AutoIt Snippets

Chimaera

What on earth?... I do not understand any of that code at all. What are the benefits to all that code over the code I wrote?

I can have multiple instances of the average mean during code execution, whereas your version is only for one. If I want a second instance with your version, then I have to destroy the previous first. Also I am just adding the values together and keeping note of the times the Add() function has been called. No need to store in an array, which is not only a memory hog but less efficient as you ReDim everytime an element is added. Which in the backend creates an new array and copies the old elements across.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Well it is the only method I know that I can perform the average with the least amount of code. You have all kinds of things in yours that I don't have a hope of understanding. Including that GUID looking string. You are a developer of AutoIt so I would imagine you know it inside and out, I am not that advanced with the language. I can do a lot and it is rare for me to have an idea and not be able to make something but I ackknowledge there is still a lot to AutoIt that I would likely never get into either because the excess required knowledge per particular usage would be too high, like certain windows API things and WMI etc. But what you wrote in your example is alien to me. lol

Edited by Morthawt

• 2 weeks later...

just a small one-liner contribution that came along today. Calculates the weekday based on another weekday and the diffrence in  days between them:

(I know you can do it by combining udfs but hey.. :geek: if you get very very bored you can reverse engineer the math :) )

Mod( Mod( @WDAY + 7 + Mod( $diff , 7 ) , 7 ) + 6 , 7 ) + 1

best regards 

Bluesmaster

*Update: there is a much shorter way to do this  (thanks to jchd)

$sourceDay = @WDAY
$diff =  22  ; = 22 days in the future
ConsoleWrite(   Mod($sourceDay + Mod($diff, 7) + 6, 7) + 1    & @LF)
Edited by Bluesmaster

My UDF: [topic='156155']_shellExecuteHidden[/topic]

• Moderators

Bluesmaster, while you explain your approach, the undeclared variable in your snippet may throw newer forum members. It is generally regarded as best practice to include completely runnable code, even for one or two-liners. That way, new folks passing by can take your code and run it, learning from it.

Edit: Just saw your post in Examples where jchd corrects your methodology. You may want to update your snippet.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 months later...

I'm betting this is the smallest function and the simplest here

Global $aArray[10000000]
MsgBox(0,'','') ; This take 43MB memory
CleanVar($aArray) ; Now if we want to clean the var, we use this
MsgBox(0,'','') ; Now it take about 4MB memory

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: CleanVar
; Description ...: Instead of using the ugly method - $var = '' in order to clean variable, you can use CleanVar($var)
; Syntax ........: CleanVar(Byref $var)
; Parameters ....: $var                 - [in/out] The variable to clean.
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: gil900
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func CleanVar(ByRef $var)
    $var = ''
EndFunc
Edited by Guest

I'm betting this is the smallest function and the simplest here

Global $aArray[10000000]
MsgBox(0,'','') ; This take 43MB memory
CleanVar($aArray) ; Now if we want to clean the var, we use this
MsgBox(0,'','') ; Now it take about 4MB memory

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: CleanVar
; Description ...: Instead of using the ugly method - $var = '' in order to clean variable, you can use CleanVar($var)
; Syntax ........: CleanVar(Byref $var)
; Parameters ....: $var                 - [in/out] The variable to clean.
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: gil900
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func CleanVar(ByRef $var)
    $var = ''
EndFunc

...and the worst snippet too. Please put a little more effort into your snippets. Even something like this makes more sense e.g.

#include <Array.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $aArray[100]
    _ArrayDisplay($aArray)
    PurgeVar($aArray)
    _ArrayDisplay($aArray)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func PurgeVar(ByRef $vVar)
    Switch VarGetType($vVar)
        Case "Array"
            Local $aEmpty[0]
            $vVar = $aEmpty ; Default value of an array.
        Case "Binary"
            $vVar = Binary(0) ; Default value of binary.
        Case "Bool"
            $vVar = False ; Default value of a boolean.
        Case "Double"
            $vVar = 0.0 ; Default value of a double.
        Case "Int32", "Int64"
            $vVar = 0 ; Default value of an integer.
        Case "Function", "Keyword", "DLLStruct", "Object", "Ptr"
            $vVar = Null ; Default value of an object/pointer.
        Case "String"
            $vVar = "" ; Default value of a string.
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>PurgeVar
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

What is the point to check this (VarGetType) if you anyway use it to delete the data in variable?

It really matter if you use 0 or "" when the goal is to clear memory that the variable use?

"" and 0 Cleaning almost the same amount of memory and from what you said, "" use less memory so it cleaning a bit more memory.

...and the worst snippet too.

Maybe :sweating:

Edited by Guest

What is the point to check this (VarGetType) if you anyway use it to delete the data in variable?

It really matter if you use 0 or "" when the goal is to clear memory that the variable use?

"" and 0 Cleaning almost the same amount of memory and from what you said, "" use less memory so it cleaning a bit more memory.

Maybe :sweating:

Because good practice would be to "clear" with the datatype the variable is holding. Mine isn't fully working snippet. Just a idea.

JohnOne,

VarGetType does work with arrays,

UDF List:

Yeah, sorry I thought your code was complete.

Now it is.

UDF List:

Not sure it is, I'm not 100% but I don't think you can pass type Object ByRef...

$obj = ObjCreate("scripting.dictionary")

_Check($obj)

PurgeVar($obj)

_Check($obj)

Func PurgeVar(ByRef $vVar)
    Switch VarGetType($vVar)
        Case "Array"
            Local $aEmpty[0]
            $vVar = $aEmpty ; Default value of an array.
        Case "Binary"
            $vVar = Binary(0) ; Default value of binary.
        Case "Bool"
            $vVar = False ; Default value of a boolean.
        Case "Double"
            $vVar = 0.0 ; Default value of a double.
        Case "Int32", "Int64"
            $vVar = 0 ; Default value of an integer.
        Case "Function", "Keyword", "DLLStruct", "Object", "Ptr"
            $vVar = Null ; Default value of an object/pointer.
        Case "String"
            $vVar = "" ; Default value of a string.
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>PurgeVar

Func _Check($obj)
    Static $num = 0
    $num += 1
    ConsoleWrite($num & " " & VarGetType($obj) & @LF)
    If Not IsObj($obj) Then
        Exit MsgBox(0, "Error:" & " " & $num, VarGetType($obj) & @CRLF & $obj)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Check

Oddly though, it does convert it to the Keyword.

EDIT: So Is Null, really Null, or Just a Keyword, and does AutoIt need it's types updating?

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Null is just a keyword. I used it here because in C# dedault(object) is null.

UDF List:

• 2 months later...

When you're working in a vmware system that does not have VMTools installed and you want to paste text from your system to the virtual system, you can use this script snippet to ghetto rig paste from your clipboard into the VM system using the send function:

#RequireAdmin
AutoItSetOption('TrayAutoPause', 0)
HotKeySet("^+v", 'Sender')

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Sender()
    Send(ClipGet())
EndFunc

Hey guys,

Here's a little something I've coded this morning for my job :

#include <Date.au3>

MsgBox(0,"",_YDay_To_Date("90", "2015"))

; Name ..........: YDay_To_Date
; Description ...: Give the date of the xxxth day of a given year
; Syntax ........: YDay_To_Date($yday, $year)
; Parameters ....: $yday    : the day number you want to "convert" to date
;                : $year    : the concerned year
; Return values .: If there's no error, the date in standard format (YYYY/MM/DD) ; otherwise, nothing.
; Author ........: GhostLine
Func _YDay_To_Date($yday, $year)
    If _DateIsLeapYear($year) And $yday > 364 Or $yday > 365 Then Exit
    $month = 1
    For $day = 1 To $yday
        If $day = $yday Then ExitLoop
        If _DateIsValid($year & "/" & StringRight(0 & $month, 2) & "/" & StringRight(0 & $day, 2)) <> 1 Then
            $yday = $yday - ($day - 1)
            $day = 1
            $month = $month + 1
        EndIf
    Next
    Return($year & "/" & StringRight(0 & $month, 2) & "/" & StringRight(0 & $yday, 2))
EndFunc   ;==>_YDay_To_Date

I hope it's not too bad :)

Edit : after posting this on the french forum, jchd has answered me, and opened my eyes about the fact I've totally missed the use of _DateAdd :)

Edited by GhostLine

• 1 month later...

My First Submission:

; Name ..........: StringTrimLeftUntil
; Description ...: Trim a string left until it reaches the delimiter charecter
; Syntax ........: StringTrimLeftUntil($sDelimiter, $sString)
; Parameters ....: $sDelimiter          - Charecter(s) to trim until
;                  $sString             - A string value.
;                  $iOccurrence         - Trim until which occurrence of the delimiter [Default = 1st occurrence]
;                  $bTrimDelimiter      - Do you want to trim the delimiter? Use True or False [Default = True]
; Return values .: Trimmed String
; Author ........: TheDcoder
; Modified ......: Thanks to water for the Idea
; Remarks .......: This function is not case sensitive meaning "DeLiMiTeR" is same as "Delimiter"
; Related .......: StringTrimLeft
; Link ..........: http://bit.ly/StringTrimUntilForAutoIt
; Example .......: No
Func StringTrimLeftUntil($sDelimiter, $sString, $iOccurrence = 1, $bTrimDelimiter = True)
    $iDelimiterLen = StringLen($sDelimiter)
    $sString = StringTrimLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sDelimiter, 2, $iOccurrence) + ($iDelimiterLen - 1)) ; This is a little hard to explain:
    #cs =========================================================================================================================================|
    | What it does is:                                                                                                                           |
    | 1. Find the delimiter's position in the string (StringInStr)                                                                               |
    | 2. Add delimiter's Length to delimiters position (I remove 1 for delimiter's length because StringInStr already contains that 1 charecter) |
    | 3. Trim the string :)                                                                                                                      |
    #ce =========================================================================================================================================|
    If $bTrimDelimiter = False Then $sString = $sDelimiter & $sString ; Look at the comment in StringTrimRightUntil ;)
    Return $sString ; Return the String :D
EndFunc   ;==>StringTrimLeftUntil

; Name ..........: StringTrimRightUntil
; Description ...: Trim a string right until it reaches the delimiter charecter
; Syntax ........: StringTrimRightUntil($sDelimiter, $sString)
; Parameters ....: $sDelimiter          - Charecter(s) to trim until
;                  $sString             - A string value.
;                  $iOccurrence         - Trim until which occurrence of the delimiter [Default = 1st occurrence]
;                  $bTrimDelimiter      - Do you want to trim the delimiter? Use True or False [Default = True]
; Return values .: Trimmed String
; Author ........: TheDcoder
; Modified ......: Me
; Remarks .......: This function is not case sensitive meaning "DeLiMiTeR" is same as "Delimiter".
;                  PLEASE USE StringTrimLeftUntil WHENEVER POSSIBLE! StringTrimRightUntil is slightly slower than StringTrimLeftUntil (62.2% slower to be exact)
; Related .......: StringTrimRight
; Link ..........: http://bit.ly/StringTrimUntilForAutoIt
; Example .......: No
Func StringTrimRightUntil($sDelimiter, $sString, $iOccurrence = 1, $bTrimDelimiter = True)
    $iStringLen = StringLen($sString) ; We need string's len
    $iDelimiterLen = StringLen($sDelimiter) ; We need delimiter's len too
    $iOccurrence -= $iOccurrence * 2 ; Convert to negitive integer so that we can find the delimiter from the right-side
    $sString = StringTrimRight($sString, ($iStringLen - StringInStr($sString, $sDelimiter, 2, $iOccurrence)) - ($iDelimiterLen - 1) + $iDelimiterLen) ; Explanation:
    #cs ===========================================================================================================================================================|
    | 1. Find the delimiter's postion in the string from the right-side (StringInStr) & remove string's length to get the no. of chars to trim from te right-side  |
    | 2. Substract (delimiter's len - 1) in the no. of char to trim                                                                                                |
    | 3. Again add delimiter's len                                                                                                                                 |
    | 4. Trim the string!!!                                                                                                                                        |
    #ce ===========================================================================================================================================================|
    If $bTrimDelimiter = False Then $sString &= $sDelimiter ; This way simplest way to do it without messing with the complex algorithm (Also even I can't understand the algorithm cleary! Even though I got it working somehow :-/)
    Return $sString ; Return the String
EndFunc   ;==>StringTrimRightUntil

Hope it may help someone, TD :)

Edited by TheDcoder
Added "$bTrimDelimiter" parameter, TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Wouldn't

$sString = StringMid(StringInStr($sString, $sDelimiter) + 1)

do the same but faster?
And RegExp will be faster too.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Double post.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki