[Solved] Scite autocomplete does not work

goldenix

Hi

I installed latest autoit & scite version, but if I open already saved script & then type in cw & press space, nothing happens, cw does not even turn red. Was this functionality removed?

If so, please, tell me, what is the latest scite version where it still works & where can i download it.

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Do you type "cw" in lowercase? I once had the problem when typing uppercase letters.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Do you type "cw" in lowercase? I once had the problem when typing uppercase letters.

yes lowercase

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

The version dated 12/29/2011 works fine for me. It's on the AutoIt Script Editor Downloads page.

Thats exactly what i have, hm, weird

edit you man that 1 zip package?

Edited by goldenix

I installed the latest version only yesterday and I don't have that problem. Maybe install again?

If I open abbreviations file in Options menu I get a single line

import au3abbrev

and if I open (again from the Options menu) au3abbrev.properties I get a file which shows the abbreviation for consolewrite as follows

cw=ConsoleWrite(| & @LF)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I installed the latest version only yesterday and I don't have that problem. Maybe install again?

If I open abbreviations file in Options menu I get a single line

import au3abbrev

and if I open (again from the Options menu) au3abbrev.properties I get a file which shows the abbreviation for consolewrite as follows

cw=ConsoleWrite(| & @LF)

I have same thing,

@ Mikeman27294

Thank you, i uninstalled scite & then went to autoit folder & tried to delete scite folder but it gave me an error & said cant delete because the wrapper is in use. I gave CTRL+ALT+DEL & it turned out I had 2 wrappers running & autoit exe was also running.

Note that I didnt have any scripts open.

So i ended the processes, deleted all scite folder contents & then Unzipped the scite zip folder I dl from the site into the scite folder & tried to run my script.

It works now.

But there are still 2 problems.

1) all au3 files look like txt files (the icon is the one of the txt files icon)

2) If I right click, then new-> I do not see create new autoit file.

Edited by goldenix