Positioned application window ... but how to position its dialogs?

qwert

I have a script that starts an application, gets its window handle and then positions it exactly where I want it. All is good.

But when the application opens its dialogs (like print, for example) they're positioned in the center of the desktop, not positioned over the application, which is preferred. Is there any way to remotely specify (i.e., from my start script) the default positions for the dialogs of an external application? I've read about DS_CENTER style on MSDN, but it seems to only apply to individual dialogs at the time they are created.

As an alternative, is there a way to detect and identify individual dialogs, since I know the window's handle? Then I could just reposition them, I suppose.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

There are various program which allow you to split the screen into virtual monitors but I don't think they will deal with dialogues as you want. The onl;y way I can think of to do what you want is to run the application in a virtual PC and place the window for the virtual PC where you want it.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I'm afraid that would be overly complicated for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Since the application is only one of four running at the moment on the PC, maybe I can parse an inventory of currently-open windows and deduce where the dialog has opened.

Anyway, thanks for responding.