.a3x?

I understand that from now on, there is another "form" of autoit scripts..these being archives..so that file size be cut down by having ONE script with ONE interpretor instead of MANY scripts, each one with it's interpreter hardcoded in the exe..

What did I get right/wrong..and more importantly..HOW DO I USE .a3x's???How do I "build" one?Is it good enough just to rename a .au3 to .a3x?

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

I understand that from now on, there is another "form" of autoit scripts..these being archives..so that file size be cut down by having ONE script with ONE interpretor instead of MANY scripts, each one with it's interpreter hardcoded in the exe..

What did I get right/wrong..and more importantly..HOW DO I USE .a3x's???How do I "build" one?Is it good enough just to rename a .au3 to .a3x?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look at the note of the compile section.

mainly compile with aut2exe choosing .a3x as output.

After click on the the .a3x or run Autoit3.exe script.a3x :)

• Developers

That reminds me, will there be a decompiler for the a3x...or is it only one way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you try ? ... how knows .. it might work already ... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

All of the decomps that I have on this system only allow for .exe's for input files...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just try to specify the a3x...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So if a3x files are more secure--and I still want a stand-alone EXE--then I should consider the following? :)

This would be compiled into an EXE, of coure:

FileInstall("myEncryptedScript.a3x", @TempDir & "\foo.a3x", 1)
FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe", @TempDir & "\AutoIt3.exe", 1)

FileChangeDir(@TempDir)
Run("AutoIt3.exe foo.a3x")
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Developers

So if a3x files are more secure--and I still want a stand-alone EXE--then I should consider the following? :)

FileInstall("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe", @TempDir & "\AutoIt3.exe", 1)

FileChangeDir(@TempDir)
Run("AutoIt3.exe foo.a3x")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are the same except for the runtime code. The exe2aut works fine on the a3x files ...(at least the the few i tested.... ) just type in the whole filename.... :evil:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

yeah! And don't forget to delete the files after the script has finished. We don't want to leave any traces, do we?? :)

FileChangeDir(@TempDir)
RunWait("AutoIt3.exe foo.a3x")
FileDelete("AutoIt3.exe")
FileDelete("foo.a3x")

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *