(RESOLVED) How to find the error by the line number returned from the compiled EXE?

dv8

• Developers

Have you tried to run with these Obfuscator parameters to avoid the issue reported?

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/SF=0 /SV=1 /CV=0 /CF=0 /CS=0 /CN=0
This will strip only the Global Const declarations and should give you the errors.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Yes, I have tried these parameters and the issues are not reported and the script functionality is not broken, BUT the line numbers do not match!

The compiled EXE reports line 33778 and the error line in the obfuscated source is 34223. Quite a big difference. :)

Even after running it through the script i gave yesterday which merges the continuation lines into one line?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Oops, I missed that :) Sorry. My head is spinning already. I've been on this issue for 2 days, 12 hours a day. ;)

EDIT:

OK, that's is a match! 33778 it is!

So what this basically does is it only strips the unused variables and nothing else, right? There is no chance any of these functions that are broken with /CF=1 to make any trouble, right?

Edited by dv8

• Developers

I have made a small change to Obfuscator to also merge the continuation lines into a single line to allow to match the record number and added the following option:

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly

or

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/mo

The output script will contain all includes, stripped from their comment lines and continuationlines merge to replicate what aut2exe does.

See if that works for you to make you less sleep deprived. :)

It is available in the Beta download directory.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Works fine for me - line 21402 in the (deliberately induced) error dialog and line 21402 in the obfuscated file. :)

As ever..Dank je wel. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

OK, I tested it and found a few issues...

1. Eve though I'm using the #Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly option, it still reports the same errors as if I'm using the /SF=1 option. If it is only merging the files, why are these reported? Can they still cause issues?

2. These errors are no longer reported in the console. Instead there is a huge prompt GUI window which stops the process until a button is pressed. ;)

3. In my original source I have a line which is 3982 characters long (it has a long string inside) and compiles normally.

However, the Obfuscator gave me this error for that line: !File contains records longer than 2047 .. stopping process.

So I went and broke this line with the _ character. I compiled it normally and it ran OK.

However, when put through the obfuscator again, obviously it concatenates these broken lines again, but saves the '& ' concatenation characters and the additional quotes that I added when I broke the long string, and the row gets even longer in the obfuscated file (4126 characters). This now causes the Aut2Exe to error with: "ERROR: Unterminated string" because it only takes the first 4094 characters from it...

I hope I explained it clear. :)

It's clear there's no one fix that is going to satisfy every need because there are limits that have to be stuck to. If you have such long lines/strings then you're not going to be able to use /mo, it is impossible. I'd suggest other work arounds $string1 &= $string2 would get around the line length limit by separating the string into smaller pieces that WILL work.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Yeap, I realize that, but this will still be an issue for anyone who do not know about it.

I think for now the best way would be Jos to remove this new option and I'll use the additional script he gave me to concatenate the broken lines in the obfuscated script, after the compilation is complete.

However I'm currently on the "Feature requests" page and reading the rules. :) I plan to add this feature request for Aut2Exe.

• Developers

OK, I tested it and found a few issues...

1. Eve though I'm using the #Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly option, it still reports the same errors as if I'm using the /SF=1 option. If it is only merging the files, why are these reported? Can they still cause issues?

2. These errors are no longer reported in the console. Instead there is a huge prompt GUI window which stops the process until a button is pressed. ;)

3. In my original source I have a line which is 3982 characters long (it has a long string inside) and compiles normally.

However, the Obfuscator gave me this error for that line: !File contains records longer than 2047 .. stopping process.

So I went and broke this line with the _ character. I compiled it normally and it ran OK.

However, when put through the obfuscator again, obviously it concatenates these broken lines again, but saves the '& ' concatenation characters and the additional quotes that I added when I broke the long string, and the row gets even longer in the obfuscated file (4126 characters). This now causes the Aut2Exe to error with: "ERROR: Unterminated string" because it only takes the first 4094 characters from it...

I hope I explained it clear. :)

Can you make a test script available for me so I can do some testing to be able to test the scenario's you are working with.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Yeap, I realize that, but this will still be an issue for anyone who do not know about it.

I think for now the best way would be Jos to remove this new option and I'll use the additional script he gave me to concatenate the broken lines in the obfuscated script, after the compilation is complete.

However I'm currently on the "Feature requests" page and reading the rules. :) I plan to add this feature request for Aut2Exe.

Lets work on this one and see if we can get it to work properly as this is asked a zillion time by now...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Here you go: :)

;Try to compile it first with the one line string and see what happens
;Then comment the one line string and uncomment the broken one and try to compile with it

#Region
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=LongStrings.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=Y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly
#EndRegion

$CountriesList="Afghanistan (AF)|Aland Islands (AX)|Albania (AL)|Algeria (DZ)|American Samoa (AS)|Andorra (AD)|Angola (AO)|Anguilla (AI)|Antarctica (AQ)|Antigua and Barbuda (AG)|Argentina (AR)|Armenia (AM)|Aruba (AW)|Australia (AU)|Austria (AT)|Azerbaijan (AZ)|Bahamas (BS)|Bahrain (BH)|Bangladesh (BD)|Barbados (BB)|Belarus (BY)|Belgium (BE)|Belize (BZ)|Benin (BJ)|Bermuda (BM)|Bhutan (BT)|Bolivia (BO)|Bosnia and Herzegovina (BA)|Botswana (BW)|Bouvet Island (BV)|Brazil (BR)|British Indian Ocean Territory (IO)|British Virgin Islands (VG)|Brunei (BN)|Bulgaria (BG)|Burkina Faso (BF)|Burundi (BI)|Cambodia (KH)|Cameroon (CM)|Canada (CA)|Cape Verde (CV)|Cayman Islands (KY)|Central African Republic (CF)|Chad (TD)|Chile (CL)|China (CN)|Christmas Island (CX)|Cocos (Keeling) Islands (CC)|Colombia (CO)|Comoros (KM)|Congo (CG)|Cook Islands (CK)|Costa Rica (CR)|Croatia (HR)|Cuba (CU)|Cyprus (CY)|Czech Republic (CZ)|Democratic Republic of Congo (CD)|Denmark (DK)|Disputed Territory (XX)|Djibouti (DJ)|Dominica (DM)|Dominican Republic (DO)|East Timor (TL)|Ecuador (EC)|Egypt (EG)|El Salvador (SV)|Equatorial Guinea (GQ)|Eritrea (ER)|Estonia (EE)|Ethiopia (ET)|Falkland Islands (FK)|Faroe Islands (FO)|Federated States of Micronesia (FM)|Fiji (FJ)|Finland (FI)|France (FR)|French Guyana (GF)|French Polynesia (PF)|French Southern Territories (TF)|Gabon (GA)|Gambia (GM)|Georgia (GE)|Germany (DE)|Ghana (GH)|Gibraltar (GI)|Greece (GR)|Greenland (GL)|Grenada (GD)|Guadeloupe (GP)|Guam (GU)|Guatemala (GT)|Guinea (GN)|Guinea-Bissau (GW)|Guyana (GY)|Haiti (HT)|Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands (HM)|Honduras (HN)|Hong Kong (HK)|Hungary (HU)|Iceland (IS)|India (IN)|Indonesia (ID)|Iran (IR)|Iraq (IQ)|Iraq-Saudi Arabia Neutral Zone (XE)|Ireland (IE)|Israel (IL)|Italy (IT)|Ivory Coast (CI)|Jamaica (JM)|Japan (JP)|Jordan (JO)|Kazakhstan (KZ)|Kenya (KE)|Kiribati (KI)|Kuwait (KW)|Kyrgyzstan (KG)|Laos (LA)|Latvia (LV)|Lebanon (LB)|Lesotho (LS)|Liberia (LR)|Libya (LY)|Liechtenstein (LI)|Lithuania (LT)|Luxembourg (LU)|Macau (MO)|Macedonia (MK)|Madagascar (MG)|Malawi (MW)|Malaysia (MY)|Maldives (MV)|Mali (ML)|Malta (MT)|Marshall Islands (MH)|Martinique (MQ)|Mauritania (MR)|Mauritius (MU)|Mayotte (YT)|Mexico (MX)|Moldova (MD)|Monaco (MC)|Mongolia (MN)|Montserrat (MS)|Morocco (MA)|Mozambique (MZ)|Myanmar (MM)|Namibia (NA)|Nauru (NR)|Nepal (NP)|Netherlands (NL)|Netherlands Antilles (AN)|New Caledonia (NC)|New Zealand (NZ)|Nicaragua (NI)|Niger (NE)|Nigeria (NG)|Niue (NU)|Norfolk Island (NF)|North Korea (KP)|Northern Mariana Islands (MP)|Norway (NO)|Oman (OM)|Pakistan (PK)|Palau (PW)|Palestinian Occupied Territories (PS)|Panama (PA)|Papua New Guinea (PG)|Paraguay (PY)|Peru (PE)|Philippines (PH)|Pitcairn Islands (PN)|Poland (PL)|Portugal (PT)|Puerto Rico (PR)|Qatar (QA)|Reunion (RE)|Romania (RO)|Russia (RU)|Rwanda (RW)|Saint Helena and Dependencies (SH)|Saint Kitts and Nevis (KN)|Saint Lucia (LC)|Saint Pierre and Miquelon (PM)|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (VC)|Samoa (WS)|San Marino (SM)|Sao Tome and Principe (ST)|Saudi Arabia (SA)|Senegal (SN)|Serbia and Montenegro (CS)|Seychelles (SC)|Sierra Leone (SL)|Singapore (SG)|Slovakia (SK)|Slovenia (SI)|Solomon Islands (SB)|Somalia (SO)|South Africa (ZA)|South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands (GS)|South Korea (KR)|Spain (ES)|Spratly Islands (PI)|Sri Lanka (LK)|Sudan (SD)|Suriname (SR)|Svalbard and Jan Mayen (SJ)|Swaziland (SZ)|Sweden (SE)|Switzerland (CH)|Syria (SY)|Taiwan (TW)|Tajikistan (TJ)|Tanzania (TZ)|Thailand (TH)|Togo (TG)|Tokelau (TK)|Tonga (TO)|Trinidad and Tobago (TT)|Tunisia (TN)|Turkey (TR)|Turkmenistan (TM)|Turks And Caicos Islands (TC)|Tuvalu (TV)|Uganda (UG)|Ukraine (UA)|United Arab Emirates (AE)|United Kingdom (UK)|United Nations Neutral Zone (XD)|United States (US)|United States Minor Outlying Islands (UM)|Uruguay (UY)|US Virgin Islands (VI)|Uzbekistan (UZ)|Vanuatu (VU)|Vatican City (VA)|Venezuela (VE)|Vietnam (VN)|Wallis and Futuna (WF)|Western Sahara (EH)|Yemen (YE)|Zambia (ZM)|Zimbabwe (ZW)"
#cs
$CountriesList="Afghanistan (AF)|Aland Islands (AX)|Albania (AL)|Algeria (DZ)|American Samoa (AS)|Andorra (AD)|"& _
                    "Angola (AO)|Anguilla (AI)|Antarctica (AQ)|Antigua and Barbuda (AG)|Argentina (AR)|Armenia (AM)|"& _
                    "Aruba (AW)|Australia (AU)|Austria (AT)|Azerbaijan (AZ)|Bahamas (BS)|Bahrain (BH)|Bangladesh (BD)|"& _
                    "Barbados (BB)|Belarus (BY)|Belgium (BE)|Belize (BZ)|Benin (BJ)|Bermuda (BM)|Bhutan (BT)|Bolivia (BO)|"& _
                    "Bosnia and Herzegovina (BA)|Botswana (BW)|Bouvet Island (BV)|Brazil (BR)|British Indian Ocean Territory (IO)|"& _
                    "British Virgin Islands (VG)|Brunei (BN)|Bulgaria (BG)|Burkina Faso (BF)|Burundi (BI)|Cambodia (KH)|"& _
                    "Cameroon (CM)|Canada (CA)|Cape Verde (CV)|Cayman Islands (KY)|Central African Republic (CF)|Chad (TD)|"& _
                    "Chile (CL)|China (CN)|Christmas Island (CX)|Cocos (Keeling) Islands (CC)|Colombia (CO)|Comoros (KM)|"& _
                    "Congo (CG)|Cook Islands (CK)|Costa Rica (CR)|Croatia (HR)|Cuba (CU)|Cyprus (CY)|Czech Republic (CZ)|"& _
                    "Democratic Republic of Congo (CD)|Denmark (DK)|Disputed Territory (XX)|Djibouti (DJ)|Dominica (DM)|"& _
                    "Dominican Republic (DO)|East Timor (TL)|Ecuador (EC)|Egypt (EG)|El Salvador (SV)|Equatorial Guinea (GQ)|"& _
                    "Eritrea (ER)|Estonia (EE)|Ethiopia (ET)|Falkland Islands (FK)|Faroe Islands (FO)|Federated States of Micronesia (FM)|"& _
                    "Fiji (FJ)|Finland (FI)|France (FR)|French Guyana (GF)|French Polynesia (PF)|French Southern Territories (TF)|"& _
                    "Gabon (GA)|Gambia (GM)|Georgia (GE)|Germany (DE)|Ghana (GH)|Gibraltar (GI)|Greece (GR)|Greenland (GL)|Grenada (GD)|"& _
                    "Guadeloupe (GP)|Guam (GU)|Guatemala (GT)|Guinea (GN)|Guinea-Bissau (GW)|Guyana (GY)|Haiti (HT)|"& _
                    "Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands (HM)|Honduras (HN)|Hong Kong (HK)|Hungary (HU)|Iceland (IS)|India (IN)|"& _
                    "Indonesia (ID)|Iran (IR)|Iraq (IQ)|Iraq-Saudi Arabia Neutral Zone (XE)|Ireland (IE)|Israel (IL)|Italy (IT)|"& _
                    "Ivory Coast (CI)|Jamaica (JM)|Japan (JP)|Jordan (JO)|Kazakhstan (KZ)|Kenya (KE)|Kiribati (KI)|Kuwait (KW)|"& _
                    "Kyrgyzstan (KG)|Laos (LA)|Latvia (LV)|Lebanon (LB)|Lesotho (LS)|Liberia (LR)|Libya (LY)|Liechtenstein (LI)|"& _
                    "Lithuania (LT)|Luxembourg (LU)|Macau (MO)|Macedonia (MK)|Madagascar (MG)|Malawi (MW)|Malaysia (MY)|Maldives (MV)|"& _
                    "Mali (ML)|Malta (MT)|Marshall Islands (MH)|Martinique (MQ)|Mauritania (MR)|Mauritius (MU)|Mayotte (YT)|"& _
                    "Mexico (MX)|Moldova (MD)|Monaco (MC)|Mongolia (MN)|Montserrat (MS)|Morocco (MA)|Mozambique (MZ)|Myanmar (MM)|"& _
                    "Namibia (NA)|Nauru (NR)|Nepal (NP)|Netherlands (NL)|Netherlands Antilles (AN)|New Caledonia (NC)|New Zealand (NZ)|"& _
                    "Nicaragua (NI)|Niger (NE)|Nigeria (NG)|Niue (NU)|Norfolk Island (NF)|North Korea (KP)|Northern Mariana Islands (MP)|"& _
                    "Norway (NO)|Oman (OM)|Pakistan (PK)|Palau (PW)|Palestinian Occupied Territories (PS)|Panama (PA)|Papua New Guinea (PG)|"& _
                    "Paraguay (PY)|Peru (PE)|Philippines (PH)|Pitcairn Islands (PN)|Poland (PL)|Portugal (PT)|Puerto Rico (PR)|Qatar (QA)|"& _
                    "Reunion (RE)|Romania (RO)|Russia (RU)|Rwanda (RW)|Saint Helena and Dependencies (SH)|Saint Kitts and Nevis (KN)|"& _
                    "Saint Lucia (LC)|Saint Pierre and Miquelon (PM)|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (VC)|Samoa (WS)|San Marino (SM)|"& _
                    "Sao Tome and Principe (ST)|Saudi Arabia (SA)|Senegal (SN)|Serbia and Montenegro (CS)|Seychelles (SC)|Sierra Leone (SL)|"& _
                    "Singapore (SG)|Slovakia (SK)|Slovenia (SI)|Solomon Islands (SB)|Somalia (SO)|South Africa (ZA)|"& _
                    "South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands (GS)|South Korea (KR)|Spain (ES)|Spratly Islands (PI)|Sri Lanka (LK)|"& _
                    "Sudan (SD)|Suriname (SR)|Svalbard and Jan Mayen (SJ)|Swaziland (SZ)|Sweden (SE)|Switzerland (CH)|Syria (SY)|Taiwan (TW)|"& _
                    "Tajikistan (TJ)|Tanzania (TZ)|Thailand (TH)|Togo (TG)|Tokelau (TK)|Tonga (TO)|Trinidad and Tobago (TT)|Tunisia (TN)|"& _
                    "Turkey (TR)|Turkmenistan (TM)|Turks And Caicos Islands (TC)|Tuvalu (TV)|Uganda (UG)|Ukraine (UA)|United Arab Emirates (AE)|"& _
                    "United Kingdom (UK)|United Nations Neutral Zone (XD)|United States (US)|United States Minor Outlying Islands (UM)|"& _
                    "Uruguay (UY)|US Virgin Islands (VI)|Uzbekistan (UZ)|Vanuatu (VU)|Vatican City (VA)|Venezuela (VE)|Vietnam (VN)|"& _
                    "Wallis and Futuna (WF)|Western Sahara (EH)|Yemen (YE)|Zambia (ZM)|Zimbabwe (ZW)"
#CE

MsgBox(64,"List",$CountriesList)

Is that for a listview or something? I'd use an array for something like this, in my opinion it's cleaner and easier to maintain.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

Here you go: :)

That will only trigger the long line error but you mentioned others... right?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

My wife is mad at me now, because I'm missing my dinner. Give me 20-30 minutes and I'll be back with another example for the other issues. :)

Relax and have a nice dinner... nice glass of wine with it and then after you have the whole evening to make tat script as I won;t be here this evening.

Later,

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

dv8,

Please realize that the point here is not to fix my code or make it cleaner or easier. I like just the way it is.

You have misunderstood. The point here is to make Obfuscator more useful to the AutoIt community, not you personally - and the /OM flag does just that. :)

If you need to change your code to make Obfuscator work on your script (such as recoding your long strings) then you will have to change your code. If you do not want to change your code, then go ahead and write your own utility to do what you want. Any solution to the original problem will certainly require compromises, but there will always be some limits - unfortunately for you being able to leave your code unchanged is most unlikely to be one of them. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area