How to get Tittle and Text of an actieve window?

Orao

How can i tell the script to write down just the first 2 words of the $text (not the whole text, because sometimes its very long)?:

I would like to make a script that will automatically get Tittle and Text of an active Window, the same way that the au3recorder.exe does, cause the au3Recorder.exe is sometimes not working correctly.

so i have tried the following script:

Local $title = WinGetTitle("[active]", "")

Local $text = WinGetText("[active]", "")
Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\scite.exe")
sleep(2000)

SEND ( $title, $text)

But how can i tell the script to write down just the first 2 words of the $text (not the whole text, because sometimes its very long)?

Try your luck with StrinFunctions, StringSplit or Regex functions. Should not be very hard to do.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

But how can i tell the script to write down just the first 2 words of the $text (not the whole text, because sometimes its very long)?

The StringSplit() function can be used, like this,

$sText = "This is not too a long line of text"
$aText = StringSplit($sText, ' ')
ConsoleWrite($aText[1] & " " & $aText[2] & @LF)

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thanks, but i still didnt manage:

Is there a way how i can Get text from active window, but just line by line, because when i do it with

WinGetText("[active]", "")

Then i get all the text lines together, and there is no space between the lines:

for example:

Installation

Continue

exit

are 3 lines, but when i use "WinGetText" , i sometimes get the result like this:

InstallationContinueExit

And i also cannot split it with "SplitString", cause there is no space between words.

Thanks for help

Edited by Orao

Can you post a screenshot of the window?

When I try WinGetText I get all spaces and @CRLF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

My code is following:

sleep(3000)
Local $title = WinGetTitle("[active]", "")

Local $text = WinGetText("[active]" , "" )

Run("C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEscite.exe")
sleep(2000)
send($text)

When i try to write the text to Scite then it puts all the text into same line, without spaces.post-64065-0-56628700-1329572419_thumb.p

When i try to write the same text to a notepad editor, then it works fine : post-64065-0-97256600-1329572428_thumb.p

Is there a way how i can write this text to Scite, but line by line, and can i choose to write just the first line (cause otherwise its too much text)??

thanks

Edited by Orao

Is this a real life problem you need to solve or do you just play around and see how things work?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What i am trying to do is a script which will automatically get Title, Text and Mouse position of an active Window, each time when i launch it.

So i don't have to copy line by line from "Autoit Window info" , and put the code manually which takes a long time.

The same thing i could do with "au3recorder.exe", but as i said, "au3recorder.exe" sometimes doesn't work correctly (sometimes it just skips a certain window, and just collects the mouseclick position- without the: "_WinWaitActivate("Windows Tittle", "Window text")).