Scite Properties...

I Noticed you get a Menu in Scite for a bunch of programming languages in scite, like cpp.properties and quite a few more?

What is this used for? does this mean we can implement Code of that specific Language for functions in autoit? or what?

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

If you drop a 'supported' file by SciTE onto the SciTE GUI it will highlight the syntax accordingly. It also means you can implement a compiler, pre-compiler etc...this is what Jos does. Though personally I wouldn't start playing with ScITE4AutoIt3, even if you know what you're doing.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

It seems like you know a lot, tell me what would I need to Improve Koda? is there a source code open for download?

because I asked if someone could Update it, but people like to take offense and call me ungrateful... But I am not ungrateful, it just seems all the sections of Autoit and Scite are quite fully developed... well apparently not, but Koda seems to be behind a bit, Sure initiative is nice, with all the customs udfs for Tab Skins and so forth. Like really im nearly finished with my first end-user application its nearly 4000 Lines of Code and I am not really familiar with autoit, but autohotkey gave me a starting foundation and the code does its work properly by far, But yet my Gui lacks in "BEING PRETTY, PRETTY", so I have a few sideline projects that's not that time consuming, so I might as well try this, the only thing that could happen is, it could take time and it would be good for me to learn a different Language... I would rather devote my time to improving something that all could benefit from, there can be no fire without a spark... It would take a lot of time learning a new language like c++ or visual basic, when autoit is not that far behind.

Edited by ac1dm4nner

Autoit and Scite are quite fully developed... well apparently not

Koda isn't open source and with regards to being 'told off' with respect it's how you structure your sentence that makes all the difference (see the quote.) Koda is developed by Lazycat who's not only a MVP but a volunteer too, therefore they develop Koda for FREE and in their spare time. Many people are quick to point fingers that 'this and that' is bad, wrong and I'm never using it again, but fail to remember that the tools they get don't cost a penny. Koda is designed to bridge the gap of creating simple/complex GUIs in no time at all, if you start to create overly complex GUI's then of course this isn't Koda's fault, it's how you've designed the GUI. I personally don't use Koda all the time, because I've gown accustom to writing GUIs from the ground up. Though from time to time when I want to throw something together then I turn to Koda.

Plus 4000 lines does seem a little excessive when you consider you're still relatively new to AutoIt, I'm sure there is optimisation to be done on that code.

Edit: You weren't actually clear on what didn't work? If the problem is skinning UDFs aren't compatible with Koda then everyone will tell you this isn't Koda's problem or limitation. Skinning GUIs is up to the developer of the program not Koda.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

It seems like you know a lot, tell me what would I need to Improve Koda? is there a source code open for download?

because I asked if someone could Update it, but people like to take offense and call me ungrateful... But I am not ungrateful, it just seems all the sections of Autoit and Scite are quite fully developed...

I called you ungrateful because of the way you made the statement and think I was pretty clear about that. It surprises me you still seem to think you were not in that thread.

it just seems all the sections of Autoit and Scite are quite fully developed... well apparently not, but Koda seems to be behind a bit,

AutoIt3 has been developed here over many years and the same thing counts for Niel's SciTE. Not sure if it is clear to you, but SciTE is NOT our development and is a generic Editor that we took and I developed a Lexer for. We also added many seperate LUA scripts and utilities developed by me or others and I created an installer for that which I called SciTE4AutoIt3.

Like really im nearly finished with my first end-user application its nearly 4000 Lines of Code and I am not really familiar with autoit, but autohotkey gave me a starting foundation and the code does its work properly by far, But yet my Gui lacks in "BEING PRETTY, PRETTY", so I have a few sideline projects that's not that time consuming, so I might as well try this, the only thing that could happen is, it could take time and it would be good for me to learn a different Language... I would rather devote my time to improving something that all could benefit from, there can be no fire without a spark... It would take a lot of time learning a new language like c++ or visual basic, when autoit is not that far behind.

Seem you will be far "out of your comfort zone" when even considering development on tools like Koda, which again proves to me you have an opinion about something you clearly do not know much about yet. Koda will never make pretty GUI's as you as a developer need to do that yourself and Koda is a great too to place the controls at the right position without you have to do all the maths constantly. After that you are supposed to do the rest of the work as a developer.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

people my opinions doesn't matter in any way! I just would like to maybe do something that all could benefit from!! And Jos we all appreciate that you and all of the other devs are giving free tools away, but it's really time consuming to add a bunch of code to make my gui's pretty, im not here to argue or prove any point, id just like to help...

• Moderators

people my opinions doesn't matter in any way!

Truer words were never spoken. But then you had to keep talking and ruin the moment ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!