Filewriteline bug, countline bug, everything bugs !

Hey, i have a program that worked perfectly since today !

I really don't understand what's happening, i haven't edited the source code or anything (<== that's the weirdest) but now when my program do a _FileWriteToLine or a filewriteline it modify the whole file skipping lines between each line. For example i have :

Line1

Line2

Line3

if i do a _FileWriteToLine($sFile, 2, bleh ,1) i will have

Line1

bleh

Line2

So then its a whole mess to read lines, use lines ect..

It's so weird ! Yesterday it worked perfectly and today it does this... Anyway i found a way out of it with

$lines = _FileCountLines($file)*2
msgbox(1,"",$lines)
$buffer = ""
For $i = 1 to $lines step 1
    $line = FileReadLine($file, $i)
    If $line <> "" Then
        $buffer &= $line & @CRLF
    EndIf
Next
FileDelete($file)
FileWrite($file, $buffer)

But now every _FileCountLines in my program is divided by 2 :/ so i have to put $lines = _FileCountLines($file)*2 everytime... Its making my whole script very confusing and hard to use so please if someone has a solution to my problem :/. I usually never post for help because i can find everything here, but this time it seems i'm the only one !

Edited by sala2001

Thanks for the fast reply but whats weird is that yesterday it worked perfectly and so how do i disable this macro (i'm not used to macros)? A simple filewriteline will do @CRLF everywhere in the file between each line is that normal for you? IF it is how do i disable it?

Also why is my filecountline bugging now?

No, you didn't understand. The quoted code is what sort of solved my problem.

My problem is that a simple _FileWriteToLine($File, 2, bleh ,1) will result in

Line1

bleh

Line2

if the $file is

line1

line2

line3

And now i understand very well what are macros but in my filewritetoline i never use the @CRLF macro.

Anyway thanks for the help but i don't think i'll find a solution :/ i'll have to stick to this.

Edited by sala2001

I just ran a test on my computer with a text file and I don't get the extra lines, Windows 7 x86, it puts one line of text into one line in the file.

What is the output from the test.txt file when you run this demo script?

#include <File.au3>
For $I = 1 To 10
    FileWriteLine("C:temptest.txt", "Line " & $I)
Next

;Example: Write to line 3 of c:temptest.txt REPLACING line 3
_FileWriteToLine("c:temptest.txt", 3, "my replacement for line 3", 1)
;Example: Write to line 3 of c:temptest.txt NOT REPLACING line 3
_FileWriteToLine("c:temptest.txt", 3, "my insertion", 0)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

I just ran a test on my computer with a text file and I don't get the extra lines, Windows 7 x86, it puts one line of text into one line in the file.

Ditto on Win7 x64

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

But now every _FileCountLines in my program is divided by 2

_FileCountLines() returns the correct number for me on xp 32-bit and win7 64-bit, so I'm not sure why you would be seeing double. Do you see _FileCountLines() return twice what it should for every file or just the one you are working with now?