<<PassWord>>

Hybrid

No, I just think this whole idea of forcing people to "thank you" for software before they get to use it is dumb.

+1

How do you know they liked your software? Did you ever think maybe only 30 of the 2k actually liked it or found it useful? If you set it up the way your trying to, your not getting real feedback on your software. That is unless you set up a "No Thanks" button.

Ive got 53k views on a tutorial i wrote elsewhere and 7k downloads and 400 thx on it

and if i forced thx them i would not have a tenth of that prob

People will find alternatives m8 and your helping them to do that, do you actually think them thanking you makes you better?

Edited by Chimaera

and if i forced thx them i would not have a tenth of that prob

:)

No, I just think this whole idea of forcing people to "thank you" for software before they get to use it is dumb.

How do you know they liked your software? Did you ever think maybe only 30 of the 2k actually liked it or found it useful? If you set it up the way your trying to, your not getting real feedback on your software. That is unless you set up a "No Thanks" button.

cuz they posted on forum? LoL

cuz they posted on forum? LoL

And them taking the time to write out a post isn't a good enough thanks? Ok then.

Your still missing the point about the forced thank you. They're not actually thanking you if it's a requirement to use your software.

MikeMan something is wrong..ill take a better look tomorrow and ill pm ya

It would be better if rather than PMing me, you post it here and I will check back. Just let me know what the script is / is not doing and any changes you made otherwise I can not help you.

I was here because I was bored at work, please don't flame me for helping. :)

They're not flaming as such, they are just expressing their opinions. I don't think though that they realize the person they are dealing with is 12, they need to be just a little lenient. Ok, I don't agree with some of the things that he is doing or saying, for example, rather than a button that says thanks, it might say "I use this". However, as a support community, it is not out job to right other people's wrongs. We are a guiding hand, not a cane. That is the moderators ;) but they are also guiding hands.

Anyway, just everyone please go easy on this guy. He's just joined the forums, he is young and therefore doesn't have the same judgement we do. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help him, of course we should. We just have to be a bit more forgiving.

Edited by Mikeman27294

They're not flaming as such, they are just expressing their opinions. I don't think though that they realize the person they are dealing with is 12, they need to be just a little lenient. Ok, I don't agree with some of the things that he is doing or saying, for example, rather than a button that says thanks, it might say "I use this". However, as a support community, it is not out job to right other people's wrongs. We are a guiding hand, not a cane. That is the moderators :) but they are also guiding hands.

Anyway, just everyone please go easy on this guy. He's just joined the forums, he is young and therefore doesn't have the same judgement we do. That doesn't mean we shouldn't help him, of course we should. We just have to be a bit more forgiving.

It has been a long time ago I last scripted something in AutoIt.

I actually found this a bit of a little challenge. ;)

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

It has been a long time ago I last scripted something in AutoIt.

I actually found this a bit of a little challenge. :)

Yes, once you stop doing something, it's always a challenge to start doing it again. I used to play trumpet. I probably couldn't play much more than mary had a little lamb these days.

And them taking the time to write out a post isn't a good enough thanks? Ok then.

Your still missing the point about the forced thank you. They're not actually thanking you if it's a requirement to use your software.

well did i forget to mention : " They Can Remove Their Thanks?" O.O