unzip a .zip

<NEWBIE ALERT>

Is it possible to unzip a zip file in Autoit without using a dll!

My script downloads a zip file to a temporary directory (successfully) and it must be unzipped to (Or moved to after unzip) another a folder which just happens to be

@scriptdir & "file.exe"

Thanks in advance

Edited by Guest
Identity

Search the examples, you'll find a ZIP UDF.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Why not use 7-Zip then? I don't really understand the 'no dll' part as I presume you also mean no external programs either.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I mean no dll because I don't know how to use one.

Basically the udf is what I need because I want the program to do it silently not moving the mouse and clicking/control clicking in 7-Zip!

But as a newbie I cant understand the udf although after close examination it is what I need.(silent)

The UDF is pretty well documented if you ask me. In the future if you are getting errors, then please show what you've at least tried. Also can I recommend that you have a look through the Help file about 'functions & includes.'

#include "_Zip.au3"

_Zip_UnzipAll(@ScriptDir & 'myZIP.zip', 'myZIP.zip', @ScriptDir & 'Unzip'); Before I had _Zip_Unzip.
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

The UDF is pretty well documented if you ask me. In the future if you are getting errors, then please show what you've at least tried. Also can I recommend that you have a look through the Help file about 'functions & includes.'

#include "_Zip.au3"

_Zip_Unzip(@ScriptDir & 'myZIP.zip', 'myZIP.zip', @ScriptDir & 'Unzip')

Exactly what I had

#include "_Zip.au3"

_Zip_UnzipAll(@ScriptDir & 'myZIP.zip', @ScriptDir & 'Unzip')

I've never used the UDF so quickly read it and missed the function _Zip_UnzipAll first time around.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2012 at 10:00 AM, guinness said:

#include "_Zip.au3"

I've never used the UDF so quickly read it and missed the function _Zip_UnzipAll first time around.

I can't find "_Zip.au3". Do I have to manually add that? 

On 4/4/2012 at 10:00 AM, guinness said:

#include "_Zip.au3"

Use mine :

#include <Constants.au3>

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Const $sZipFile = @ScriptDir & "\Test.zip"
Const $sDestFolder = @ScriptDir & "\Temp"

UnZip($sZipFile, $sDestFolder)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox ($MB_SYSTEMMODAL,"","Error unzipping file : " & @error)

Func UnZip($sZipFile, $sDestFolder)
  If Not FileExists($sZipFile) Then Return SetError (1) ; source file does not exists
  If Not FileExists($sDestFolder) Then
    If Not DirCreate($sDestFolder) Then Return SetError (2) ; unable to create destination
  Else
    If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sDestFolder), "D") Then Return SetError (3) ; destination not folder
  EndIf
  Local $oShell = ObjCreate("shell.application")
  Local $oZip = $oShell.NameSpace($sZipFile)
  Local $iZipFileCount = $oZip.items.Count
  If Not $iZipFileCount Then Return SetError (4) ; zip file empty
  For $oFile In $oZip.items
    $oShell.NameSpace($sDestFolder).copyhere($ofile)
  Next
EndFunc   ;==>UnZip

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Use mine :

#include <Constants.au3>

If @error Then Exit MsgBox ($MB_SYSTEMMODAL,"","Error unzipping file : " & @error)

If Not FileExists($sZipFile) Then Return SetError (1) ; source file does not exists
    If Not DirCreate($sDestFolder) Then Return SetError (2) ; unable to create destination
  Else
    If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sDestFolder), "D") Then Return SetError (3) ; destination not folder
  EndIf
  Next
EndFunc   ;==>UnZip

This is exactly what I needed!! 

• 3 years later...

hello friend, your function works well, but when the file already exists it asks to confirm the extraction, there is a way to extract it without having to confirm it, and it replaces the existing one automatically

#include <Constants.au3>

Else
  EndIf
  Next
EndFunc   ;==>UnZip

Edited by miudinho