Application is not deleted when removed from Add/Remove Programs

Hi,

I am new to AutoIt and am stuck at this point.

The application folder contains air file of the application as well as uninstall.exe

The application folder which is placed in Programs Files is deleted when I uninstall the application from uninstall.exe.

But when I remove the application from control panel, the uninstall.exe is not executed still the application is uninstalled. The application folder in Program Files is as it is. Not all the contents from the folder are deleted.

I have specified the Uninstall string and Display Name in the install.exe to be written to the registry.

IMO the application uninstalls from the air file itself when removed from control panel. Is there any way I can link the air file to uninstall.exe?

What do I do?

Edited by ashwini410

The code for installation and uninstallation is written in AutoIt. The rest of the application is in Flex.

But the installation and uninstallation happens through .au3 files

wow, you lost me with that comment, so you installed an application using a script run from the script editor then right?

Where did you get the source?

Edit: if you know what parameters the compiled application that you installed using the au3 files takes, then check if they're correct in one of these registry keys.

HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall{APPLICATION ID}UninstallString
HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall{APPLICATION ID}UninstallString

Also, are you sure you didn't mean to say that the installed app is actually a compiled autoit script?

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

Yes I had checked the registry entries earlier too. The application is listed in

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall

The Uninstall string is something like : MsiExec.exe /I....

Edited by ashwini410

• Moderators

Hi, Ashwini410. What is the name of the application you are trying to uninstall? If it is in MSI format, the uninstall should catch MOST of the files and reg entries. There may be additional switches you can use on uninstall, however, depending on the product.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi, Ashwini410. What is the name of the application you are trying to uninstall? If it is in MSI format, the uninstall should catch MOST of the files and reg entries. There may be additional switches you can use on uninstall, however, depending on the product.

Unless it's a virus.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

• Moderators

Unless it's a virus.

True, though I don't know many virus writers that take the time to package their work into an MSI. If this app is a virus, the OP has many more problems :oops:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I don't have any idea about the virus.

But we have a setup folder which contains install.au3, install.exe, uninstall.au3 and uninstall.exe. The application is in flex and the air file for the application is also placed in the same folder.

The AIR files are executables.

So when I run the install.exe, it runs this executable and the app is installed. We have used autoit to create other app related folders in Application Data Directory and for the shortcuts etc.

Now uninstall.exe contains the code to remove all the folders related to the app as well as the shortcuts. So when I run uninstall.exe directly all the folders are deleted and the application is uninstalled successfully.

But when I click on Remove in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs, app is uninstalled directly through the AIR file. uninstall.exe is simply not executed at all and the app folder is still there in C:Program FilesMyApp ( some files and folders from MyApp are deleted but not all ).

In install.exe I have specified the uninstall string :

RegWrite("HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall{appName}", "DisplayName", "REG_SZ", "{App Display Name}")

RegWrite("HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall{appName}", "UninstallString", "REG_SZ", "{uninstall.exe path}" )

Where am I going wrong?

Edited by ashwini410

Where am I going wrong?

I really have no idea, but I've been working on a little UDF to install applications, maybe you might find it useful, it's still not done though..

#include-once

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _Install
; Description ...:
; Syntax ........: _Install($DisplayName, $Publisher, $DisplayIcon, $InstallLocation[, $HKType = "HKCU"[, $DisplayVersion = ""[,
;                 $HelpLink = False[, $InstallFunc]]]])
;
; Parameters ....: $DisplayName      - [ByRef] Registry sub key name used and Software removal entry name that will be shown.
;                 $Publisher           - Publisher name to show in the control panel software removal applet.
;                 $DisplayIcon       - Icon to show in the software removal applet, should be icon index number or name.
;                                              Syntax can be (@SystemDir & "shell32.dll,0") or just leave blank to use
;                                              the scripts default icon.
;                 $InstallLocation   - [optional] Location to set the uninstaller and to install files. Default
;                                                      is @ProgramFilesDir
;                 $HKType             - [optional] Registry key base to set the installation for. Default is
;                                                      "HKCU", (I.E., current user).
;                 $DisplayVersion     - [optional] Version display entry. Default is the compiled application version.
;                 $HelpLink         - [optional] A link to where a user may get help. Default is none.
;                 $InstallFunc       - [optional] Your function to call that will install the program or required files.
;                                                      Default is none. You should only use this function if it has proper
;                                                      error checking and return values, I would recommend that you have
;                                                      the suppled func return an error only if its something
;                                                      critical (I.E., anything that would break the installation.)
;                                                      But this can be handy if you configure your function correctly
;                                                      so as to allow this function to remove anything it may have done
;                                                      in case your function fails for some reason.
;
; Return values .: True if operation compleated successfully, false if errors occured and error set to one of positive
;                      values listed below unless you supplied an installation function which will return its error and
;                      set the @Extended macro to a positive value.
;
;                   @Error ~
;                      1 - Can be several things, such as the script not being compiled or an empty display name
;                              value or incorrect base key format.
;                      2 - Explicitly an incorrect base key format or name.
;                      3 - Application has detected that it previously installed flawlessly.
;                      4 - another program seems to be using the registry key you are trying to use. It's up to you to
;                              take care of this type of error, I.E., use a function to generate a unique installation name.
;                      5 - Installation directory does not have the directory attribute "D", meaning destination
;                              may be a file.
;                      6 - Installation directory already exists, I'll leave it up to you to handle this just like
;                              the registry.
;                      7 - Isntallation dorectory may be read only or user does not have sufficiant privilages to
;                              create a directory at specified location.
;                      8 - Failed to make a copy of this script to the uninstall directory for use as the uninstaller.
;                      9 - User supplied installation function does not exist.
;                      10 - something is wrong with the registry value being used.
;                      100 - The supplied installtion function returned an error, if this value is positive, the
;                              @Extended macro is set to the supplied installation functions @Error return code
;                              while also returning its return value.
;
; Author ........: THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE, zorphnog
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: You are responsible for handling the files to be installed, this just registers your uninstallation function.
; Related .......: None
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: Depends on you, but mostly yes.
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _Install(ByRef $DisplayName, $Publisher, $DisplayIcon, $InstallLocation = @ProgramFilesDir, $HKType = "HKCU", $DisplayVersion = Default, $HelpLink = False, $InstallFunc = False)

#region - Variable Verification / Correction -

If Not $HKType Then $HKType = "HKCU"
    If Not $InstallLocation Then $InstallLocation = @ProgramFilesDir
    If Not $DisplayVersion Then $DisplayVersion = Default
    If Not $HelpLink Then $HelpLink = False
    If Not $InstallFunc Then $InstallFunc = False

If (IsString($HKType) = False) Or (StringLen($HKType) < 4) Or (StringLen($DisplayName) = 0) Or Not @Compiled Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)

$HKType = _CheckBaseKey($HKType)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(2, 0, False)
    EndIf

#endregion - Variable Verification / Correction -

Local $Key = $HKType & "SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall" & $DisplayName

For $I = 1 To 999999
        $Ret = RegEnumKey($HKType & "SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall",$I)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If $Ret == $DisplayName Then
            $CHECK = RegRead($HKType & "SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall" & $DisplayName,"ID")
            If $CHECK = "0x6175746F6974" Then; autoit in binary format
                Return SetError(3,0,True)
            Else
                Return SetError(4,0,False)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next

If StringTrimLeft($InstallLocation, StringLen($InstallLocation) - 1) == '' Then
        Local $SP = StringSplit($InstallLocation, "", 2)
        Local $NM = UBound($SP) - 1
        $InstallLocation = ''
        For $I = 0 To $NM
            $InstallLocation &= $SP[$I]
            If ($I + 1) = $NM Then ExitLoop
            $InstallLocation &= ""
        Next
    EndIf

Local $CHECK = False

If FileExists($InstallLocation) Then
        $CHECK = FileGetAttrib($InstallLocation)
        If Not StringInStr($CHECK, "D", 2) Then Return SetError(5, 0, False)
        $CHECK = $InstallLocation & "" & $DisplayName
        If FileExists($CHECK) Then Return SetError(6, 0, False)
        If Not DirCreate($CHECK) Then Return SetError(7, 0, False)
    Else
        $CHECK = $InstallLocation & "" & $DisplayName
        If Not DirCreate($CHECK) Then Return SetError(7, 0, False)
    EndIf

If Not FileCopy(@AutoItExe, $CHECK & "" & "Uninstall.exe") then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
        Return SetError(8,0,False)
    EndIf

If $InstallFunc Then
        Local $Workingdir = @WorkingDir
        FileChangeDir($CHECK)
        ; change working directory to our new installation directory and call user
        ; supplied function to install required files to this directory.
        Local $Return = Call($InstallFunc)
        Local $Error = @error
        FileChangeDir($Workingdir)
        If $Error Then
            Switch $Error
                Case 0xDEAD
                    DirRemove($CHECK)
                    Return SetError(9, 0, False)
                Case Else
                    DirRemove($CHECK)
                    Return SetError(100, $Error, $Return)
            EndSwitch
        Else
            ;Continue operation
        EndIf
    EndIf

#cs
        When a user clicks the uninstall button in the control panel applet
        this parameter below will be passed to our compiled application letting
        us know we should uninstall our software from their machine...
    #ce

RegWrite($Key, "UninstallString", "REG_SZ", $CHECK & "Uninstall.exe --uninstall")
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
        Return SetError(10, 0, False)
    EndIf

RegWrite($Key, "InstallLocation", "REG_SZ", $CHECK)
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
    EndIf

RegWrite($Key, "DisplayName", "REG_SZ", $DisplayName)
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
    EndIf

If Not $DisplayIcon Then
        $DisplayIcon = $CHECK & "Uninstall.exe"
    EndIf

RegWrite($Key, "DisplayIcon", "REG_SZ", $DisplayIcon)
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
    EndIf

RegWrite($Key, "Publisher", "REG_SZ", $Publisher)
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
    EndIf

If $HelpLink Then
        RegWrite($Key, "HelpLink", "REG_SZ", $HelpLink)
        If @error Then
            RegDelete($Key)
            DirRemove($CHECK)
        EndIf
    EndIf

Switch $DisplayVersion
        Case Default, ""
            $DisplayVersion = FileGetVersion(@AutoItExe, "FileVersion")
            If @error Then $DisplayVersion = FileGetVersion(@AutoItExe, "ProductVersion")
            $DisplayVersion = StringReplace($DisplayVersion,",",".")
    EndSwitch

RegWrite($Key, "DisplayVersion", "REG_SZ", $DisplayVersion)
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
    EndIf

RegWrite($Key, "Version", "REG_SZ", $DisplayVersion)
    If @error Then
        RegDelete($Key)
        DirRemove($CHECK)
    EndIf

RegWrite($Key, "NoModify", "REG_DWORD", 1); No modification options
    RegWrite($Key, "NoRepair", "REG_DWORD", 1); No repair options
    RegWrite($Key, "InstallDate", "REG_SZ", @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY); I have no idea if this is the correct format.
    RegWrite($Key, "ID", "REG_BINARY", "0x6175746F6974"); Used to identify ourselves, says "autoit" in binary format

Return SetError(0, 0, True)
EndFunc   ;==>_Install

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: CheckUninstallRequest
; Description ...:
; Syntax ........: CheckUninstallRequest($DisplayName[, $HKType = "HKCU"[, $Function = ""]])
; Parameters ....: $DisplayName      - [ByRef] Registry sub key name used and Software removal entry name that will be shown.
;                 $HKType             - [optional] Registry key base to set the installation for. Default is
;                                                      "HKCU", (I.E., current user).
;                 $Function         - [optional] Your function to call that will uninstall program changes that were made.
;                                                      Default is none. You should only use this function if it has proper
;                                                      error checking and return values.
; Return values .: Returns true if operation compleated successfully, false if errors occure and sets error level to one of below.
;
;                   @Error ~
;                      1 - We're not compiled.
;                      2 - You will get this error only if you supplied an uninstall function and the function supplied
;                               does not exist.
;                      3 - Explicitly an incorrect base key format or name.
;                      4 - Failed to read the registry key that has the install location defined, this is needed in order to
;                               know what directory should be cleaned up and removed.
;                      5 - Failed to delete the installation directory where the program is located.
;                      6 - Failed to delete registry modification that were made when installing the application!
;                      100 - The supplied uninstalltion function set an error, if this value is positive, maybe even 0, the
;                               @extended macro is set to the supplied installation functions @Error return code
;                               and return value is also passed, make sure to set your functions error level to
;                               a correct value for this to work, this function will also still execute after yours is called
;                               and no errors were returned.
;
; Author ........: THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE, zorphnog
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: Depends on you, again...
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func CheckUninstallRequest($DisplayName, $HKType = "HKCU", $Function = "")
    If Not @Compiled Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)
    If $CmdLineRaw Then
        Local $Return = StringSplit($CmdLineRaw, "--", 2)
        If IsArray($Return) Then
            If (UBound($Return) - 1) > 1 Then
                If $Return[2] == "uninstall" Then; no other paramaters should have been passed, so we
                    If Not $Function Then; we will attempt to delete everything in our installation directory

#region - Application Removal -

If FileGetShortName(@ScriptDir) <> FileGetShortName(@TempDir) Then; move a copy of this file to the temp directory so we can uninstall properly from there.
                            Local $TmpFile = @TempDir & "Uninstall.exe"
                            If FileExists($TmpFile) Then
                                For $I = 0 To 99999999
                                    $TmpFile = @TempDir & "Uninstall(" & $I & ").exe"
                                    If Not FileExists($TmpFile) Then ExitLoop
                                Next
                                Sleep(500)
                            EndIf
                            FileCopy(@ScriptFullPath, $TmpFile)
                            If Not ProcessExists(Run(FileGetShortName($TmpFile) & " --uninstall", @WorkingDir)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)
                            Exit
                        Else; we are already in the temp directory, commence operation to remove everything possible.
                            If Not $HKType Then $HKType = "HKCU"
                            $HKType = _CheckBaseKey($HKType)
                            If @error Then Return SetError(3, 0, False)
                            Local $Key = $HKType & "SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall" & $DisplayName
                            Local $Directory = RegRead($Key, "InstallLocation")
                            If $Directory = @error Then SetError(4, 0, False)
                            If Not DirRemove($Directory, 1) Then
                                CloseExecMods($Directory); maybe we're locked because an application is running in our dir, lets locate exes and close them.
                                If Not DirRemove($Directory, 1) Then Return SetError(5, 0, False)
                            EndIf
                            If RegDelete($Key) <> 1 Then Return SetError(6, 0, False)
                            Return SetError(0, 0, True)
                        EndIf

#endregion - Application Removal -

Else; you supplied a function, we'll use that instead and then you can call this function again to handle the registry and directory.

#region - User Supplied Function -

#cs
                            This is useful if you have a function that will delete other files outside the installation directory. After it's done
                            It will run itslef again and finish the deal.
                        #ce

$Return = Call($Function)
                        If @error Then
                            Switch @error
                                Case 0xDEAD
                                    Return SetError(2, 0, False)
                                Case Else
                                    Return SetError(100, @error, $Return)
                            EndSwitch
                        Else
                            CheckUninstallRequest($DisplayName, $HKType)
                            ;Continue with our part of the uninstallation
                        EndIf

#endregion - User Supplied Function -

EndIf
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return SetError(0, 0, False)
EndFunc   ;==>CheckUninstallRequest

#region - Internal -

; #INTERNAL FUNCTION# ===========================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _CheckBaseKey
; Description ...: Fixes key base for registry
; Syntax ........: _CheckBaseKey($HKType)
; Parameters ....: $HKType            - Registry key to check.
; Return values .: The correct base key.
; Author ........: THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: This function is supposed to check if things are going to be written to the correct registry area.
; Related .......: None
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: No

Func _CheckBaseKey($HKType)
    Local $CHECK = False
    If (@OSArch <> "X86") And @AutoItX64 Then
        If Number(StringTrimLeft($HKType, StringLen($HKType) - 2)) <> 64 Then

#cs
                Jon once said somewhere that if running a compiled autoit script with an x86 interpreter
                the x64 OS will manually correct the key destination unless running with the x64 interpreter
                the system will assume the destination is correct, so just in case, we will attempt a correction
                manually in this area just for the heck of it..

Also note: If no match is found, we will throw an error because this shouldn't be written anywhere else.
            #ce

Local Const $KeyVal[4][2] = [ _
                    ["HKCU", "HKCU64"], _
                    ["HKLM", "HKLM64"], _
                    ["HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64"], _
                    ["HKEY_CURRENT_USER", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER64"] _
                    ]

For $I = 0 To UBound($KeyVal, 1) - 1
                If StringInStr($KeyVal[$I][0], $HKType, 2) Then
                    $HKType = $KeyVal[$I][1]
                    $CHECK = True
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next

If Not $CHECK Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)

EndIf
    EndIf

Return SetError(0, 0, $HKType)
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckBaseKey

; #INTERNAL FUNCTION# ===========================================================================================================
; Name ..........: CloseExecMods
; Description ...: closes exe programs in a directory.
; Syntax ........: CloseExecMods($Dir)
; Parameters ....: $Dir              - the directory to recurse for executable moduluals
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: AutoIt Community

Func CloseExecMods($Dir)
    Local $FILE
    Local $SEARCH = FileFindFirstFile($Dir & "*.*")
    If $SEARCH = -1 Then Return
    While 1
        Sleep(0)
        $FILE = FileFindNextFile($SEARCH)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If @extended Then
            CloseExecMods($Dir & "" & $FILE)
        Else
            If StringInStr(StringRight($FILE, 4), "exe", 2) Then
                ProcessClose($FILE)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>CloseExecMods

; Name ..........: _SelfDelete
; Description ...: Deletes the running script
; Syntax ........: _SelfDelete()
; Parameters ....: None
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: MHz
; Modified ......: N/A
; Link ..........: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/19370-autoit-wrappers/page__view__findpost__p__199605

Func _SelfDelete($iDelay = 0)
    Local $sCmdFile
    FileDelete(@TempDir & "scratch.bat")
    $sCmdFile = 'ping -n ' & $iDelay & '127.0.0.1 > nul' & @CRLF _
             & ':loop' & @CRLF _
             & 'del "' & @ScriptFullPath & '"' & @CRLF _
             & 'if exist "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" goto loop' & @CRLF _
             & 'del ' & @TempDir & 'scratch.bat'
    FileWrite(@TempDir & "scratch.bat", $sCmdFile)
    Run(@TempDir & "scratch.bat", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc   ;==>_SelfDelete

#endregion - Internal -

Example

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=shell32_271.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=SetUp.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include "ASI.au3"

#cs
    Run this once and it will install itselfe to program files under the value of $Intsallation_ID.
    Then go to the "Add Or Remove Programs" control panel applet and click remove.
#ce

; Variable used to identify this installation and the name it will have under the uninstallation entry in the
; control panel and also the directory name that will be used.
; Make sure to use a unique identifying name as this script will not work if there are any entried that have the same name

; in example: this script will not make any changes and will fail operation if anything is going to be over written
; so it is up to you, the user, to handle the required name change for installing any of your software.
; You should make a function that saves this ID somewhere it can always get it so as to avoid any confusion and errors
; because the script will not handle this type of error and you will be faced with a broken setup...

Global $Intsallation_ID = "AutoIt Test Application"

_Commence_Operation()

Func _Commence_Operation()
    Local $RetVal
    If Not $CMDLINERAW Then
        $RetVal = _Install($Intsallation_ID, "AutoIt Community", 0, "", "", "", "", "_OurUserSuppliedInstallationFunction")
        Switch @error
            Case 0
                MsgBox(64, "Operation Compleated!", "The operation compleated successfully!" & @CRLF & 'You may now remove the application through the "Add or Remove Software" control panel applet.')
            Case 1
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "This error can be several things, such as the script not being compiled" & @CRLF & "or an empty display name or incorrect HKxx key base.")
            Case 2
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "Explicitly an incorrect base key format or name")
            Case 3
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "Application has detected that it previously installed flawlessly.")
            Case 4
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "another program seems to be using the registry key you are trying to use." & @CRLF & "It's up to you to take care of this type of error, I.E., use a function to generate a unique installation name.")
            Case 5
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", 'Installation directory does not have the directory attribute "D"' & @CRLF & "meaning destination may be a file.")
            Case 6
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "Installation directory already exists, I'll leave it up to you to handle this.")
            Case 7
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "Isntallation dorectory may be read only or user does not" & @CRLF & "have sufficiant privilages to create a directory at specified location.")
            Case 8
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "Failed to make a copy of this script to the uninstall directory for use as the uninstaller.")
            Case 9
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "User supplied installation function does not exist.")
            Case 10
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "Something is wrong with the registry value being used.")
            Case 100
                MsgBox(48, "Error: _Install", "The suppliad user function returned Error Code: " & @extended & @CRLF & "Return Value: " & $RetVal)
        EndSwitch
    Else
        ;If StringLen($CMDLINERAW) > 15 Then Return
        $RetVal = CheckUninstallRequest($Intsallation_ID, "", "_OurUserSuppliedUninstallationFunction")
        Switch @error
            Case 0
                MsgBox(64, "Operation Compleated!", "The operation compleated successfully!" & @CRLF & "Click ok to continue with the uninstaller removal.")
                _SelfDelete()
            Case 1
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", " We're not compiled.")
            Case 2
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", "You will get this error only if you supplied" & @CRLF & " an uninstall function and the function supplied does not exist.")
            Case 3
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", "Explicitly an incorrect base key format or name.")
            Case 4
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", "ailed to read the registry key that has the install location defined" & @CRLF & "this is needed in order to know what directory should" & @CRLF & "be cleaned up and removed.")
            Case 5
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", "ailed to delete the installation directory where the program is located.")
            Case 6
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", "Failed to delete registry modification that were made when installing the application!")
            Case 100
                MsgBox(48, "Error: CheckUninstallRequest", "The supplied user uninstalltion function set an error")
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>_Commence_Operation

Func _OurUserSuppliedInstallationFunction()
    Local $TestAppLnk = @DesktopDir & "TestApp.lnk"
    If Not FileInstall(".testapp.exe","TestApp.exe") Then Return SetError(1,0,False)
    FileInstall(".TestApp Source Code.zip","TestApp Source Code.zip")
    If FileExists($TestAppLnk) Then
        For $I = 0 To 99999999
            $TestAppLnk = @TempDir & "TestApp(" & $I & ").lnk"
            If Not FileExists($TestAppLnk) Then ExitLoop
        Next
    EndIf
    If Not FileCreateShortcut(@WorkingDir & "testapp.exe",$TestAppLnk) Then Return SetError(2,0,False)
    If Not DirCreate(@StartMenuDir & "Programs" & $Intsallation_ID) Then Return SetError(3,0,False)
    FileCreateShortcut(@ProgramFilesDir & "" & $Intsallation_ID & "Uninstall.exe",@StartMenuDir & "Programs" & $Intsallation_ID & "Uninstall.lnk","","--uninstall","Uninstall")
    Return SetError(0,0,True)
EndFunc

Func _OurUserSuppliedUninstallationFunction()
    Return SetError(0,0,True)
EndFunc

If you notice, currently I'm trying to figure out a way to track changes outside the installation path, like deleting any shortcuts (lnk files) made and the startup menu entry.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE