ie.au3 - IE9 Still a Problem

I added to a thread about these IE9 problems in the Developer Chat forum but I haven't had any replies so I am posting it here since this seems to be the more official way to get help.

Problems with using the Internet Explorer UDF (ie.au3) with IE9 have been posted elsewhere but in essence, some functions like clicking on a button weren't / aren't working under IE9. I am running under Win7 64 bit and I have broken scripts that won't run because of this. I tried compatibility mode (and a couple of functions that were posted to switch to other modes); I tried using the latest ie.au3 version; and, I tried compiling with the latest Beta but the results are the same each time. I tried sample code from the previous threads that demonstrate clicking on a button working when using COM functions directly (under compatibility mode) and not working when using ie.au3.

My impression from what I can find on the forums is that this is considered to be a solved problem. There are some changes in the UDF that seem to be focused on dealing with this and there is a closed ticket that seems to address these issues. None-the-less, I am still having the same problem. Am I missing something obvious, is this actually not solved (yet) or is it possibly a different variation of the same issue?

Help would be appreciated. I have some scripts using this UDF that I can't support at the present because of this.

Edited by chrshea

I added to a thread about these IE9 problems in the Developer Chat forum but I haven't had any replies so I am posting it here since this seems to be the more official way to get help.

Problems with using the Internet

Describe the problem or provide a link.

Edit: Post a sample reproducer of your code.

Edited by forumer100

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Here is the sample code from previous threads on this topic:

1. This one doesn't use ie.au3 and it works under compatibility mode (but not if I turn it off):

$oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")
$oIE.visible = 1
$oIE.navigate2("http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html")
Sleep(5000)
$oB = $oIE.document.getElementsByName("submit").Item(0)
$oEvt = ObjEvent($oB, "Evt_")
ConsoleWrite($oB.outerhtml & @CRLF)
Func Evt_($s)
    ConsoleWrite($s & @CRLF)
EndFunc

2. This one uses ie.au3 and it doesn't work in either mode:

; TEST2
; This test uses IE.au3
; FROM: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/126670-ie9-automation-problems/page__st__60

; This is supposed to work in compatability mode
; (but it doesn't)

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach("http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html", "url")

$oB = $oIE.document.getElementsByName("submit").Item(0)
$oEvt = ObjEvent($oB, "Evt_")

ConsoleWrite($oB.outerhtml & @CRLF)
$oB.click

Func Evt_($s)
    ConsoleWrite($s & @CRLF)
EndFunc

• Moderators

chrshea,

The URL http://wdextras.womansday.com/contests_texas.html leads to a login page for a competition. Please read the Forum Rules - particluarly this part:

"Do not discuss any of the following:

[...]

SPAM tools including instant messenger or forum auto-posters. This includes forum or site auto-login methods"

Please do not post seeking help with such things again. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area