SOLVED! Call variable inside function?

I have a GUI function and i have another function after the GUI that calls for some combos, etc inside the GUI.

Can i do that?

In this particular situation, i need a func for my GUI because i have a password script before to call the GUI if the password is correct.

For example:

#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_mypw()

Func _mypw()
$pw = "mypw"
$input = InputBox("My Script Name", "Please enter a password", "", "*")
If $pw <> $input Then
Exit
ElseIf $pw = $input Then
MainGUI()
EndIf
EndFunc

Func MainGUI()
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 193, 106, 568, 331)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo1", 24, 24, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
$Combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo2", 24, 56, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Func ReadCombo()
If GUICtrlRead($Combo1) = "" Then $Combo2 = "------"
EndFunc
Edited by telmob

Define the variables you need in both functions as Global in the main script:

#include <comboconstants.au3>
#include <guiconstantsex.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
Global $Form1, $Combo1, $Combo2
MainGUI()

Func MainGUI()
    $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 193, 106, 568, 331)
    $Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo1", 24, 24, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
    $Combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo2", 24, 56, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>MainGUI

Func ReadCombo()
    If GUICtrlRead($Combo1) = "" Then $Combo2 = "------"
EndFunc   ;==>ReadCombo

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

2k variables? Then I would suggest to hold the ControlIDs in an array.

Can you post a screenshot of your GUI or some code where you create some of the 2k variables?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Unless you have 2000 comboboxes, and not entries in a combobox, the combo only has one controlid, the items are just read from it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This is part of the gui, there are more windows like this one.

Edit: Ok, just followed the errors and 'globalized' all the missing stuff. Just a couple of hundreds lol

Now it seems everything's working so far.

Thank you soooo much :oops:

post-65971-0-51441200-1330617980_thumb.j

Edited by telmob

BTW, your password function isn't going to work very well for you. The user only gets one shot at entering the correct password, and after that the script will just go into an endless While/Wend loop the way it's written in your demo.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Just a quick and dirty example how to create a GUI using a loop and storing the ControlIDs in a table as well as storing the input data in a table.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <array.au3>
$sTitle = "... Wellen Data Bank ..."
#region ### Position and dimension of controls ###
Global
Global $iLLeft = 16, $iLTop = 74, $iLWidth = 191, $iLHeight = 17, $iLSpace = 17 ; Label control
Global $iILeft = 208, $iITop = 72, $iIWidth = 209, $iIHeight = 21, $iISpace = 13, $iIHSpace = 10 ; Input control
#endregion ### Position and dimension of controls ###
Global $aGUIlabels[15] = ["Label1", "Label2", "Label3", "Label4", "Label5", "Label6", "Label7", "Label8", "Label9", "Label10", "Label11", "Label12", "Label13", "Label14", "Label15"]
Global $aGUIControls[15][4] ; array holding the ControlIDs. Row and column on the GUI start withe 1 but the arrays elements start with 0. Row 2 Column 3 is $aGUIControls[1][2]
Global $aGUIInput[15][4]; array holding the Input from the Controls. Numbering ase in $aGUIControls
#region ### START Koda GUI section ###
Global $hGUI = GUICreate($sTitle, 1200, 600, 192, 124)
For $iLine = 0 To 14
    GUICtrlCreateLabel($aGUIlabels[$iLine], $iLLeft, $iLTop + $iLine * $iLHeight + $iLine * $iLSpace, $iLWidth, $iLHeight)
    $aGUIControls[$iLine][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($aGUIControls[$iLine][0], $iILeft, $iITop + $iLine * $iIHeight + $iLine * $iISpace, $iIWidth, $iIHeight)
    $aGUIControls[$iLine][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($aGUIControls[$iLine][1], $iILeft + 1 * ($iIWidth + $iIHSpace), $iITop + $iLine * $iIHeight + $iLine * $iISpace, $iIWidth, $iIHeight)
    $aGUIControls[$iLine][2] = GUICtrlCreateInput($aGUIControls[$iLine][2], $iILeft + 2 * ($iIWidth + $iIHSpace), $iITop + $iLine * $iIHeight + $iLine * $iISpace, $iIWidth, $iIHeight)
    $aGUIControls[$iLine][3] = GUICtrlCreateInput($aGUIControls[$iLine][3], $iILeft + 3 * ($iIWidth + $iIHSpace), $iITop + $iLine * $iIHeight + $iLine * $iISpace, $iIWidth, $iIHeight)
Next
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iMsg
        Case 0
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            _ArrayDisplay($aGUIInput)
            Exit
        Case Else
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aGUIControls, 1)-1
                For $j = 0 To UBound($aGUIControls, 2)-1
                    If $aGUIControls[$i][$j] = $iMsg Then
                        $aGUIInput[$i][$j] = GUICtrlRead($iMsg) ; Read all ControlIDs (which are stored in the array) and put the read data into another array
                        ExitLoop 2
                    EndIf
                Next
            Next
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

BTW, your password function isn't going to work very well for you. The user only gets one shot at entering the correct password, and after that the script will just go into an endless While/Wend loop the way it's written in your demo.

Yes, i know, that was just an example. I've made a proper password box with MD5 in an encrypted file. It might not be the safest solution but it's working alright.

@water -> Great solution man. I'll spend some time fixing my script but i believe it's worh it.

BrewManNH, my password script:

#include  <Crypt.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GuiMenu.au3>

$HashFile=@ScriptDir & "dataconfig.ini"

LoginForm()

Func LoginForm()
$FormAccess = GUICreate("Acesso Wellen", 210, 170,-1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX)
GUISetIcon(@ScriptDir & "Wellen.ico", -1)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 5, 1, 200, 108)
$UsernameLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Usuário:", 10, 15, 43, 17, 0)
$UsernameCheck = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 30, 190, 18, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, 256)
$PasswordLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Senha:", 10, 53, 38, 17, 0)
$PasswordCheck = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 68, 190, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_PASSWORD))
$AcessDeniedLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Acesso negado!", 12, 90, 100, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_HIDE)
$AcessGrantedLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Acesso concedido!", 12, 90, 120, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x008000)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_HIDE)
$ButtonOk = GUICtrlCreateButton("&OK", 70, 115, 55, 25, $BS_NOTIFY)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, 512)
$ButtonCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Cancel", 130, 115, 75, 25, $BS_NOTIFY)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $ButtonCancel
Exit
Case $ButtonOk
_Decrypt()
$Hash=IniRead($HashFile, GUICtrlRead($UsernameCheck), "Hash", "")
$HashTrimmed="0x"&StringTrimLeft(StringTrimRight($Hash,3),1)
$UserExists=IniReadSection($HashFile, GUICtrlRead($UsernameCheck))
If $UsernameCheck<>"" And $UserExists<>"" And _Crypt_HashData(GUICtrlRead($PasswordCheck),$CALG_MD5)=$HashTrimmed Then
Global $FirstUserNameFind = StringInStr(IniRead(@ScriptDir & "dataconfig.ini", GUICtrlRead($UsernameCheck), "Nome", ""), " ")
Global $FirstUserNameResult = StringLeft(IniRead(@ScriptDir & "dataconfig.ini", GUICtrlRead($UsernameCheck), "Nome", ""), $FirstUserNameFind)
Global $FullUserNameFind = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "dataconfig.ini", GUICtrlRead($UsernameCheck), "Nome", "")
Global $UserQualif=GUICtrlRead($UsernameCheck)
_Crypt()
GUICtrlSetState($AcessDeniedLabel, $GUI_HIDE)
GUICtrlSetState($AcessGrantedLabel, $GUI_SHOW)
Sleep(1000)
GUIDelete()
MainForm()
ElseIf $UserExists="" OR _Crypt_HashData(GUICtrlRead($PasswordCheck),$CALG_MD5)<>$Hash Then
GUICtrlSetState($AcessDeniedLabel, $GUI_SHOW)
Sleep(1000)
GUICtrlSetState($AcessDeniedLabel, $GUI_HIDE)
_Crypt()
EndIf
EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Func _Decrypt()
$success=_Crypt_DecryptFile($HashFile, @ScriptDir & "dataconfig2.ini", "crypt", $CALG_RC4)
FileDelete($HashFile)
FileMove(@ScriptDir & "dataconfig2.ini", $HashFile)
EndFunc

Func _Crypt()
$success=_Crypt_EncryptFile($HashFile, @ScriptDir & "dataconfig2.ini", "crypt", $CALG_RC4)
FileDelete($HashFile)
FileMove(@ScriptDir & "dataconfig2.ini", $HashFile)
EndFunc
Edited by telmob