Force closing InputBox

Hello friends,

I'm using HotKeySet("{ESC}", "MyExit") in my code to exit my script just by pressing ESC key.

I have noticed that if I have an inputbox waiting for some input text, even if I press ESC, my script still waits until the inputbox has been closed by OK button, after text has been entered, or by Cancel, and only then the ESC command will be executed, exiting the script.

Is there a way to force closing inputbox, by pressing ESC, when it is still waiting for text to be entered? (I cannot use Cancel button because I already use it to jump to the next input box in my script).

Thanks in advance for any reply

• Moderators

Automax, the help file is your FRIEND. One of the parameters for InputBox (as well as MsgBox) is the timeout feature:

"How many seconds to wait before automatically cancelling the InputBox."

If you need the InputBox to time out if there is no input, this is the easiest way to accomplish it.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

maby to make your own custom input box with GUI commands?

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.