How can I change IP Address?

AAaahhh.... I know why when you go to whatismyip.org it shows that. HttpSetPproxy doesn't change your computer's I.P. HttpSetProxy sets the proxy address for the autoIT application you are running, rather than your computer itself. If you want to set you computer up to use a proxy, then take a look at the appropreate pages for the scecified browser below:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Google Chome (Chromium)

You may be able to configure these settings with autoit, but it is the browser settings you should change.

AAaahhh.... I know why when you go to whatismyip.org it shows that. HttpSetPproxy doesn't change your computer's I.P. HttpSetProxy sets the proxy address for the autoIT application you are running, rather than your computer itself. If you want to set you computer up to use a proxy, then take a look at the appropreate pages for the scecified browser below:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Google Chome (Chromium)

You may be able to configure these settings with autoit, but it is the browser settings you should change.

So even if I open up internet explorer via autoit. the ip will still stay the same?

That wont do you any good because u need to change your MAC address, which ever device that is directly connected to the modem. If your PC is direct to the modem I have seen in the past, some windows applications where you can change your mac address, however though, your issue will not be fixed until your modem gets reset.

If you are going through a router, some routers allow you to modify your mac address to anything you'd like. But keep in mind again, you still need to reset that modem..

Resetting modems are usually only capable of being done by you, physically unplugging and resetting it. Some modems however do allow you to reset it over the web GUI interface. These are usually modems that are set up at businesses.

So, if you are absolutely lucky and have all the equipment needed, a modem that can be reset over the http GUI, a router that can have the mac address modified to whatever you'd like it to be, then yes you can change your IP address.

Your script would be something like this:

1. open up browser

2. open browser to modem IP address

3. log into modem

4. reset modem

5. open browser to router IP address

6. log into router

7. navigate to router page, generate a random MAC address, update MAC address

8. reboot router

9. log back into modem and reboot modem again "just to be safe"

10. your "public IP address" should be different now

You can spoof your MAC address from the registry, without going through all those steps you posted.

Find your network adaptor in....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}****

...where **** is the number of your adaptor, in my case it's "0011".

In there find the entry called "NetworkAddress" and simply change it to your desired address, if it does not exist, then just create it, and use this format "017D7734A533" (12 hex numbers).

Edited by Werty

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

You can spoof your MAC address from the registry, without going through all those steps you posted.

Find your network adaptor in....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}****

...where **** is the number of your adaptor, in my case it's "0011".

In there find the entry called "NetworkAddress" and simply change it to your desired address, if it does not exist, then just create it, and use this format "017D7734A533" (12 hex numbers).

2 Questions.

1. How can I find out my adapter.

2.What do you mean by change it to my desired address. What are these numbers? 017D7734A533

not wishing to complicate matters, but I know that some ISP's tie your account to your MAC address (MAC filtering) and if you spoof another MAC address you may have to contct them to access the internet

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

Does your modem have a web interface? My router and modem both do. Should I so wish I could use IE.au3 to automate the pages/forms and click a "disconnect/connect" button or a "reboot" button or similar. If your device does not have such a page then you will need a physical solution. A software driven interrupter switch would suffice to kill power to the device. Such things surely exist but they may be something you have to build yourself.

• 1 year later...

Let's say my public IP address is currently

Is it possible to change it to something else without having to restart my modem?

Hi yes it is possible to change your public ip address with restarting your modem ..Just follow the steps given below to change your ip address.They are

1.Go to start--->run--->typr cmd

2.Type ipconfig /release

3.Type ipconfig /renew

This will automatically change your ip address if it is dynamic ip .Else if you have static ip then you must contact your ISP to change it.After changing your ip you can visit Ip-Details.com to check that whether your network ip is changed or not .

Not only do you necro post an old thread, but you give bad advice in your post.

IPCONFIG /release & /renew doesn't affect the public IP address, it only affects your network address. If you have a cabled modem in between you and the internet the modem isn't going to get a new ip address that way. Most of the time unplugging the router/cable modem won't even get you a new IP address unless it's been unplugged for a while. And, if you have a router in between you and the modem, the router won't even see the ipconfig command to tell the modem anything has changed.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator