Download File from IE

Meedyman

Hello all,

First I just want to say I am new to the forums, first time poster. I've been lurking for quite a while.

I've been messing around with autoit for a few weeks now, I'm totally in love with the thing=D

The reason I'm making this post is because I think I've exhausted all other sources. I searched really hard but nothing I've tried seems to work. I believe this is because my problem may be very "unique".

Anyway to the problem at hand.

Basically what I'm trying to do, is write a script that will download a file from a website. To download the file, you simple have to click on a .gif image. When you click the .gif, it asks you to download a file. I basically want to simulate this and automate the process. What makes things even more hairy, is that the file and link change every time you click on the gif.

I've explored many functions like:

_IELinkClickByIndex

_IELinkGetCollection

_IEImgClick

_IEFormImageClick

stuff like that.

I'm really burned out LMFAO! I want to learn and understand it all but it's a very hard and long process. I understand that and would really appreciated any and all help that is received from you guys.

Thank you again for the help I'm very eager to learn=D

Have a good one!

You've already hit one of the functions you could use for this. Explore more of the IEForm functions too. The IEImgClick and probably one or more of the IEForm functions will do this. You'll receive some very helpful replies here if you show some code you've written, that you 'need some help with'. Just don't ask for code :) I don't know if you need this little tidbit of info I wish to share, sorry if I'm just wasting your time..: Find the functions that'll do what you want (just about every function in the help file has a working example with it), come up with some code that does what you need to do manually every time to get this done (to 'unite' the functions), and request for help here if you have troubles! I've learned tons of helpful things here, mostly by reading other posts, but you get my point?

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your project.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Hello and welcome,

If you can also provide the web page URL or if you can not share that the source, or relevant part of the source, that will also help us to help you.

Because a lot of (read: most) websites use Javascript in some way, chances are the _IE functions will not work as expected.

You've already hit one of the functions you could use for this. Explore more of the IEForm functions too. The IEImgClick and probably one or more of the IEForm functions will do this. You'll receive some very helpful replies here if you show some code you've written, that you 'need some help with'. Just don't ask for code :) I don't know if you need this little tidbit of info I wish to share, sorry if I'm just wasting your time..: Find the functions that'll do what you want (just about every function in the help file has a working example with it), come up with some code that does what you need to do manually every time to get this done (to 'unite' the functions), and request for help here if you have troubles! I've learned tons of helpful things here, mostly by reading other posts, but you get my point?

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your project.

Thanks for posting=D

Well I did what you said and messed around with some of those functions.

I don't think its a form because when I give it the command _IEFormGetCollection it says theres no Forms.

I tried _IEImgClick:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("website here.com", 0, 1)

_IEImgClick ($oIE, "down", "name")

What I want to click is something called down.gif.

That doesn't seem to work either.

Like I said I tried all these extensively before posting here. I'm starting to think its because of what Robjong said.

Something seems to be messing something up xD

Thank you for the posts guys, I'll keep exploring hopefully someone will have some insight=D