AutoIt Portable / Get scripting in hard mode with HiEditor!

Skitty

Think you're a bad enough dude to get scripting in "Hard Mode" with a slightly buggy syntax highlighting feature, no function auto completion, no nifty F1 hotkey that takes you to a functions refrence and no error message double clicking that takes you to the error location?

If you fancy the above, then congratulations! this is the portable AutoIt setup for you... If you don't like what you hear, then or option would be a better one for you. But if you feel the need to test your skill, ability and ingenuity and all while throwing the minor syntax highlighting bugs to the wind, then read on ahead!

Posted Image

Features Include

• Compile
  • Build
  • Run/go
  • Tidy Program
  • Au3Check
  • Au3Info
  • Koda
  • CodeWizard
  • Customized AutoIt3Wrapper*
  • No function Auto Completion
  • Random buggy syntax highlighting

Posted Image

The HiEditor application was created in ASM and is about 103kb in size and is designed for programming in assembly code.

I've created the syntax highlighting section for the AutoIt scripting language that will only highlight native functions for now.

One problem persists though, I cannot figure out a way to disable the "" character from acting as an escape character in strings which effects only the syntax highlighting as I mentioned above.

Here is an example of this bug caught in action.

Posted Image

This editor does not have a console box area like SciTE, rendering you with no built in debugging features, so this is the part where I talk about the custom AutoIt3Wrapper.

I've made a few modifications to the AutoIt3Wrapper script that will make life a little easier in portable mode (for this setup), every time you run a script, a pseudo console box will appear with a 1337 skiddy haxxor look showing you everything you would have seen in SciTE, but unlike in SciTE, you cannot interact with it. there is no jumping to errors on double clicks, there is no console functionality (I.E., running commands) and no pretty colors.

Posted Image

The AutoIt3Wrapper I've modified is suited for this setup and should allow the setup to run from any directory location free from any registry keys. No files should be created, modified or stored anywhere outside the setup.

Might not work on 64bit operating systems, I have not tested it on one yet so I wouldn't know...

Download.html - 93 Previous Downloads

Feb 19 2012 - Fixed some inconvenient things I did in the autoit3wrapper.

Mar 23 2012 - Fixed some minor bugs I did with the autoit3wrapper and added highlighting for UDF includes that come with the autoit installation, also discovered that some files in some occasions were being created out of the portable installation into the temp directory, fixed that by creating a temp directory for this installation.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

• 3 weeks later...
Challenge Accepted. I've been needing something like this to help me remember the functions better while still having Compiling and such. Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

• Moderators

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Do you have Jon's permission to use the AutoIt logo as the main logo on your web page? At the moment that page very much gives the impression that your app is an official AutoIt product. If I were you I would either get clearance from Jon or change the logo PDQ. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I'm working on a similar program. I guess though you could say it's very loosely similar. This looks alright though. I hope you don't mind me downloading it to take a look at how you went about doing you one?

Nope, that's why it's posted here :bye:

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Do you have Jon's permission to use the AutoIt logo as the main logo on your web page? At the moment that page very much gives the impression that your app is an official AutoIt product. If I were you I would either get clearance from Jon or change the logo PDQ. :oops:

M23

Removed, when I was making it I never really had the intention of keeping the site up, it was actually just a project site for experimentation with web code etc after KaFu showed me about Uniserver, and after a while, I decided I liked it so much I wanted to keep it, but now that you point that out, I guess you're right. Since I never actually took the site down I guess I should remove those things.

Ps, also removed from the download.html

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

• Moderators

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Thanks. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Also, does anyone know of a good monospace font (fixed width) that I can use in the console window?

This way when errors occur, the little line that points to the errors will point to the right location?

Func _Relocatable($Image)v
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

• Moderators

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Have you looked at Consolas? MS designed it as the replacement for Courier New. I think Jon was involved somewhere along the line - he pushes it at every opportunity! :oops:

M23

Spoiler

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Have you looked at Consolas? MS designed it as the replacement for Courier New. I think Jon was involved somewhere along the line - he pushes it at every opportunity! :oops:

M23

Thanks for the info, the new version now uses the specified font.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the download, fixed a bug I created in autoit3wrapper where the error window was unresponsive or closed the console with it.

Also added highlighting for UDF functions that come with the autoit installation (I.E., _ArrayDisplay - _WinAPI_ etc...) and discovered that files were on occasion being created in the system temp directory by autoit3wrapper, fixed that by creating its own temp directory .

Edited by ApudAngelorum