Questions to ask

I'm just a newbie in AutoIt

If u have time, I wanna ask 3 things

1/ How to make a repeat loop until we press ESC

2/ Is it possible to copy any line in a window? Can we find and copy a line start with "something" For eg: I wanna copy a line in a webpage start with "There". By using mouse control??.

3/ Paste what I just copy to a Notepad window.

• Moderators

Hi, amcutp, welcome to the forum. The answer to all of your questions is a resounding yes! Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Help file; it will be your best friend in the AutoIt world. Regarding your questions, take a look at these topics:

1. How to make a repeat loop until we press ESC - Check out the topics for HotKeySet in the help file.

2. Is it possible to copy any line in a window? Can we find and copy a line start with "something" For eg: I wanna copy a line in a webpage start with "There". By using mouse control??. - Check out FileRead for reading from a file, or _IEBodyReadText for reading from a web page.

3. Look at Send for pasting what you find into a Notepad document.

Try these out and let us know how you do. If you get stuck, feel free to post your code here and we'll do our best to help :oops:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!