Add Registry Value on to Remote Registry

Hi,

I´m just trying and trying to get it work but it wont :oops:

Can someone plase help me?

I need some Folders and a Key Created on some Remote Computer Registrys.

I like to have ane exe File where a Message Box appears to enter the Computer Name,

then it should made the change on the Remote PC.

This is what I have:

;Places the input box in the top left corner displaying the characters as they

;are typed.

Local $answer = InputBox("Info needed!!!", "Please enter Computer Name", "Compueter Name", "\\", _

- 1, -1, 0, 0)

; create just the key

RegWrite $answer("\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6")

; create just the key

RegWrite $answer("\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6\PrinterDriverData")

; Write a single REG_ value

RegWrite $answer("\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6\PrinterDriverData", "SSNPNotifyEventSetting", "REG_DWORD", "0")

I have no Idea how it works with the Computername to be added to the later use for RegWrite,

and if it will work this way or not.

I´m also have no experience in Scripting, but I try to help our Support Staff in Helpdesk with this.

It will be sooo great if someone can help me with this small thing here!

Thanks

Clemens

According to the help file you have to use "computernamekeyname" if you want to write to another users registry.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

It should read something like this....

...RegWrite ("" & $answer & "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintPrintersHP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6PrinterDriverData", "SSNPNotifyEventSetting", "REG_DWORD", "0")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

If you have problems with an AutoIt function make sure to check the return value and the macros @error and @extended. The docu explains which values to expect.

$iResult = RegWrite(...)
If $iResult = 0 then ConsoleWrite("@error: " & @error & @CRLF)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

"..." has to be replaced by your key, type and content as specified in post #4.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:oops:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki