DriveMapAdd (DFS) - Not accepting user/pass

Hi folks.

The following works fine:

#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
$res=DriveMapAdd("X:", "\\server\path",0)
msgbox(0,@error,$res)
$networkFileList=_FileListToArray("x:","*",1)
If @Error=4 Then
    MsgBox (0,"","No Files Found.")
    Exit
EndIf
_ArrayDisplay($networkFileList,"$FileList")

However, if I change the Map code to say:

$res=DriveMapAdd("X:", "\\server\path",0,"domain\user","password")

It fails with @error 1 - "Undefined / Other error".

In the first scenario, I am logged into the domain as myself.

This is true for the second, but I just add my user/pass to the command (it would actually be another user/pass being used, but if I can't even get my own to work, how will I get other credentials working...).

The server is actually a clustered DFS... but my account still has access to it (as proven by the first scenario).

Is there any reason why this would happen? I know that if I point the second scenario to my own machine (\\127.0.0.1\c$\temp) it maps fine, so is this an issue with the function and DFS (using kerberos)?

Any way around this that anyone knows of?

Edited by MrBeatnik

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my posts. I like learning from my mistakes too.

What is returned by @extended with @error = 1? This is the Windows API return code. This can help track down the issue.

Adam

Good call, which gives me a slight /facepalm:

ERROR_SESSION_CREDENTIAL_CONFLICT 1219 (0x4C3) Althought I find this strange... it maps scenario 1, but not 2 - but surely it's using the same credentials in both cases. Yes, I do have a mapping to another share on the same DFS... but that doesn't really explain why it works with one method, but not the other. In any case, I have altered the share to point to another DFS path and it maps ok..., so it's not a DFS issue. Thanks for pointing that out! Kudos!

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my posts. I like learning from my mistakes too.