[help]Instalator

r0llik

I created installer, but i have a problem.

It must install files to sys folder but if i use #requireadmin its asking for each file(so much clicks to ok button, cause over 1000 files to instal). If i dont use #requireadmin its does nothing.

So, please help me install files without #requireadmin.

P.S. Acce[t my apologises for my english.

• Moderators

r0llik,

Over 1000 files to install?! ;)

Please post the code you are using so we can see what the problem might be. :)

M23

P.S. When you post your code please use Code tags - put [autoit] before and [/autoit] after your posted code.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

the code isn't importaint so problem is : Instaletion to sysfolder/winfolder without #require admin.

P.S. script checking sys/win files and fixing them, so it checking each file & its need uac aprovement for ech check.

Edited by r0llik

• Moderators

r0llik,

A belated welcome to the AutoIt forum. ;)

If you use #requireadmin correctly, you should only get one UAC popup at the start of the script. If you are getting so many then you are possibly not using it correctly - but if you do not want to show us the code, that is all the help I can offer. ;)

Once the script is elevated you should be able to write to those folders without further problem. Is it UAC that is causing the pop-ups you need to click? Do you have some other software running that might be preventing you from writing to those folders? A HIPS app, perhaps? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Can you get the control id, or coord offset of UAC dialog window, and click ok with another script? Might not be the best solution but at least you can go do other things while the computer completes it's tasks. I don't know your OS version, or if this can be automated, but it should work. I don't know how to recreate your situation with XP at the moment.

• Moderators

Xandy,

UAC windows cannot be automated - as it would rather defeat the very object of UAC if they could. :)

M23

Spoiler

Thank you, that does make sense. Does that mean the mouse can not be automated during a UAC check, that Autoit halts, maybe the dialog appears in random spots and I can't request the position of the window. Sorry, just wondering about things I do not yet understand.

regards next post:

Awesome thank you Melba23. I thought I was overlooking something, now I know what it is.

Edited by Xandy

• Moderators

Xandy,

The UAC dialog opens a completely new "Secure Desktop" and suspends (and dims) the normal desktop - hence the inability to interact with it by any processes running beforehand. As I said, it would defeat the whole purpose of UAC if you could automate it that easily. ;)

#requireadmin elevates the whole script via one UAC call and should therefore allow you to write to the protected folders with which the OP is having difficulty. That is why I asked to see the code and also suggested that it might not be UAC that is causing the problem. :)

M23

Spoiler