How to set clipboard data in URL_FORMAT

akalie

good daytime, everyone!

how to paste a string from clipboard as a hyperlink? (I have a lot of work in Excel with files).

I tried "clipboard.au3" but I didn't find URL format in it

Thanks!

ps sorry my English

Edited by akalie

Sorry my English))

Since excel has his own clipboard i dont know what is used originally, but

it seems like a link in html format is being inserted right in excel.

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

wow i must have read that text from you over 10 times and im still not sure what your problem is.

But just in case you copy the link from the adress bar: This is not html format, its plain text. Therefore in excel it will paste plain text ,too.

You have to convert the link to the format:

<HTML><A HREF="C:FolderFile.txt">Link text</A></HTML>
Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

I just try to paste exactly that "<HTML><A HREF="C:svf_info.txt">Link text</A></HTML>" in a cell, and the same string displayed. Not a link (i tried with exsisting files)

sorry for "read that text from you over 10 times")), i'm not really good in english. what I need is script like this:

you select the file(it might be on a fileserver)

hotkey #1

open Excel, select cell

hotkey #2

profit!!!!1!1! (hyperlink to a file in the cell)

Sorry my English))

i made some lame replacment on a hotkeys (ctrl-k for hyperlinks in excel), but the simple $path = clipget() didn't work with files from local web, so in that case i haven't file adress. I sow something about different fields in clipboard entry, will try to dig where

Sorry my English))

I just try to paste exactly that "<HTML><A HREF="C:svf_info.txt">Link text</A></HTML>"

Yeah it seems that if you copy the code from the website, its converted into "html text" which excel recognises as text and not html code.

Try open notepad and paste the code from the website there, then select and copy the code in notepad again and excel makes a link out of it :)

codewise you can use ClipPut:

Local $bak = ClipGet()
MsgBox(0, "Clipboard contains:", $bak)
ClipPut("<HTML><A HREF='"&$bak&"'>Link text</A></HTML>")
MsgBox(0, "Convert into HTML Link:", ClipGet())
Edited by qsek