(Ubound) - 1 - read - 1

Hey people, I move for a while with AutoIt. Just who is giving an error that I have never seen yet.

The error is the following:

(Ubound) - 1 contained in the for, is reading the array after then falls over with -1. And coming back with error "Subscript used with non-Array variable."

Why ?

Exemple :

Local $arr1[3] = [ '1', '2', '3']
Local $arr2[3] = ['2', '3', '4']
Local $i
For $i = 0 to UBound($arr1) -1
if _arraySearch($arr2, $arr1[$i]) = -1 then
If _ArraySearch($arr2, $arr1^ ERROR
EndIf
Next

RvB #SvnhO¹

:oops:

Edited by RvBSvnhO

The array starts at 0, you are looking for -1 which does not exist

array 0 is usually the number of items in the array, so when you Ubound(array)-1, you are telling it not to use array 0

I glanced over the first 2 lines and didn't register them.

1 thing I noticed is you use _arraySearch

is should be _ArraySearch

you also need to include the array udf (not sure if you are in your main script or not)

other than that, it's working correctly for me.

#Include <Array.au3>
Local $i
For $i = 0 to UBound($arr1)-1
if _ArraySearch($arr2, $arr1[$i]) = -1 then MsgBox(0,"",@error)
Next

*edit*

#Include <Array.au3>
Local $i
Local $search
For $i = 0 to UBound($arr1)-1
$search = _ArraySearch($arr2, $arr1[$i])
if $search = -1 then MsgBox(0,"error",@error)
If $search <> -1 Then MsgBox(0,"found",$search)
Next

*edit*

in the 2nd example, you can see that it does not find "1" in array2 (error "6")

it finds "2" in array2 at position 0, and finds "3" in array2 at position 1

then exits because there are no more values in array1

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

I'm not getting any errors with that script. Although I'm assuming the second If/Then line was showing the error and also assuming you used #include <Array.au3> in the real script somewhere.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

What do you mean it falls to -1, when is this happening? Because it's not happening in your script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

the array search function returns -1 if the search string is not found otherwise returns the first array element where it is found.

also kaotkbliss

autoit is not case sensitive

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

BrewManNH

Sorry, I got just one example. My script is in StringRegExp, picking up 22 arrays. Only the Ubound is listing to 21 and then goes to -1 giving error in $ i.

use ubound -1 as the limit. not ubound and stringregexp returns a zero based array, not 1 based. that means you have to stop at ubound -1

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

You're going to need to post a script that demonstrates that, because I've never seen that before, unless you're deleting array elements inside your For loop.

The variable was equal to the Ubound of the other inside it, why he was reading once, and the second accused was not to be an array in For Loop.

Sorry, people.

I can not believe I did not see iso, you can close the topic.

Thank for much you all.

RvB #SvnhO

:oops:

Edited by RvBSvnhO

also kaotkbliss

autoit is not case sensitive

I know, but I find it good practice and have a habit of making sure cases match (just in case) so I see it as an error

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Run Tidy on the script, it will fix those types of "mistakes". :oops:

• Moderators

BrewManNH,

Took the words right out of my mouth! :bye:

M23

P.S. Or to be absolutely correct - the keys right off my keyboard! :oops:

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area