Send("{ENTER}") command not working in IE (Please Read First)

Hi All,

I believe this has been a known issue but my issue is a bit different. I have read similar posts about this but could not find a solution to my problem. Here is the issue:

• I have landed on a webpage on IE in which I wish to send the ENTER key via my script.
  • Please note that there is no other alternative to hit enter as as there is no link on the page which does the same work as the ENTER key. Even when I am not using the script, I HAVE TO press ENTER key to go to the next page.
  • I have tried ControlSend, WinWaitActive, Sleep, IELoadWait commands also but no go.
  • I have read somewhere that @SW_SHOWNORMAL can make the current window active and the SEND("{ENTER}") command works even though WinWaitActive does the same.

My question is that is there any other way to do it other than using the macro @SW_SHOWNORMAL?

If not, then how do I use this macro with my already created IE object. I need the syntax please as I have seen that this macro used with only Run commands until now. Please correct my understanding if I am wrong anywhere.

• Moderators

gauravkabra,

Please correct my understanding if I am wrong anywhere

Certainly. :bye:

Please read the bit in the Forum Rules where it says:

"Do not create a new topic on a subject if a previous topic on that subject was locked"

You have already been told that after discussion amongst the Mods your original thread was not going to be reopened. And I have already told you that it is very likely that this dialog cannot be automated for perfectly obvious reasons. :oops:

Take your time reading the rules - you will have fill 5 days before you can post again. And do not PM me to argue this time or that period will be extended. :doh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area