need help in some script

• Moderators

forever0donotknowme, you have been asked before NOT to PM people. Please don't do so again.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers

yah my sir i sent message that contain link for this topic to read and if you can help me here, it will be very good

We don't care why... just stop sending PMs to solicit help!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

You need to ask your question and then wait on the forum to answer you, NOT PM'ing people at random to bring them to your topic. The forum rules clearly state NOT to PM members. I now count at least three threads where Mods are warning you about not abiding by various rules.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

forever0donotknowme, you have been asked before NOT to PM people. Please don't do so again.

Aren't we just a wonderful snitch are we? I mean I don't mind the fact that you've reported me for miscellaneous infringements regarding the rules for the forum where moderators have to come in and tell you that no rules are being broken, but the majority of your activity here seems more like something melba23 would be doing, from my perspective you seem to meticulously crawl the autoit forums daily in a dead set perpetual mission to detect even the slightest slip-up or infringement and exercise the forums report button or publicly and vicious scold a user in a polite get-after-you kind of way regarding frivolous issues.

People PM me every once in a while and I usually just tell them to be careful with the PMing and who they are PMing because 1.) The Devs, MVPs and Mods deal with it a lot since they hold a position where attention to them is a little more concentrated due to their community status, this is the main reason I would assume they are most intolerant of users sending private messages because new users have a tendency to send private messages to users who most resemble the characteristics of a peacock, with attention-getting colorful badges or signatures which in turn feeds to the new users uncontrollable impulse to PM the peacocks instead of the seemingly less knowledgeable and less friendly appearing average user that doesn't parade around with the colorful feathers who in most cases is actually less threatening than the peacocks, which in reality should be more like a colorful dart frog from the amazons where the colors represent how lethal some creature has a potential to be; 2) There exists always that minority of forum moderator want-to-be class of a user that will go on and do what you do seemingly to make those in a higher position (peacocks) acknowledge that which you have done which in turn may possibly advance your chance at recognition when the time comes for a new moderator position by repetitively bombarding the cerebral cortex of the peacocks with the lingering memory of you hounding the forum seeking out wrong doers and delivering sweet sweaty salty justice like some kind of hybrid Batman/Dust Bunny on a mission to impress.

forever0donotknowme has provate messaged me before where I have told him to be careful of PMing a peacock or the sub-class described prior, he seemed to understand and stayed at that, but obviously he seems to have the attention span of the average gold fish, maybe we should just let him PM all he wants, it will be the death of him, just like a gold fish if you empty an entire bottle of gold fish food into a gold fish ball and let him be, the bastards are so dumb they'll eat till they literally pop, or so I've heard.. Maybe his fingers will pop and he'll bleed to death, no one knows.

• Moderators

Aren't we just a wonderful snitch are we? I mean I don't mind the fact that you've reported me for miscellaneous infringements regarding the rules for the forum where moderators have to come in and tell you that no rules are being broken, but the majority of your activity here seems more like something melba23 would be doing, from my perspective you seem to meticulously crawl the autoit forums daily in a dead set perpetual mission to detect even the slightest slip-up or infringement and exercise the forums report button or publicly and vicious scold a user in a polite get-after-you kind of way regarding frivolous issues.

I don't usually respond to this sort of petulant mewling, but want to clarify a couple of things.

Firstly, I don't recall having reported YOU specifically, although I have alerted the Mods to a couple of threads that, from my understanding of the forum rules, were in question. In the case where a Mod comes along and says that I am mistaken, I am fine with that. I claim no amount of perfection, and if I am mistaken then so be it.

Secondly, I peruse the forums because I enjoy the language, and do my bit to assist where I can. If i see something blatantly against the rules, then OF COURSE I'm going to report it. Just in my three years here, I have seen how the rules have to be enforced more aggressively because of those that ignore them. I don't aspire to take the job of any Mod, but I share (as anyone who has a true interest in the language should) their frustration with the script kiddies who would ruin it for everyone.

People PM me every once in a while and I usually just tell them to be careful with the PMing and who they are PMing because 1.) The Devs, MVPs and Mods deal with it a lot since they hold a position where attention to them is a little more concentrated due to their community status, this is the main reason I would assume they are most intolerant of users sending private messages because new users have a tendency to send private messages to users who most resemble the characteristics of a peacock, with attention-getting colorful badges or signatures which in turn feeds to the new users uncontrollable impulse to PM the peacocks instead of the seemingly less knowledgeable and less friendly appearing average user that doesn't parade around with the colorful feathers who in most cases is actually less threatening than the peacocks, which in reality should be more like a colorful dart frog from the amazons where the colors represent how lethal some creature has a potential to be; 2) There exists always that minority of forum moderator want-to-be class of a user that will go on and do what you do seemingly to make those in a higher position (peacocks) acknowledge that which you have done which in turn may possibly advance your chance at recognition when the time comes for a new moderator position by repetitively bombarding the cerebral cortex of the peacocks with the lingering memory of you hounding the forum seeking out wrong doers and delivering sweet sweaty salty justice like some kind of hybrid Batman/Dust Bunny on a mission to impress.

forever0donotknowme has provate messaged me before where I have told him to be careful of PMing a peacock or the sub-class described prior, he seemed to understand and stayed at that, but obviously he seems to have the attention span of the average gold fish, maybe we should just let him PM all he wants, it will be the death of him, just like a gold fish if you empty an entire bottle of gold fish food into a gold fish ball and let him be, the bastards are so dumb they'll eat till they literally pop, or so I've heard.. Maybe his fingers will pop and he'll bleed to death, no one knows.

Quite simply, I'm happy for you that you like PMs. I do not, especially when it is not the first time I have asked someone not to PM me. You don't know the content of the PM, or the frequency, and it really isn't for you to judge in any case. The rule against PMing is there for a reason, the fact that it can be considered harrassment is there for a reason, and I for one am happy It is. If someone sends me a PM and is not a jackass, I will usually respond in the PM with a request that they ask all questions in the forum so multiple people can assist. This was not the case here, so you are complaining about something that did not involve you, was not directed at you, and for which you have no understanding of the situation.

All that said, you are of course welcome to your opinion of both the situation and me personally. The wonderful thing is, neither of those matter ;). My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread; any future responses will be more on topic.

• Moderators

ApudAngelorum,

The PM rule is there for a very good reason - you obviously have no idea how many of the things the longer-term members of the forum get. As was pointed out above, the forum exists so that everyone can benefit from the replies - assisting via PM means that a particular resource is not available to anyone else, which is a shame as it is the sharing here that makes the community. I have absolutely no problem if you want help others who contact you by PM - but I also have absolutely no problem with those who make public their wish not to be so bothered and point to the Forum rules. ;)

And as to your ridiculous comments about "forum moderator want-to-be class of a user" - those of us who do police the forum are very glad of the assistance of the more sensible members in flagging up possible problem threads/posts. Otherwise the 3 of us who moderate on a regular basis would do nothing more in life than trawl through every post in every thread in every section. Remember that we are all volunteers - personally I have several other interests in my life and like to spend time on them too. And believe me, being a prolific reporter does not guarantee any future preference when it comes to "peacock" time - as you so quaintly put it. :D

Finally, might I suggest something? You have announced a couple of times lately that you have posted when "high" or "inebriated" - your post above has all the signs of yet another occasion. So a word to the wise - try not to post when you are in that condition. What you do to your own body is your affair - but when it starts interfering in the smooth running of the forum it becomes mine. I hope that is a clear enough hint. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

i do not know what is wrong im my script that is existing in attached files and not work same hidedrv.exe

The problem with your script is it's empty. To save someone some time (and worry). This is the script (the WHOLE thing)

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 AutoIt Version: 3.3.6.1
 Author:         myName
 Script Function:
 Template AutoIt script.
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Script Start - Add your code below here

The OP has a track record of consistently regurgitating a flurry of similar difficult (if not impossible) to decipher threads, I think it does it on purpose, maybe it's trolling us, I don't know but we all saw what was in his precious file and most of us left...

But by the context of its initial post, it looks as if the user might be trying to hide the script from something which seems a litle sketchy.

• Moderators

forever0donotknowme,

This thread is now way off-topic and serves no useful purpose.

If you still want help on this project, start a new topic with a clear explanation of what you are trying to do and a script to show what you have done so far. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area