Clicking on a certain text...

blazeinc

Hey everyone,

I'm new to autoit, actually i'm new to scripting ingeneral. I figured i start by creating a simple script that would get the mouse to find a certain text then click on text and repeat this process every 6 sec's. the text is not always in the same place so i would need it to find the text first then go and click on it.. Any suggestion on how or where i should begin? I would be greatly apreciate it...

Edited by blazeinc

• Moderators

Hi, Blazeinc, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, we need a bit more in order to assist you properly. You state that you want your mouse to "find" a certain text and the click on it. Can you expand on how this text appears (It is text inside a document, text on a webpage, text in a pop-up message box) ? A screenshot of the text will also help us immensely. :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Posted Image the text that i want it to click is " Start Research! ". the next is on a webpage... it moves positions that why i havent just tryed an auto clicker ... So figured i can get it to find the text and click on it... not sure if it's even possible... Edited by blazeinc

• Moderators

Hi, blazeinc. As this is a gaming website, please drop by our Forum Rules below. Game automation of any sort is highly frowned upon in this forum.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum-9/announcement-13-forum-rules/

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!