FileGetTime and FileGetSize errors against some system exe's

Hello,

I'm trying use the FileGetTime and FileGetSize functions against some Windows system executables. The functions work for some of the files but an error is returned for others. I can't think why.

For example, the code below works for svchost.exe works but returns an error for conhost.exe.

Msgbox(0, "svchost", FileGetTime("C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe", 0, 1) & " error:" & @error)
Msgbox(0, "conhost", FileGetTime("C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe", 0, 1) & " error:" & @error)

I'm running v3.3.6.1 on Windows 7.

Please can someone explain why this is happening.

Thanks.

I'm running the latest version of AutoIt (V3.3.8.1) and I didn't get an error on Windows 7 x64.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks guinness. The x64 in your reply reminded of something. Have just tried messing about with my compiler options and it works if I select x64 instead of x86. I can't remember why, but there was some reason in the past why I had to recompile all my scripts as 32 bit. Anyway, at least I know how to get it working now even if I don't fully understand why the properties for some modules are only returned if I run the script in 64 bit mode.

I would also recommend upgrading as the latest AutoIt has better x64 support especially in the UDFs e.g. now selecting a ListView item which correctly return the index.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Thanks Yashied.

Re @SystemDir, my sample bit a code was just to demonstrate the problem. My real code is following paths returned by the _ProcessListProperties UDF.

WOW64 system folder redirection explains it all (I didn't know about that). The modules I was having trouble with are not present in the SysWOW64 folder.

If I disable redirection e.g.

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1)

then it all works ok in 32 bit mode.

If you do use Yashied WinAPIEx.au3 then the function you're looking for is _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection, it's a great UDF to your collection.

UDF List:

• 1 year later...

hi,

i have the below coding to find the Size and name of the file, the file name displays  but filegettime function is not working, i have attached my window information. please help on this

thanks. 

$FileList = _FileListToArray($pat, "*.ERN", 1)
           Local $ar_FileList2D[uBound($FileList) ][4]post-80324-0-32770000-1371191464_thumb.j
          Global $ar_File[15][3]
;Local $ar_FileListnew2D[uBound($FileList) ][4]
           If @error = 1 Then
             MsgBox(0, "", "No FilesFolders Found.")
             Exit
           EndIf

For $q = 1 To UBound($FileList) - 1
    $ar_FileList2D[$q][0] = $FileList[$q]
    $ar_FileList2D[$i][2] = Round(FileGetSize($FileList[$i]) *1000/ 1048576, 2)
    local $i_posDot = StringInStr($FileList[$i], ".", 0, -1),$fgtime = "Unknown"
$fgtime = FileGetTime($FileList[$q],1)
    If @error <> 1 Then $ar_FileList2D[$q][1] = $fgtime[0] & "-" & $fgtime[1] & "-" & $fgtime[2]  ;~   if $i_InternationalDateF then
    If $i_posDot Then $ar_FileList2D[$i][3] = StringMid($FileList[$i], $i_posDot + 1)
Next

_ArrayDisplay($ar_FileList2D, "$FileList")