WoW Script, Modified

Cpc197c

Here is a MODIFIED version of Stumpii's WoW Script. I give all credit to Stumpii for this idea and finding the code.

Changes are:

Added GUI at start-up so user can define toggle and the button to mash

Added randomization of the intervals at which the 'mash' button is pressed, between .5 and .7 seconds.

WoW_AT.au3

Edited by Cpc197c

Here is a MODIFIED version of Stumpii's WoW Script.  I give all credit to Stumpii for this idea and finding the code. 

Changes are:

Added GUI at start-up so user can define toggle and the button to mash

Added randomization of the intervals at which the 'mash' button is pressed, between .5 and .7 seconds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good job. You saved me having to do all that!

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

is it just me, or is 500, 700 far too slow? i changed it to 20, 30. works now. at 500, 700, it was very zig-zag. didnt stop/turn often enough.

maybe you should incorrporate that change?

thanks very much for making it :)

never used AutoIT before. thanks to blizzard im now forced to in a way.

i compiled it to .exe. that means, if i keep changing the name of that .exe, i should be quite safe?

thanks

EDIT: also, how do i change the trigger button to be * on the numpad.

by putting * in the box it doesnt work. do i need to put in its name? if so, whats * in text?

thanks

Edited by Jiggs

is it just me, or is 500, 700 far too slow? i changed it to 20, 30. works now. at 500, 700, it was very zig-zag. didnt stop/turn often enough.

maybe you should incorrporate that change?

thanks very much for making it :)

never used AutoIT before. thanks to blizzard im now forced to in a way.

i compiled it to .exe. that means, if i keep changing the name of that .exe, i should be quite safe?

thanks

EDIT: also, how do i change the trigger button to be * on the numpad.

by putting * in the box it doesnt work. do i need to put in its name? if so, whats * in text?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Send string for the numpad * is {NUMPADMULT}, so in the box in the form you need to just put NUMPADMULT as the script adds {} automatically.

Also glad that you have found AutoIt! If nothing else, you have found a really useful script language that can be useful in other ways.

Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

The Send string for the numpad * is {NUMPADMULT}, so in the box in the form you need to just put NUMPADMULT as the script adds {} automatically.

Also glad that you have found AutoIt! If nothing else, you have found a really useful script language that can be useful in other ways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great, that works, thanks.

noticed one other thing. quite annoying. i cant double click in windows. cant open folders unless i right click and open, or use enter.

why is this? its only while the script is running.

any way of fixing that? or that just an AutoIt thing?

thanks

great, that works, thanks.

noticed one other thing. quite annoying. i cant double click in windows. cant open folders unless i right click  and open, or use enter.

why is this? its only while the script is running.

any way of fixing that? or that just an AutoIt thing?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try slowing the send time delay time back down to 500-700. It maybe that the program is sending keys between the two mouse clicks of a double click and that is what is preventing them from being detected.

Try slowing the send time delay time back down to 500-700. It maybe that the program is sending keys between the two mouse clicks of a double click and that is what is preventing them from being detected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, ok. well at 500-700, it doesnt work for me. i keep walking off the path. and take far too long to reach the destination, if ever, due to zig-zaggin so much. is that just for me?

does it work at half a second for you guys?

I have to say that I cannot use it because of a bug in AutoTravel that only seems to affect some people, so I cannot comment on how it works in the game. Maybe its an unfortunate side effect that you really must have WoW in focus for it to work correctly.

Did some small changes.. mostly cosmetic, but for all that don't know all the keynames AutoIt use I thought a dropdown with the regular one'w would help.

Then I made it so the user can set their own "sleep time" and title name of WoW (don't know if this is usefull at all but maybe other languages have use for it...) in the gui.

Made small change to the random part too... the change is that here it uses random from time to time*2, maybe thats too much random if you use high values but I think it should be fine.

Haven't had the chanse to test this, so I hope I didn't make any mistakes, but I'll look at it once I get home.

*edit*

Seems like the code tags don't work so good so I'll add a file with the code instead...

WoW_AT.au3

Edited by h8no1

I have tried to encapsulate the changes that have been made by everyone into a single version and I have posted it on the original thread (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13749). I just modified the very first post so that there is no need to go to the bottom to find it.

Guest dspeed

Is there any way to modify the script so we can assign the key(s) it's sending? Some folks already have the down-arrow mapped to other uses.

Edit: nevermind! Once I posted, I saw Stumpii's post about his updated script, which is excatly what I needed!

Edited by dspeed