SciTE4AutoIt3 next version - which tools should remain included?

Jos

Which tools should be in SciTE4AutoIt3?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. GAfrost Snippet holder

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. guinness SciTEJump

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. cvsWrapper (Currently a separate download)

• Yes
    • No

• Developers

I have decided to remove the following tools from the next version of SciTE4AutoIt3 installer due to lack of development/interest:

• FuncPopup
  • AutoItMacroGenerator
I like to know if people are using the tools in the poll to see if I (still) should put these in the installer or leave it to individual to install it when they want to use it.

I am Planning to release a new version toward the end of this month containing many changes on top of the new SciTE3.04 release.

Cheers,

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• FuncPopup
  • AutoItMacroGenerator
I never used any of them and to be honest, don't even know what they're about. I guess I should seek medical advice/cure unless that's due to age.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• Developers

• FuncPopup
  • AutoItMacroGenerator
I never used any of them and to be honest, don't even know what they're about. I guess I should seek medical advice/cure unless that's due to age.

No need for any doctor... if you never used hem you clearly won't miss them in the next version. :oops:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

snippet holder i do use quite frequently and it's handy to have it on the tools menu.

scite jump i've never even looked at and in fact it's not in my current version as far as i know.

cvswrapper is one i don't use but since it's a separate download anyway you should be able to tell if the number of downloads justifies it's existence.

func popup - i usually forget that it's even there so it doesn't matter to me.

autoit macro generator - i think the only time i ever used it was back when it first became available and that was just for the sake of trying it out. I haven't used it since.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Seems not many of you guys use SVN or CVS to handle versioning and backups of all modifications made to your script sources. :oops:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

True, but then they really should want to have it installed as it integrates quite nicely with AutoIt3Wrapper and makes it possible to automatically commit changes each time the version is changes by using these directives:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=p
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_cvsWrapper=v
#AutoIt3Wrapper_cvsWrapper_Parameters=/Comments %fileversion%
AutoIt3wrapper will prompt to increase the fileversion and when replied with Yes, a Window is displayed where you can add the SVN commit comments for this version number. Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I don't really use any of those tools. Heck, if I need something, I have a basic idea and kludge my way through into operation anyway. Most of what I do with AutoIt is "simulated human" stuff anyway, not any of the advanced coding.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

I don't know if I am missing something or I am really the only one here using Windows 7 guys? :-] Jos please replace GaryFrost's code snippet with something which works in 64bit OS. Like Thank you.

I am not sure if there is an alternative to SciteJump now. SciteHopper which I used before now seems to stop searching. SciteJump is good but I am not really OK with its continuous CPU usage. I cannot just forget and let it run because it seems to be affecting performance when I am not developing and play some game instead for example :oops: On the other hand it is much better then SciteHopper whic seems to be using one whole cpu core...but maybe it is some bug in my OS...Also I would really like guiness to implement the new features I suggested. Thanks

Also I would really like guinness to implement the new features I suggested. Thanks

I looked back through all your suggestions you personally made in the SciTE Jump thread and they've been added, but of course this is a separate download right now due to SciTE4AutoIt containing an old release. I will look at the CPU usage as this is something that I haven't noticed on Windows 7 x64.

Sorry for hijacking this thread Jos, just needed to clarify.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I do have SciteJump from your download link and now I see you added alphabetical sorting. That is usefull, but you forgot the other usefull thing I asked for: when you have multiple source files which are being compiled together and you are unsure where the func is, you type it into the Inputbox, don't find it, but after switching to another open file, you have to type the string again. If it remained there and was searched automatically after you switch files it would save some time (at least for me:) This would be nice to add if possible

Edited by LoWang

• Developers

Jos please replace GaryFrost's code snippet with something which works in 64bit OS. Like Thank you.

I will only include something that I can depend upon being maintained at this moment. I am planning to remove the currnt version of Snippet holder and you can replace it with whatever you feel is appropriate.

I am not sure if there is an alternative to SciteJump now.

I am not looking for an alternative for SciTEJump, merely want to know if it is widely used and justifies the inclusion in the standard installer.

I haven't forgotten your other thread where you complained about SciTE and looking for an alternative because you were not able to differentiate between "SciTE the editor" and the extra utilities that come with the installer.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am planning to remove the currnt version of Snippet holder and you can replace it with whatever you feel is appropriate.

:bye::oops:

now all i have to do is figure out how to add it back into the tools menu. the snippet holder and tidy are the only 2 on that menu that i use at all.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

:bye::oops:

now all i have to do is figure out how to add it back into the tools menu. the snippet holder and tidy are the only 2 on that menu that i use at all.

You know I will help some folks anytime ... no worries :doh:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I haven't forgotten your other thread where you complained about SciTE and looking for an alternative because you were not able to differentiate between "SciTE the editor" and the extra utilities that come with the installer.

Jos

I meant SciTE the package of editor and tools, but maybe I did not write it very clear. My question if I can download SciTE separatelly was actually off topic. That is good you haven't forgotten, because I have replied there something yet if you have nerves to read it :oops: Edited by LoWang

• Developers

I meant SciTE the package of editor and tools, but maybe I did not write it very clear. My question if I can download SciTE separatelly was actually off topic. That is good you haven't forgotten, because I have replied there something yet if you have nerves to read it :oops:

I have seen it. Just like to keep things as clear as possible.

ps: OP stands for the Original Poster. :bye:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.