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, this sounds like the best addon ever invented, so can anybody walk me through it step by step so i can get it. i dont understand what i'm supposed to do with stumpii's code. help please. :) Edited by rampagerolph

Okay, this sounds like the best addon ever invented, so can anybody walk me through it step by step so i can get it. i dont understand what i'm supposed to do with stumpii's code. help please. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first you have to download AutiIT v3 from the AutoIT website.

once that is installed, take the download on this thread, and use AutiITs compiler to make it into an .exe file.

then you run that newly made .exe and have all u need.

once its running its simple. u assign the "Mash" key in wow to the autotravel "move!" key. then press the "pause/resume" key ingame at anytime to start the mashing of the assigend key. once u have reached ur destination in WoW using AT, u use the "pause/resume" key again to stop the mashing.

Btw, i can chat ingame while using this script. i cant use shift to capitlise letters tho. but can live without that.

Jiggs

first you have to download AutiIT v3 from the AutoIT website.

once that is installed, take the download on this thread, and use AutiITs compiler to make it into an .exe file.

then you run that newly made .exe and have all u need.

once its running its simple. u assign the "Mash" key in wow to the autotravel "move!" key. then press the "pause/resume" key ingame at anytime to start the mashing of the assigend key. once u have reached ur destination in WoW using AT, u use the "pause/resume" key again to stop the mashing.

Btw, i can chat ingame while using this script. i cant use shift to capitlise letters tho. but can live without that.

Jiggs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ty for the info, but autit compresser is asking me for a source and destination. what do i put here? ty again

Guest Ziggyke

Okay, this sounds like the best addon ever invented, so can anybody walk me through it step by step so i can get it. i dont understand what i'm supposed to do with stumpii's code. help please. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thing you have to do is:

1. download the latest AutoIt from AutoIt Site.

2. download the script above on this page and just double click that script and the rest wil the script do.

3. keep enjoying WoW with this great and fantastic add-on

the only sad thing about this script is that i can't chat in game and walk at the same time  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should be able to if you use the UP and DOWN arrow keys as the mash and pause/resume keys.