Issues with _clipPutFile()

Hi Folks!

I need some help please.

Currently i got some weird issues with _ClipPutFile();

Case $b_clipboard
   local $selVersion = GuiCtrlRead($l_version)
   local $selProduct = GuiCtrlRead($l_product)
   local $selBuild = GuiCtrlRead($l_build)

msgbox(0,"create path", _createPath($selVersion, $selProduct, $selBuild))

_ClipPutFile(_createPath($selVersion, $selProduct, $selBuild))

msgbox(0,"",ClipGet())

if @error then msgbox(16,"error", @error)

_createPath makes the path to the target exe file which has to be copied. The path is correct, as it shows correct in the 1st msgbox.

After i call _clipPutFile with the target exe, it returns some weird path. And i can't paste it where i want. The error does not throw anything.

The msgbox with ClipGet shows this:

Posted Image

Sorry i had to mask the filenames.

The target was on a network drive, so the first letter with the drive is missing as some chars from the filename. Also at the exe file on the end its missing some chars.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Perhaps the filename is at fault, plus when someone has something to hide it always looks suspicious. Please provide some reproducible code as currently you just have snippet of code that is using your custom functions.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Perhaps the filename is at fault, plus when someone has something to hide it always looks suspicious. Please provide some reproducible code as currently you just have snippet of code that is using your custom functions.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. The Filename isnt faulty, because the 1st message box shows it correct. Unfortunately i can't show the code because its a tool for my company and i can't share the company secrets with you :oops:

I'll try to make a simple script to put it on. In between if someone has an idea, im glad to hear.

Thanks

I'll save you the trouble...

This works for me, so if it doesn't work for you then there is more to your code than meets the eye.

#include <Misc.au3>

Local $iReturn = _ClipPutFile(@ScriptFullPath) ; Example from the Help File.
If Not $iReturn Then
    MsgBox(4096, "_ClipPutFile() call Failed", "@error = " & @error)
Else
    MsgBox(4096, "_ClipPutFile()", "Content of Clipboard:" & @CRLF & ClipGet())
EndIf

thanks for your answer. The Filename isnt faulty, because the 1st message box shows it correct. Unfortunately i can't show the code because its a tool for my company and i can't share the company secrets with you

My response to this is why not test on another file that has nothing to do with your company's integrity. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I got an error 9? Helpfile shows errors only to 8 :oops:

Okay when i start this:

#Include <Array.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#Include <File.au3>
#Include <GuiListView.au3>
#Include <GuiButton.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIListBox.au3>
#Include <Misc.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
_ClipPutFile("C:UsersAleksanderDropboxPublicpixmodlist.JPG")
msgbox(0,"info", clipget())

it shows me:

Posted Image

What AutoIt Version are you using please?

UDF List:

I think updating will fix your issue, because I was checking the logs and it appears a lot has happened to that function. And I'll personally fix the issue with the documentation.

UDF List:

You're welcome. If you do have another support question always make sure you post the version of AutoIt you're using, I failed to ask at the start. Plus I've now fixed the undocumented error.

UDF List: