Using a Variable And Text File To Control The Output <Possible?>

Hi,

I'm kind of new to AutoIt3, and was wondering if this could be done:

A function that defines a variable as 1-40. The variable is then used by the program to define what image to draw.

For example, if the variable was 27, the image to be drawn would be 27.

Also, while I'm posting:

Does AutoIt3 have the ability to read custom files in a certain way? Example:

01 #sometext

OR

01=sometext

And after it reads, can it do based on what it read? Like write "sometext" or "sometext" function?

To sum it up, I'm looking for AutoIt3 to be able to get a random number 1-40 from a function, read that variable number from a text file, read the sometext on the number's line, then do sometext's function. A variable that defines the name of the function. With the function to follow up with the picture to be drawn.

Is this possible? :oops:

Edited by BlazingInferno

To get a random number between 1 and 40 use

$iRandom = Random(1, 40, 1)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Is the number in the File the linenumber?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

To get a random number between 1 and 40 use

$iRandom = Random(1, 40, 1)

Yes, I have that part. It's just that I don't know how to do the rest.. :oops:

Is the number in the File the linenumber?

It doesn't matter to me. If it's easier to read the linenumber, then so be it. So I'm assuming the "sometext" has to be on line 14 if it wants to be read by variable 14.

Here's a snip of the coding:

Func Draw()
$draw = Random( 1, 40, 1) ; 1-40 with 0n when 9-
    ; Nothing Here
EndFunc
Edited by BlazingInferno

To read a specific line of a file use

$sResult = FileReadLine("C:temp.txt", $draw)
$aTemp = StringSplit($sResult, "=") ; every line has the format number=text. Split at the =
Call($aTemp[2]) ; Call the function

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I changed the variables a little, but now I don't have a result. As if the process terminated before the function could be called.

Func Draw()
$draw = Random( 1, 9, 1) ; 1-9 with 0n when 9-
    $card = FileReadLine("Z:temp.txt", $draw) ; File with format "number=text"
    $getcard = StringSplit($card, "=") ; Split at the = so "text" is seperated
    Call($getcard[2]) ; Call the function
EndFunc

Func one()
    MsgBox(32, "Sucess!", $getcard[2])
    sleep(3000)
    Exit
EndFunc

Func two()
    MsgBox(32, "Sucess!", $getcard[2])
    sleep(3000)
    Exit
EndFunc

With the temp.txt contents:

01=one

02=two

03=three

04=four

05=five

Edited by BlazingInferno

Can you post the part of your script where you call function "Draw"?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Can you post the part of your script where you call function "Draw"?

So you have to call all functions in autoit3. Ok, I thought it went down like a list. So should I add the Call before or after the Func to get it to work? I've tried Call(Draw) before the Func and that didn't seem to work.

water was referring to the section of code where you use Draw() and you don't have to use Call to 'call' a function. Please read the Help file about using Functions.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

To call a function just use something like

$Result = Functionname()

BTW: I think you should start reading the AutoIt docu to get a better understanding of how AutoIt works.

So you have to call all functions in autoit3. Ok, I thought it went down like a list.

if you do questions like this one will never pop up again :oops: Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki