SciTE Customization GUI -- [03/04/2017]

jaberwacky

Not having much luck so far.

It may be clever code, but it is badly formatted and messy as hell, with many variables not declared.

Reminds me of why I've only done the minimal updating.

I discovered that filenames were in wrong case as well, though Windows/AutoIt seems to cope with that.

EDIT

I've given up (certainly for tonight), there is obviously something at play that I don't understand, and for some reason the icon library file (.icl) is not being parsed or read correctly. I've varied the numbers both positively and negatively, and nothing changes. I used variables instead of the magic number, though it should equate to the same thing. Tomorrow, I might extract the icons and have them applied individually and see what happens.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

When I run the .au3 and move my mouse then this line will fail with @error 1.

$cursorInfo = GuiGetCursorInfo()

Not sure what @error 1 is supposed to mean here.

I fixed the undeclared and unused and general formatting but it still needs work: attachment=45920:GuiBuilder.au3

dl: 14

Edited by jaberwacky

Can we open new topic for GuiBuilder.au3 ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

When I run the .au3 and move my mouse then this line will fail with @error 1.

$cursorInfo = GuiGetCursorInfo()

Not sure what @error 1 is supposed to mean here.

Yep, that caused me to go back to that earlier version of AutoIt to run the au3.

I have tried to detect the icon issue, and compiled it a dozen times at least with all sorts of variations, even fixing a little of the formatting and globalizing some variables, especially some undeclared ones. I even gave it some INI entries so I could adjust things on the fly without the need to recompile every time, as I'm going back and forth between my Win XP and Win 7 machines.

The script is such a mess though and a real mind-bender to a hobbyist like me.

It has an absurd mix of Dim, Global and Local declarations all over the place.

No doubt all Dims probably need to become Global, and all Globals placed at the start of the script.

AutoIt has changed a lot since the inception of GUIBuilder, so there is certain to be some function etc that does things differently.

It really needs to be tidied up and all variable declarations and external functions checked.

Oops, just noticed the content of your other reply.

I fixed the undeclared and unused and general formatting but it still needs work:

Will check it out.

Can we open new topic for GuiBuilder.au3 ?

Anyone has always been welcome to do that.

It has had other topics and off-shoot topics for it in the past, including mine (?), but they are all pretty old now.

EDIT

I had to add 20 to GUI width plus 10 for height, and add 10 to the left plus 5 to top for GuiCtrlCreateRadio to get the menus to line up correctly on my Win 7 (6.1 in reality) machine, and look a bit better.

$toolbar = GuiCreate("Choose Control Type", 170, 420, 10, @DesktopHeight/2-175, 0x00C00000, -1, $main)

$type[$i] = GUICtrlCreateRadio("foo", 10 + ($col * 50), 5 + ($row * 50), 50, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE + $BS_ICON)

I noticed that $type was declared twice, once in a Global scope and then again in Local for a different purpose. In my latest version, not shown above, I changed all $type[$i] and similar to $contype[$i].

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

I've had some success and managed to fix some things so GuiBuilder au3 will now run in v3.3.0.0.

(the version linked to in Post #163 above, did not work for me, still had cursor error, now fixed, etc)

Need to do a little more, then I will test on WIN 7.

Just had to reboot the XP PC so a little holdup, which is why I'm typing this.

The cursor issue was fixed by making the following line relevant to the correct GUI, instead of not having it assigned to either.

$cursorInfo = GuiGetCursorInfo($main)

There was a magic number, that also made a control ID way into the negatives, so caused a crash when a control was clicked. So I changed the magic number to 13, and they all now work.

$CurrentType = $tip[$ref-4101]  ;the magic number!
; is now
 $CurrentType = $tip[$ref-13]  ;the magic number!

I may have fixed the Icon issue, but not yet tested on WIN 7, by using the following

GUICtrlSetImage(-1, @ScriptDir & "\iconSet.icl", -($i + 1))

I also had an issue with setting properties (control text), but I had nearly finished checking my fix for that when the PC needed to be rebooted. Seems there was just an error that I'm at a loss to explain how it worked for most controls as it was ... probably AutoIt was just more forgiving in earlier versions.

EDIT

Had no luck with icons again, and to top that off, no controls are saved in template or GUI au3 files.

No more time to play right now, until probably tomorrow, so here's what I've got to so far, which others can work on if they wish.

GuiBuilder.au3

P.S. I'm thinking the icons may be wrong resolution for WIN 7? They need to be extracted and tested, etc.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

As mLipok said, I think we should start a new topic for GuiBuilder.

Spoiler

userbar.png

So maybe Melba23 can split this topic ?

Of course if @jaberwacky confirm my sugestion .

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• 1 month later...

I tried your program today and it is very good. I got a theme that is very easy on my old eyes but when I activated SciTEJump in SciTE Editor it says file doesn't exist.

Never had that happen before. I tried SciTEHopper and it said can not open file. What happened?

REB

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

I hate to say this but I have no clue how these scripts are related.  The only thing SCG does to SciTE is write properties to the SciTEUser.properties file.  It overwrites tidy.ini.  Try erasing everything that SCG writes to SciTEUSer.properties.  Restart SciTE.  Then try SciTEJump again.  If the problem goes away then I'll start studying possible causes.

Edit: Being a numbskull it took a minute to realize that I could do the same.  I did.  SciTEJump works now.  So I'll look into it.  Thanks!

Edit2: Issue seems to be related to property title.full.path.  If title.full.path=1 then SciTEJump works.  If title.full.path=0 however SciTEJump seems to change the setting to 1, but it seems as though a refresh isn't being done to SciTE. Becuase if I go back to the properties file and press ctrl+s then rerun SciTEJump,  it works.  I think this might be an issue with SciTEJump.

Edited by jaberwacky

When I use any of the themes that are included SciTeJump works fine. :)  When I load a theme that I renamed and saved SciteJump does not work. :

I changed some colors and typed in a name and clicked the save button. Did I do something wrong with my modified Theme?

REB

edit

changing title.full.path=1 did not work for me.

Edited by reb

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

That's weird because I can change title.full.path to 0 then start SciTEJump and it won't work.  Then close out of SciTEJump, change title.full.path to 1 then restart SciTEJump, and it works.  I did what you said, changed a few colors, changed the name, none of that had an effect.

Edit2: Issue seems to be related to property title.full.path.  If title.full.path=1 then SciTEJump works.  If title.full.path=0 however SciTEJump seems to change the setting to 1, but it seems as though a refresh isn't being done to SciTE. Becuase if I go back to the properties file and press ctrl+s then rerun SciTEJump,  it works.  I think this might be an issue with SciTEJump.

edit

changing title.full.path=1 did not work for me.

I changed title.full.path=0 and it did work for me. You had me going for a while but you did point me in the right direction.

thank you very much.

REB

MEASURE TWICE - CUT ONCE

• 4 months later...

SciTE4AutoIt3 tab -> AutoIt3 Directory Settings:

when I click the "Select" button for "User Includes" and press cancel it clears the list. Further on restart the combo box is empty.

In the previous SciTE version it was possible for autocomplete function to show the all used variables when adding a function parameter.

E.g.when I type GUICtrlCreatePic( it shows me the parameters for that function but when I start typing the 1st parameter starting with $ I don't get the variable list displayed. I've to press the ESC key to remove the function description and get the variables listed.

Thanks.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing - jaberwacky

My pleasure.  Thanks for using SCG!

SciTE4AutoIt3 tab -> AutoIt3 Directory Settings:

when I click the "Select" button for "User Includes" and press cancel it clears the list. Further on restart the combo box is empty.

In the previous SciTE version it was possible for autocomplete function to show the all used variables when adding a function parameter.

E.g.when I type GUICtrlCreatePic( it shows me the parameters for that function but when I start typing the 1st parameter starting with $ I don't get the variable list displayed. I've to press the ESC key to remove the function description and get the variables listed.

Thanks.

I will look into the user includes issue.  The SciTE thing though, did SCG cause that?  If not then that's outside of my realm.  Thanks for the report and for using SCG!

Edit, I think I see the issue.  The tooltip stays in place and doesn't disappear to allow the variable list to display.  I've noticed that, but I'm not sure if it's something with SciTE, SciTE4AutoIt3, or with the way SCG sets some SciTE property.

Edited by jaberwacky

Sorry jaberwacky but I didn't want to say that your script caused the issues - rather a help request.

If you cannot help because out of your scope - no problem for me.

Thanks.

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ