SciTE Customization GUI -- [03/04/2017]

jaberwacky

Fixed the User Include selection bugs reported by UEZ.  Thanks!

I don't think I can help out with the tooltip thing.  We'll have to see if anyone else has the same problem, both users and non-users of SCG.

See OP for details.

Thanks seems to be fixed now. When I've selected an user includes path and saved it but after restart the path is only available in the combo list but not selected. This is irritating because it associates that it is saved properly.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Hmmm, how many user include paths can be used? I think only one, thus an input box should be enough, shouldn't it?

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I found this "bug" -- if you could call it that.

My Windows user uses the character "é" in its name. This seems to cause problems for SCG.

Don't know if it's going to be of any use, but here is the error I get when I (for example) click 'Save Theme As'.

Line 27689 (File "C:\temp\SciTe Customization GUI\SciTe Customization GUI.exe"): Error: Variable must be of type "Object".

This frustrated me for a while, but just now I figured I'd try copying the '.SciTEConfig' created by SCG, rename it and replace it with 'SciTEUser.properties' in my profile, manually. And it works!

Just wanted to share this in case it hasn't been brought up before.

Love both the original SciTe Config and SCG, though! :D - So thanks for making and sharing this!

Edited by Yuljup

Updated!

1) Versions and Directories will now put the version numbers of either individual programs or all of the programs into the clipboard for easy pasting into the AutoIt3 help  forum.
2) The update checker for AutoIt production, beta, and SciTE4Au3 has been fixed and improved.

3) Credits and changelog are now available as a file menu item.

Edited by jaberwacky
added latest changes

Thanks , good stuff.
There is a color for "+", ">", etc., in themes but "---" is missing. Could you add it.

Edit: also, since most files are not compiled now, reading #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion= could show the version of the utilities in "Versions and Directories"

Thanks.

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I just pointed you to this thread 10 minutes ago. You cannot possibly have read through the thread and tried the examples given already. Rather than expecting someone do all the work for you, why not start at the first post in this thread, try out what jaberwacky gives as examples, and then - if you're still having a problem - actually post what you have tried and what you're having a problem with?

BTW, see here for how to post so you actually get assistance ("read before posting" is even in the title).

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you for fast Reply What I did at first Post was Follow the instruction

1) create the file named 'Twilight.SciTEConfig' in the 'SciTEConfig' folder found in the SciTE folder of your AutoIt installation
2) fire up SciTE and press 'Ctrl+1'
3) select the 'Color Settings' tab
4) click 'New Scheme'
5) select 'Twilight' from the drop down list
6) finally, click 'Update'

Im stuck at SciTEConfig Because It doesnt exist in my Scite Folder So I created one and saved Twilight.SciTEConfig using NotePad
"Ctrl+1" I dont see anything happen by pressing it.

At this link 

I read but I couldnt See Where to find those files their talking. I Downloaded the files and Run, clicked on save nothing happen I click Reload And it keep on loading my cursor.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, senatin said:

Thank you for fast Reply What I did at first Post was Follow the instruction

1) create the file named 'Twilight.SciTEConfig' in the 'SciTEConfig' folder found in the SciTE folder of your AutoIt installation
2) fire up SciTE and press 'Ctrl+1'
3) select the 'Color Settings' tab
4) click 'New Scheme'
5) select 'Twilight' from the drop down list
6) finally, click 'Update'

Im stuck at SciTEConfig Because It doesnt exist in my Scite Folder So I created one and saved Twilight.SciTEConfig using NotePad
"Ctrl+1" I dont see anything happen by pressing it.

At this link 

I read but I couldnt See Where to find those files their talking. I Downloaded the files and Run, clicked on save nothing happen I click Reload And it keep on loading my cursor.

For future reference, this ^^^^^^^^^ is what you should have included in your first post. Goes a lot farther toward helping us help you than "tell me where I should go?" ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 months later...

Hi jaberwacky,

I recently ran a copy of your 'SciTE Customization GUI' whilst trying to update and deal with a few install problems with AutoIt3 and Scite4AutoIt3. I notice that SCG appears to intercept some of the default behavior of Scite Config. I would like to remove SCG for now and so I can get a clean AutoIt3 and Scite4AutoIt3 install.

Q. Does 'SciTE Customization GUI' Add to the registry or change any of the default AutoIt3 and Scite4AutoIt3 install settings. If so do you have a list of any altered settings so that I can clean up before attempting a clean install.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

"Writing code to carry out an intended set of tasks is relatively easy.
Writing code to carry out ONLY an intended set of tasks, well that can be a little more challenging."

Alex Maddern