Mentor request

I dont know if this is the right section for this but its the best I can figure so. I am currently enrolled in high school at San Diegos High Tech High and as a senior we are required to produce something tangible to prove that we have expanded as students and that we are able to work as a team with others. I am developing some software with AutoItX to allow the IT department of my school to do anything they needed to do remotely. However, one of the requirements of the project is that we have to have an offsite mentor who can help guide us and provide us with technical support for our project. Seeing how a big part of the project is AutoItX, I felt that having a mentor from one of the AutoIt developers/supports would be a perfect match. My project includes: winsock, multithreading, client/server, and AutoItX in C. It would have to be with someone who helps develop and/or maintain the AutoIt or AutoItX code. I have emailed the support email twice now with no response so I decided to bring it to the forums to get a response. If anyone is interested please email at mdresser at hightechhigh dot com

• Administrators

I don’t know if this is the right section for this but it’s the best I can figure so. I am currently enrolled in high school at San Diego’s High Tech High and as a senior we are required to produce something tangible to prove that we have expanded as students and that we are able to work as a team with others. I am developing some software with AutoItX to allow the IT department of my school to do anything they needed to do remotely. However, one of the requirements of the project is that we have to have an offsite mentor who can help guide us and provide us with technical support for our project. Seeing how a big part of the project is AutoItX, I felt that having a mentor from one of the AutoIt developers/supports would be a perfect match. My project includes: winsock, multithreading, client/server, and AutoItX in C. It would have to be with someone who helps develop and/or maintain the AutoIt or AutoItX code. I have emailed the support email twice now with no response so I decided to bring it to the forums to get a response. If anyone is interested please email at mdresser at hightechhigh dot com

Sorry, the support email address is mine. I've not seen any email but I do have brutal spam filters...sorry!

Contrary to how it may seem, we are mostly "hobby" programmers with radically different day jobs :) But PM me directly with any requests and I'll see if anyone can help.

Jon.

I would love to help, but right now my C++ expertise are at a beginner state. I hope you do find someone that can devote some time.

@Jon

Yea I know how those spam filters are :)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Contrary to what many book authors would like to think, I don't think you can be taught design until after you've already learned design. What I mean is, it all has to click for you individually how the design process works before you can be taught how to design in a certain manner. The ability to design well is innate talent and common sense more than it is any other factors.

Implementation is the technical aspect of coding, it can be taught but thats only by learning how to use the features of the language. There is no hard and fast set of rules that say, "You have problem aaa implement a solution as bbb." Implementation can be learned by reading books and code and focusing on understanding the code.

Performance is irrelevant for learning. Unless you're writing something that brings the OS to a stop, writing something that works first is more important than trying to tweak every ounce of speed out of it.