issue on a window

Ok guys,

I've attached the app that I'm working with. The app sucks because most of the dialogue or msgboxes have the same titlebar. F! :)

Take a look at the auto it info. That's all I get even if I hover the mouse to anywhere on the other attached gif file.

Classnames are all the same to for the messageboxes or dialog windows.

Any other ideas to differentiate it since all titlebar contains the same text, Rekon2000. :evil:

Thanks,

Ok guys,

I've attached the app that I'm working with. The app sucks because most of the dialogue or msgboxes have the same titlebar. F! :)

Take a look at the auto it info. That's all I get even if I hover the mouse to anywhere on the other attached gif file.

Classnames are all the same to for the messageboxes or dialog windows.

Any other ideas to differentiate it since all titlebar contains the same text, Rekon2000. :evil:

Thanks,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might want to try using the advanced mode of the WinTitleMatchMode. If you set the option to 4 then you could interact with the windows using their classname instead of the title. If i'm not mistaken then the ClassNameNN is what you are looking at and should be different for every window. For more information check out the following sections.

+Using AutoIt

|----Window Titles and Text (Advanced)

|----===Mode 4

+Misc. Functions

|----AutoItSetOption

|----===WinTitleMatchMode

Hope that helps.

-Aaron

Edited by dumdum8684

You might want to try using the advanced mode of the WinTitleMatchMode. If you set the option to 4 then you could interact with the windows using their classname instead of the title. If i'm not mistaken then the ClassNameNN is what you are looking at and should be different for every window. For more information check out the following sections.

+Using AutoIt

|----Window Titles and Text (Advanced)

|----===Mode 4

+Misc. Functions

|----AutoItSetOption

|----===WinTitleMatchMode

Hope that helps.

-Aaron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have used advanced mode however, the classnameNN always shows the same for the child window. It actually works, however, I'm not able to get or pull anything inside that child window. When you said interact, were you just talking about matching string using classname=someclass rather than the title of the window?

I have used advanced mode however, the classnameNN always shows the same for the child window. It actually works, however, I'm not able to get or pull anything inside that child window. When you said interact, were you just talking about matching string using classname=someclass rather than the title of the window?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interact as in Close,Activate,Minimize, etc.

If you want text from a specific field then you could try the using the Controls functions. They are listed in the controls section of the windows management. If you hover over the field that you want with the AutoIt Window Info you can get the control ID.

-Aaron

Interact as in Close,Activate,Minimize, etc.

If you want text from a specific field then you could try the using the Controls functions. They are listed in the controls section of the windows management. If you hover over the field that you want with the AutoIt Window Info you can get the control ID.

-Aaron

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the problem. That's what I was telling on the other thread that even if I hover the mouse over the text, I don't get any response from AutoIt WIndow Info and neither Spy++ from visual studio.