<<PassWord>>

Hybrid

Ok, well it isn't going to be easy, but the only way I can see you setting it up is like this:

• Your AutoIT Application runs the shell execute function to start the primary browser on the specified web page.
  • When the user clicks the image, it will take them to another webpage where they can input a name and it will give them an key.

• They will then type both their name and the encoded string.
  • The program will run the name against the salt and the same cryptic algorithm and return true or false.
  • If it returns true, then the user is able to proceed.
To do this you will need a web server that you can have running all of the time. You will also need to make a page which will compute the key. You will need to have a basic understanding in atleast 3 web languages, and none of them include AutoIT.

Why you would want to do it like this though, I am unsure. Why can't you just have a download counter?

Edited by Mikeman27294

Hold that thought for a second.

How about this. It will save you from having to make a web server!!! Bear with me.

I have never used the internet explorer functions, but what if you were to embed an internet explorer frame in your program, which presents them with the login page. Once they are logged in, they can go to your page on the forum, and click the like button. Once this is done, the program detects the message for the thanks being sent off, than the program is automatically activated!

Simpler, cheaper, easier, quicker and more productive!!!

Edited by Mikeman27294

How about this. It will save you from having to make a web server!!! Bear with me.

I have never used the internet explorer functions, but what if you were to embed an internet explorer frame in your program, which presents them with the login page. Once they are logged in, they can go to your page on the forum, and click the like button. Once this is done, the program detects the message for the thanks being sent off, than the program is automatically activated!

Thats not a bad idea, but how to capture the Thanks event?

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

yep nice ideea

Sorry to be a buzz kill - but wouldn't it be better just to ask them to thank you? What you are asking is quite (in my opinion), extreme!

If you absolutely must have the thanks, I would do something like this:

$ThankUrl = "http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=15137038&securitytoken=1329827461-dc659583caf43558bc09702a502bdccaad7490b1"

If (RegRead("HKCUSoftwareAppName", "installed") = "" ) Then
    RegWrite("HKCUSoftwareAppName", "installed", "REG_DWORD", "1")
    BinaryToString(InetRead($ThankUrl))
EndIf

Of course it will work as long as there is no security measures involved, which by looking at the URL - there are.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

As long as their session is still active on the forums you can force them to press the Thanks button.. :)

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

I don't.

But since the Thanks button is an image with a href around it, I think we could use _IE functions to navigate to his post, look for the image and click it.

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

So...it's impossible?

I didn't say that.

For me to test the idea I would have need an elite pvp account.

Did you already saw the _IE functions?

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

Here you go, documented and all. Just make sure to read the comment blockat the start of the script and it should work perfectly for you!

#cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;  Please Note:                                                                  ;
;  You must change the values for the following variables:                        ;
;  -  $ForumPage must be changed to the URL of the page on the forum when          ;
;    you make the thread with the thanks box.                                     ;
;  -  $ActivatedPage must be changed to the URL specified in the following        ;
;    explaination:                                                               ;
;    -  When you post the image, it will be converted to an HTML link.           ;
;       Let's assume that the image is located at                                 ;
;       http://website.com/thanks.jpg. When you post the link, the               ;
;       HTML will take the format below.                                           ;
;       <a href=http://website.com/thanks.html src=http://website.com/thanks.jpg>  ;
;       What you want to do is take whatever is after href, which in this case is  ;
;       http://website.com/thanks.html. Note that it will be different on the     ;
;       ElitePVPers forums. Once you have this, place it as the value for         ;
;       $ActivatedPage and check to see if it works. If not, the forum can       ;
;       definately help. (Just say you need the link for an image, most people can ;
;       do that for you.
;  Best of luck with this script. If it doesn't work, then please let somebody know.;
#ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <IE.au3>
If RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USERHybridElitePVPersScript", "Activation") = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","The program has already been activated.")
    _Main()
ElseIf _ActivateProgram() = True Then
    MsgBox(0,"","You may now use the software.") ;Notify the user that they may now use the software
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USERHybridElitePVPersScript", "Activation", "REG_BINARY", 1)
    _Main()
Else
    MsgBox(0,"","You must thank the software author in order to use this software.") ;Notify that the user must thank the software author in order to use the software
EndIf
Func _ActivateProgram()
    Local $ForumPage = "http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/mmo-news-en/1701454-mobile-corner.html" ;The page where your thanks button is
    Local $ActivatedPage = "www.google.com" ;The page that the user will be on when the button is clicked
    Local $IEEmbedded = _IECreateEmbedded() ;Creates a handle for an embedded Internet Explorer Object
    GUICreate("Activation", @DesktopWidth*0.9, @DesktopHeight*0.85) ;Creates a GUI for the embedded IE Object
    GUICtrlCreateObj($IEEmbedded, 0, 0, @DesktopWidth*0.9, @DesktopHeight*0.85) ;Creates the IE Object from the given handle
    _IENavigate($IEEmbedded, $ForumPage, 0) ;Takes the user to the URL specified in $ForumPage
    GUISetState() ;Sets the GUI to shown
    While 1
        If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then ;If the exit button is clicked
            Return False ;Returns false to the calling function
        EndIf
        If StringInStr($ActivatedPage, _IEPropertyGet($IEEmbedded,"locationurl")) Then ;If the user is on the activated page
            Return True ;Return true to the calling function
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _Main()
    MsgBox(0,"","Now this part is up to you. Good luck ;)")
    Exit
EndFunc

Isn't this starting to get into the realm of click-fraud?

With the script I just posted, they must voluntarily click the image. I wouldn't call it fraud. They should be glad he isn't a large corporation. We could call that wallet fraud :). I see where you are coming from though. I would only call it fraud if the script automatically clicked for them. I could have done that had I know what the image's object ID would be in the HTML but I don't.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Isn't this starting to get into the realm of click-fraud?

That's why I didn't post or create anything.

Here you go, documented and all. Just make sure to read the comment blockat the start of the script and it should work perfectly for you!

#cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;  Please Note:                                                                  ;
;  You must change the values for the following variables:                        ;
;  -  $ForumPage must be changed to the URL of the page on the forum when          ;
;    you make the thread with the thanks box.                                     ;
;  -  $ActivatedPage must be changed to the URL specified in the following        ;
;    explaination:                                                               ;
;    -  When you post the image, it will be converted to an HTML link.           ;
;       Let's assume that the image is located at                                 ;
;       http://website.com/thanks.jpg. When you post the link, the               ;
;       HTML will take the format below.                                           ;
;       <a href=http://website.com/thanks.html src=http://website.com/thanks.jpg>  ;
;       What you want to do is take whatever is after href, which in this case is  ;
;       http://website.com/thanks.html. Note that it will be different on the     ;
;       ElitePVPers forums. Once you have this, place it as the value for         ;
;       $ActivatedPage and check to see if it works. If not, the forum can       ;
;       definately help. (Just say you need the link for an image, most people can ;
;       do that for you.
;  Best of luck with this script. If it doesn't work, then please let somebody know.;
#ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <IE.au3>
If RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USERHybridElitePVPersScript", "Activation") = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","The program has already been activated.")
    _Main()
ElseIf _ActivateProgram() = True Then
    MsgBox(0,"","You may now use the software.") ;Notify the user that they may now use the software
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USERHybridElitePVPersScript", "Activation", "REG_BINARY", 1)
    _Main()
Else
    MsgBox(0,"","You must thank the software author in order to use this software.") ;Notify that the user must thank the software author in order to use the software
EndIf
Func _ActivateProgram()
    Local $ForumPage = "http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/mmo-news-en/1701454-mobile-corner.html" ;The page where your thanks button is
    Local $ActivatedPage = "www.google.com" ;The page that the user will be on when the button is clicked
    Local $IEEmbedded = _IECreateEmbedded() ;Creates a handle for an embedded Internet Explorer Object
    GUICreate("Activation", @DesktopWidth*0.9, @DesktopHeight*0.85) ;Creates a GUI for the embedded IE Object
    GUICtrlCreateObj($IEEmbedded, 0, 0, @DesktopWidth*0.9, @DesktopHeight*0.85) ;Creates the IE Object from the given handle
    _IENavigate($IEEmbedded, $ForumPage, 0) ;Takes the user to the URL specified in $ForumPage
    GUISetState() ;Sets the GUI to shown
    While 1
        If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then ;If the exit button is clicked
            Return False ;Returns false to the calling function
        EndIf
        If StringInStr($ActivatedPage, _IEPropertyGet($IEEmbedded,"locationurl")) Then ;If the user is on the activated page
            Return True ;Return true to the calling function
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _Main()
    MsgBox(0,"","Now this part is up to you. Good luck ;)")
    Exit
EndFunc

With the script I just posted, they must voluntarily click the image. I wouldn't call it fraud. They should be glad he isn't a large corporation. We could call that wallet fraud ;). I see where you are coming from though. I would only call it fraud if the script automatically clicked for them. I could have done that had I know what the image's object ID would be in the HTML but I don't.

Niceee. :)

Minesweeper

_Mouse_UDF

2D Hitbox Editor

You arent very creative

No, I just think this whole idea of forcing people to "thank you" for software before they get to use it is dumb.

more than 2k Views and only 30 Thanks (The like my Software but they dont press Thanks)

How do you know they liked your software? Did you ever think maybe only 30 of the 2k actually liked it or found it useful? If you set it up the way your trying to, your not getting real feedback on your software. That is unless you set up a "No Thanks" button.