Off-topic

If anyone knows about this..how does Borland Pascal 7.0 generate random numbers based upon a seed?How does it actually "convert" a 32 bit signed number to a series of "random" numbers?Because the executable doesn't really contain 65536*2^32 numbers in it..what's the algorithm?How do they get produced?This is kind of an off-topic-on-topic question because I'm making a script and I need to generate numbers based on a 32 bit signed seed JUST LIKE PASCAL does..the numbers I generate have to be identical to the ones BP 7.0 generates based on the same seed..you understand..It's "Support" aka "Scripting help", and I'm begging you to help me with this "script"

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

Well apparently they stopped support on BP 7.0 "a long time ago"..and I can see no forums on borland.com..if anyone can find me an active BP forum, I'd be grateful..although the question still remains..

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

I urge you to see:

http://www.boyet.com/

Offered is a classic data structures library including randomization algorithms, and a reference to a book (which is still in stores and libraries) that is among the best, including randomization algorithms too.

J

PS for further Pascal research, you may need to concentrate on Delphi instead.

If I am too verbose, just say so. You don't need to run on and on.