TG_Tool

toddcbrf2

Hi.

I'm sharing an example of a tool created for repetitive typing tasks. It is a Tray Menu Context Menu hotkey application created for work.

• it is not malicious in any way 
  • I wanted to create a hotkey application that with various hotkeys, ie, Ctrl-Alt-1 or 2,3,4...0 that copies the contents of the 10 template text files to whereever your mouse is, on a different application. To explain more, if I am on a web application and if you hit Ctrl-Alt-1, it will copy the contents of CA1.txt to wherever your mouse is. I have to type repative text into a web application and this saves alot of typing, misspellings and time
  • the tray icon has a menu to allow opening/editing of the template files, hyperlinks, uses ModernMenuRaw by Holger for using of more visually attractive menu, advanced colors and icons
  • I have to give a BIG thank you for the AutoIT Team for the software and other contributors that are excellent mentors to us that are not programmers and sharing their code, this is absolutely invaluable for non-programmers and truly appreciate it
  • THANK YOU HOLGER for the ModernMenuRaw example, very nice for you to share your expertise. Your contribution has helped me learn programming and very much appreciate your willingness to share your skills that allows me to learn from your example.
  • as a result and spirit of this fine group, i'd like to share something that may also be useful to others

Basic Instructions

I'm sure there are things that can improved as I am not a programmer but enjoy to tinker around. I appreciate all of your feedback and thank you again.

• extract the folder
  • this is the source code so you must have AutoIT installed, it is not compiled
  • open a file where you need to type and press the hotkeys - Ctrl-Alt-1 or Ctrl-Alt-2, 3,4...0, this will copy the contents of the text file to whereever you are, ie notepad, NP++, word, web application, etc
  • to access the menu, right click the tray icon. The first menu opens the selected text templates - this is a quick access to edit the files, save them as you normally would
  • the menu has a small links section to show opening of a set URL in the menu
  • for appearance, there is color, icons

v0.3-added comment because noted soft sticky keys

post-61772-0-07628600-1329691601_thumb.j

TG_Tool_v0.3.2.zip

Edited by toddcbrf2

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”― Albert Einstein

How to resolve hotkeys from sticking?

Question for the real software people out there

When using the hotkeys to paste the file contents into a note (or web application for work), every once in a while the hotkeys stick. it's super quick/easy to unstick by hitting ctrl-alt but would like to hear others experiences.

I've tried several different things and have tried resending the ctrl-alt keystroke again to 'unstick' the hotkeys and not seeing much luck,

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”― Albert Einstein

http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_does_the_Ctrl_key_get_stuck_down_after_I_run_my_script.3F

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks Brewman.

I noticed that and it was placed in the hotkey executed functions not much earlier than you post and is in the file.

I also noticed that I had my work version originally in here so I updated it for public use.

Edited by toddcbrf2