Scanning included files

Hi, my friend ask me a question about Autoit and I did not know the answer, :oops:

Lets say that a compiled script use the function FilInstall() to include encrypted and non encrypted files.

Is It possible that third party scanner can be able to search for files that was included inside the compiled script?

For example, scanning to find included encrypted files.

Be Green Now or Never (BGNN)!

Your comments are very appreciated:)

Sanfords,

Not a good first post. You are on Mod preview to see if you continue like this. If you are a bot (as I think you might well be) then we stop you spamming - if you are a human then we stop more stupid posts like this. We win either way! :oops:

M23

Edited by Melba23

• Moderators

lsakizada,

As far as I know the files are encrypted and compressed in the compiled exe so they are not readily visible. A determined hacker could probably get them fairly easily, but a simple hex editor will not show them in plaintext. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks Melba23 for the reply.

Is there any example how easy they can find them?

and any idea how to prevent explicitly extraction action (by not using the FileInstall function.)?

Edited by lsakizada

Be Green Now or Never (BGNN)!

• Moderators

lsakizada,

If the hacker is determined enough and has enough skill, nothing you code is safe - regardless of the language, encryption level or anything else. :bye:

You (or your friend) need to ask yourself if what you are trying to protect is worth the time and effort of the hacker to extract it. If the answer is "Yes" then I would suggest that AutoIt is not the language to use in any event - and certainly not if you FileInstall files as they are extracted at run-time and very easy to get at. If the answer is "No" then I would stop worrying as the FileInstalled files are not easily visible by a curious user.

So it is, as always, up to you and how much protection you want your data to have - and that is determined by what it is you are trying to protect. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi, my friend ask me a question about Autoit and I did not know the answer, :oops:

Lets say that a compiled script use the function FilInstall() to include encrypted and non encrypted files.

Is It possible that third party scanner can be able to search for files that was included inside the compiled script?

For example, scanning to find included encrypted files.

Eset Nod32 Antivirus with some advanced configuration can do that even more some files called "script,au3" & "script.bin" etc...