Help with Edit Box

ev77

This newbie needs help with an editable drop-down list. The drop-down contains a list of dates. I need to select the last date in the list. The number of entries in the list will vary.

I have tried :

ControlSetText ("Points by Clubber options","", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "9/7/2011")

and the new data (9/7/2011) does replace the date showing in the control - BUT - the new date is not actually used - it has no effect. (This wouldn’t really a good solution anyway as it requires me to know the last date in the list)

I have also tried CommandControl EditPaste but that creates the string “9/7/20112/8/2012" because 2/8/2012 was the date showing before the EditPaste

I have tried some of the other commands without success.

How can I set this control to the last date in the list?

Many thanks for any help.

Thanks - I'll try that - but as I said, I'm a newbie

What is the wrapper and what do all the parameters do - can you point me to documentation?

I also notice that you are saying calss ComboBox, but AutoIt Window Info says it is an Edit.

Will this work for an edit?

Thanks.

What is the wrapper and what do all the parameters do - can you point me to documentation?

The like to the documentation of the AutoIt Wrapper.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/AutoIt3Wrapper.htm

I also notice that you are saying calss ComboBox, but AutoIt Window Info says it is an Edit.

Will this work for an edit?

Don't worry about that its just embedded into the ComboBox.

WOW - Thanks for all of the help. I understood each line the first code you sent, it just didn't work because I was pointing AutoIt Window Info to the edit box rather than the arrow. It is indeed a ComboBox, Instance 2. When I use the exact code you provided except changing the instance to 2 it works great. Thanks so much.

I'm glad I needed to ask that question because I learned a lot more in the process.

Thanks again.