IE.au3 Trouble

Every time i even try to run a simple command with #include <IE.au3>

such as $oIE = _IECreate()

i get this error Posted Image

i dont think my santax is incorrect, and also i just installed the newest beta

does anyone elese have this problem or know what is going wrong?

also i moved the IE.au3 and the new script i'm working on into the program files/internet explorer dir i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not

thanks vend3r

Edited by vend3r

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate()
_IENavigate($oIE, "http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23")

$o_anchors = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE,"a")
While $o_anchors.item().value < 1

$o_anchors.item(poll).click
  _IEAction($oIE, "refresh")

this is what i have so far

Then my apologies..I remember getting the same error by running a script that used IE.au3, with the "original" 3.1.0.0 version..absolutely the same..so I supposed that must be it..sorry..

Together we might liveDivided we must fall

I was having the exact same problem as Vend3r. I updated and everything. BUT I thought i did the beta update when I didnt... Stoopid me. Anyway, if you're still having the problem, might wanna just try the MOST recent and reinstall

Beta files:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

Doubt that helped, but perhaps! :)

Edited by Nanascalala

Hi,

I think at that site, that the links are on a hidden form (I cannot retrieve the formname)

i can retrieve a lot of links you could click none include "Poll" or "refresh"; see attached txt file

Therefore, the object cannot be retrieved properly and probably a wrong message to "ie.au3".

My 2 penneth, anyway.

The same problem as some others are finding; i think dale is trying to get a mechanism for reading those hidden frames; may not be possible from pure "COM"?

Best, Randall

here is list by name of opened site from links;

it may still e you need to define more clearly what link you are trying to click, and just click onn it.

I have not used "tagcollection"; it could be a problem there; check with Dale?)

Randlall

I'll be posting a new version shortly that will give you more tools to navigate the HTML structure. Stand by.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I'll be posting a new version shortly that will give you more tools to navigate the HTML structure.  Stand by.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See here for a utility function that shows you attributes of the page needed for automation.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble