Shortcuts

Does anyone have a answer as to why a autoit compiled .exe when clicked on itself will execute immediately but when placed on the desktop as a short cut with a ctrl alt whatever key assigned and is activated with the key sequence it takes ten to fifteen seconds to respond to the command. I have tried several autoit compiled .exe’s on several different machines with all having the same problem. ( All were compiled using scite )

Thank in advance for your time.

Does anyone have a answer as to why a autoit compiled .exe when clicked on itself will execute immediately but when placed on the desktop as a short cut with a ctrl alt whatever key assigned and is activated with the key sequence it takes ten to fifteen seconds to respond to the command. I have tried several autoit compiled .exes on several different machines with all having the same problem. ( All were compiled using scite )

Thank in advance for your time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds like the issue may be with whatever is handling the hotkey... is it a loader or something?

I cannot replicate the problem on WinXP Pro sp2...

Do other desktop hotkey shortcuts (to programs such as notepad and calc) work for you?

;This complied script responds immediately when I assign the shortcut a hotkey...

MsgBox(4096,"test","test")

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Having some recent experience with this, I noticed the following annoying behavior by Windows (XP Pro SP2):

• Launching an (AutoIt Script) shortcut via hotkey for the first time = instant.
  • Trying to launch a second instance via hotkey while the first is running = enormous delay of 15-20 seconds or more.
  • Launch something like Notepad once = instant.
  • Trying to launch something like Notepad while another instance is running (that was launched via the hotkey) = impossible.
It seems like Windows does some annoyingly stupid things with the shortcut hotkeys. I eventually gave up when I realized that I had another programming always running that supported hotkeys so I just bound my script to a hotkey in that program instead of using a shortcut. The limitation of not running or running with an enormous delay (Which hangs explorer) was not acceptable because the design of my script meant that the second instance was responsible for signaling the first instance needed to close.