How to execute automation process for installation in background?

PRM

I have two virtual machine's and i want my auto-installation to be happen automatically in background,

even if i minimize that particular VM, it should complete installation.

How to do this?

If I keep my VM on then automation process works smoothly but advantages provided by this method are less.

If i ll able to work on another VM while installation is happening on other virtual machine then that is more efficient.

What do you exactly do? How does your script look like?

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I have done automation of installation process like using ControlClick() and MouseClick().

Now if I remain on same VM the installation process completes successfully but if I move to other VM

while auto installation going on then it haults that step at which I left that VM.

I want that even if i leave that VM it should complete installation process.

Are you sure that there is still a "Desktop/window" for Autoit?

What do you mean by leaving the VM? The VM still runs in the background?

Autoit commands like MouseClick need the window to work. Only Control... commands really do work on minimized/hidden windows and so on.

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Yes right leaving window is minimizing it....

Is there any way to automate this in background?

i have used MouseMove(),MouseClick and ControlClick()..

Is it possible in my case?

No, your MouseMove commands will fail on a minimized window. You need to use Control.... commands instead.

Even better would be (if possible) : Using paramters to install programs and so on.

• Moderators

Hi, PRM. What application are you installing, and what type of VM (VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.)? As Xenobiologist mentioned above, MouseMove and other commands will not work when minimized. Even Control commands have an issue running in VM (a quirk of virtual machines, not of AutoIt); sometimes they will only execute if that particular VM window has the focus from the host. Most applications can be installed silently, without resorting to MouseMoves, which will allow them to run much better in the VM for you. If you can let us know what you are installing, we can help you get it working :oops:

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!