Custom ListView - icons / checkboxes / multiline / edit in place

About the last script posted by rover, here's a quick fix for multi-selection (replace the declaration of $bSelected and adjust the If statement)

Local $bSelected = GUICtrlSendMsg($cID, $LVM_GETITEMSTATE, $itmID, $LVIS_SELECTED) <> 0
If $bSelected Then
  $iTxtCol = 0x494949
  DllCall($iDllUSER32, "int", "FillRect", "handle", $hDC, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tDRAWITEMSTRUCT, "itmRect"), "handle", $hBrush)
Else
  $iTxtCol = 0xB79588
EndIf

About the last script posted by rover, here's a quick fix for multi-selection (replace the declaration of $bSelected and adjust the If statement)

Local $bSelected = GUICtrlSendMsg($cID, $LVM_GETITEMSTATE, $itmID, $LVIS_SELECTED) <> 0
If $bSelected Then
  $iTxtCol = 0x494949
  DllCall($iDllUSER32, "int", "FillRect", "handle", $hDC, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tDRAWITEMSTRUCT, "itmRect"), "handle", $hBrush)
Else
  $iTxtCol = 0xB79588
EndIf

@footswitch

Good to hear you like it.

I came up with the idea of theming selected items a few years back.

A bit of a misuse to use the button theme, but it works in XP on up.

The listview theme in Vista and up has a group item glass theme part that could also be used, check MSDN and the vsstyle.h file for parts and states constants.

The sendmessage call is not needed, the ODS_SELECTED section was coded improperly.

I've corrected that in both examples and added a few fixes and a themed select bar demonstration to the second example.

@UEZ

Thanks

Edited by rover

I see fascists...

Sweet Jesus.

Just one last thing

Added combo for Button or Listview theme parts with resize of Listview theme parts as they are 1 pixel larger than Button parts

Btw, the Listview group header theme parts have a better gradient than Button parts in Vista+

Really nice example with lots of ideas to follow-up on, 5 stars from me too (maybe you repost it in the examples forum too) ..

Thanks

It's a good enough example/guideline for people to code their own implementation.

Edited by rover

I see fascists...

• 1 year later...