Repeating mundane Mouse clicks and movements

Alright so every time I log into a new computer on my network none of my local setting are stored (obviously since they're local) from using other computers on the network. And every time I log into a new computer I have to reset all the setting to my personal preferences and wasting time when I could actually be productive.

So my question is there a way to control the mouse to go through a complex set of movements to make all of these preferences set with an Autoit program, is there a way to do this, if so how?

Also is there a way where I could record my mouse movements and replicate them again so I only have to reset all my preference only once and have an au3 program take care of it for me.

Thanks in advance to anyone with ideas/input?

-User New to Autoit

Local settings can be sincronized with a server in the network so that when you switch from one pc to the other your preferencies are loaded automatically. If your network is not under a server autoit can do the job but I fear you have to write the mouse movements coords and commands yourself, I am not aware of a -recording movement tool- .

The full version of Scite script editor can record mouse clicking.. Create a script and tools->AU3 Recorder. Keep in mind that clicking like MouseClick("left",369,597,1) is using xy coordinates on your screen, and if you have different screen resolutions, the buttons won't be in the same spot. Automating mouse clicking is fairly easy to write even without a recorder though, just look in helpfiles at MouseClick. Something you may also want to use in this process would be WinWaitActive, which pauses your script until the window you specify is active rather than guessing how long it will take the window appear and using Sleep.

On a side note, I just used the script recorder, and it inserted this function: _WinWaitActivate

I'm not sure if that's a Scite error or what not but I fixed it by changing it to WinWaitActive

Hope this helps!

The full version of Scite script editor can record mouse clicking.. Create a script and tools->AU3 Recorder. Keep in mind that clicking like MouseClick("left",369,597,1) is using xy coordinates on your screen, and if you have different screen resolutions, the buttons won't be in the same spot. Automating mouse clicking is fairly easy to write even without a recorder though, just look in helpfiles at MouseClick. Something you may also want to use in this process would be WinWaitActive, which pauses your script until the window you specify is active rather than guessing how long it will take the window appear and using Sleep.

On a side note, I just used the script recorder, and it inserted this function: _WinWaitActivate

I'm not sure if that's a Scite error or what not but I fixed it by changing it to WinWaitActive

Hope this helps!

It does? No way! I'll have to look into this... :oops:

Okay where does it have this feature? I can't find it..

Look in the folder that you have installed AutoIt3, it's in the ExtrasAu3Recorder folder. It only shows up in SciTE if you have a file in Scite, with the extension .au3, unfortunately. Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Warning, different screen resolutions may screw up your attempt at global scripted desktop configuration. Windows tend to open centered, but if the screen resolution is higher or lower, your recorded absolute positioning will miss the target buttons.

An alternate method is to track down the registry settings changed by all this clicking and apply them to the system via registry edits, to auto-configure the desktop the way you want. Though for some programs, the keys they use are undocumented.

If you have an active directory domain, you may want to look at setting up a roaming profile so that your account settings migrate automatically from one domain-joined desktop to the next.

Look in the folder that you have installed AutoIt3, it's in the ExtrasAu3Recorder folder. It only shows up in SciTE if you have a file in Scite, with the extension .au3, unfortunately.

Mine just comes up with an error saying the program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from my computer?

Search the forum for help on that.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator