ControlSend "MouseDrag" ??

Hello, sending a click to a window that isn't active or even reduced is easy, using ControlClick or ControlSend, but I need more than a click, I would need a drag & drop.. Is there any way to do this ? any UDF existing that allows to send a drag & drop to a window that hasn't the focus?

Thanks

Actually I could do it if I knew how to send a "mouse down" event ...like ControlClick but that would not release the button (and of course I would need a mouse up ^^)

I found using Google that AutoHotkey "ControlClick" can do it... could you help me doing this in AutoIt ?

MouseMove(x, y)
MouseDown("left")
MouseMove(x, y)
MouseUp("left")

^ Simulation of a mouse drag, using left button. Change x&y ^^

P.S: You may want to read the help file next time, also, add in some delays.

Edited by megablox

"The story of a blade is linked in Blood." 

―Yasuo

I suggest you be more kind next time and less anthipatic.

I suggest next time you answer a thread you read the post entirely and not only the subject.

I suggest you, yourself read the help file.

1) MouseMove, MouseDown and MouseUp are used to actually move the pointer, just as MouseClick clic the button ... I do not need that at all, and I know these functions for years...for god's sake

2) I need an equivalent to "ControlClick" which send a clic to a window that isn't even active! and minimized if you want. MouseMove will actually move the cursor on your screen, I want to emulate that to that window, not to actually move it! Controlclick can do that, but it only can "clic" which means send an "up / down". What I need is a slightly improved function that could send "Mousedown" (clic and stay clicked) ...just as AutoHotKey "ControlClick" function can do it (it's a parameter)

• Developers

I suggest you be more kind next time and less anthipatic.

I suggest next time you answer a thread you read the post entirely and not only the subject.

I suggest you, yourself read the help file.

May I suggest to you to show a little less attitude around here.

You haven't demonstrate much here other than being lazy so think the comment was pretty valid.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

MouseClick("left", x, y)

That's the same as below

MouseMove(x, y)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")

Except that with MouseClick you have more options (such as clicks to perform, speed of the click(s)).

Edited by megablox

"The story of a blade is linked in Blood." 

―Yasuo

May I suggest to you to show a little less attitude around here.

You haven't demonstrate much here other than being lazy so think the comment was pretty valid.

Being lAZY ?,, what the hell? I've been using autoit for years! I've read that dumb helpfile numerous tims but YOU are obviously NOT reading me !?

MouseDown DOESNT even have a process Id to send the Mousedown event that I need !

It just clic the mouse where it is as if you were doing it with your finger but that isn't what I asked and the topic of this thread !

Oh god... I'll do it autohotkey since it does it and not autoit and YES I've been searching for hours (thus I found this) and you have not the right to say i'm lazy.

I was searching for help... I guess I didn't find what I expected but arrogant peopple not even reading me.

and megablox ..please answer a topic if you actually read it, read answers to it, understand it and know a possible answer because you obviously didn't again, even after my previous post... I'm tired explaining..it's useless you don't read. MouseClick or MouseDown are for noobs and useless since they take real contreol on the mouse so you can only do one thing ._.

Edited by Norman777

Norman777, it appears what you're asking about is getting it to do a drag + drop action in the background.

On Windows, that would be impossible (or very close to it) anyway, seeing as it would require a drag + drop (which Windows automatically changes your focus to anyway, and if you try to focus back you can't put it on the target), and it would require it to happen without it necessarily being visible on the monitor. The only way I can think of doing this is by somehow emulating an area off the screen where you can move the windows to, and then perform a drag + drop, then move the windows back the where they originally were, while re-focusing the main window afterwards.

I don't think Windows allows you to do drag + drop actions without having the origin in view for starting the drag, and the target in view for the drop (obviously - what's it called a drop for? =.=).

Also, you didn't actually make it clear that you needed it to be in the background until post #4, and anyway, I'd recommend you don't flame those that try to help you, as that could mean you don't get help again.

Also, I don't see how MouseClick and MouseDown are for noobs - Drag and drop, to my understanding, is impossible without focus.

• Developers

very professionnal, very kind. Not reading people, not understanding them, and defending a noob that think is clever because he knows at to use noob functions.

Unbelievable.

Correct and I will not tolerate little pricks like you that are judgmental and to stupid to answer without being insulting.

You now better start writing in a normal generally accepted fashion or I will ban your stupid ass.

.. lets see if you now understand what I mean..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Norman777, it appears what you're asking about is getting it to do a drag + drop action in the background.

On Windows, that would be impossible (or very close to it) anyway, seeing as it would require a drag + drop (which Windows automatically changes your focus to anyway, and if you try to focus back you can't put it on the target), and it would require it to happen without it necessarily being visible on the monitor. The only way I can think of doing this is by somehow emulating an area off the screen where you can move the windows to, and then perform a drag + drop, then move the windows back the where they originally were, while re-focusing the main window afterwards.

I don't think Windows allows you to do drag + drop actions without having the origin in view for starting the drag, and the target in view for the drop (obviously - what's it called a drop for? =.=).

Also, you didn't actually make it clear that you needed it to be in the background until post #4, and anyway, I'd recommend you don't flame those that try to help you, as that could mean you don't get help again.

Also, I don't see how MouseClick and MouseDown are for noobs - Drag and drop, to my understanding, is impossible without focus.

finally someone that understand the topic... well, "to your understanding" ...ok.. that won't prevent me from finding if it's true or not.. and about the "you didn't actually make it clear", you too, didn't even read my first post , because I clearly state the window isn't active and reduced an hasn't the focus..

Edited by Norman777

• Developers

finally someone that understand the topic... well, "to your understanding" ...ok.. that won't prevent me from finding if it's true or not.. and about the "you didn't actually make it clear", you too, didn't even read my first post , because I clearly state the window isn't active and reduced..

I am done with your insulting posting behavior. You get 3 days posting ban to rethink your strategy when you decide to come back.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

finally someone that understand the topic... well, "to your understanding" ...ok.. that won't prevent me from finding if it's true or not.. and about the "you didn't actually make it clear", you too, didn't even read my first post , because I clearly state the window isn't active and reduced an hasn't the focus..

A ) Reduced? What? In English, that means made smaller or less... So I assume you mean minimized?

B ) You never said keep it inactive - what you said made it sound as if you just needed a script that would click on it, even if it's not already focused, and then do a drag and drop.

Also, MegaBlox isn't a noob... =

Edited by Throne3d