manipulating java frontend

Hey guys,

It's me again :) I also need to automate login to an application however, it's java based. We go to a website using internet explorer and we see the java app there or a thick applet. Unfortunately, my machine's java environment is hosed. Can AutoItv3 automate login and get the results after it has logged in?

Thanks,

Neil

Hey guys,

It's me again :) I also need to automate login to an application however, it's java based. We go to a website using internet explorer and we see the java app there or a thick applet. Unfortunately, my machine's java environment is hosed. Can AutoItv3 automate login and get the results after it has logged in?

Thanks,

Neil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have a look

here

[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8

have a look

here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi quaizywabbit,

Ok. More investigation. I went to the page and clicked on the link and found out that it was not running inside the web browser. It's a .jnlp file. Java Web Start 1.2 gets executed when this link is clicked.

Any ideas if autoit is able to populate the gui for this?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi quaizywabbit,

Ok. More investigation. I went to the page and clicked on the link and found out that it was not running inside the web browser. It's a .jnlp file. Java Web Start 1.2 gets executed when this link is clicked.

Any ideas if autoit is able to populate the gui for this?

Thanks,

Neil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you should be able to use the autoit window info to see if controls are visible. if it's a standalone app, they should be, if it's an applet you may have an issue. Even if the controls are not visible to window info because the form is being generated in an applet though, you should be able to automate it using specific coordinates, mouse clicks, and send() functions. control send is definitely the best way to make sure a form is being filled out the way you want, but it's not the ONLY way.